“I81 stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites Airport to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5080 Valley View Blvd., 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
“I81 stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great stay. Hotel has been totally updated. Food was good. Bed was comfortable. Very clean. Kitchen was very handy to have.Near the mall and restaurants. Will stay here again when in the area. Good value.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the full kitchen to be helpful. We have a great location being at the largest shopping mall complex in this part of the state. There are plenty of things to do nearby for food, shopping, and relaxation.
I hope you will visit us again soon. Please let me know if I can assist with future reservations. Contact me at cia@rbnet.com or 540-992-4077.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Convenient.
Close to many things that you need while in the road. Lots of food, mall, and freeway access. Right across from the airport WITH a shuttle.

Rooms have all you need. Plenty of room with the two room set up with kitchenette.

Caution though...only 1 computer for use. NO business center. That's kind of behind the times, but the wifi worked pretty well.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thanks for your review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be ideal. We are right in the middle of it all, yet quiet enough for a good night's rest.
I'm sorry if only having one lobby computer for guest use caused you an inconvenience. We actually find the lobby computer isn't used as much as it was in the past because most people have their internet device in their pocket.
I hope you will visit us again and if you need any assistance with reservations or have any questions, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com
Thanks!
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here this past week and were very impressed. The suite was roomy and very comfortable. The staff was, without exception, courteous and helpful. The breakfast, while the same each day, was very good, with the only exception being that the toaster springs were shot, and would not stay down on their own. Their little store does not stock much beyond soft drinks, ice cream, and the like, and all items are expensive...better to buy at the Walmart down the street.

I'd highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thanks so much for your review.
I'm pleased your stay was enjoyable and I will pass along the nice comments to the staff.
I will replace the toaster in the breakfast area so it will work properly. I'm sorry you had that trouble.
We are also in the process of adding additional cabinets and shelving in the convenience store area so we can enlarge our selection. I would be interested to hear in you have any suggestions. Please contact me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com.
We look forward to seeing you again,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have visited this hotel numerous times and been very satisfied overall. The only problem is the sofa bed in the living room is much too low for comfortable seating - even for short people!
We realize this furniture is also used by some guests for sleeping, but even that use seems a little too close to the floor. For our use, we are limited to the one chair or the chairs at the dining area for sitting or watching TV.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
gmva342, General Manager at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for your review. In the future when you visit, please contact me and I will see there is an additional chair in your room for your relaxation. I am sorry the sofas are not to your liking, but I believe I can help with this additional chair.
Please let me know in advance of your arrival or contact me directly at gm.va342@choicehotels.com or 540-527-3030 and I will be happy to assit with reservations.
Ed Wray
北海道千歳市
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Satisfaction
Breakfast was very good!
Access from the airport also may
Momentum of the water in the shower is good!

• Stayed March 2014
Thanks for your kind words. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. If I can help with future reservations, please contact me at gm.va342@choicehotels.com or 540-527-3030. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Ed Wray
Earth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our room was very spacious and comfortable.There was also an equipped kitchen, but we didn't use it.
Room was very well lighted, so was the bathroom - not common in hotels.
The room was clean and quiet.

The problems:
The bottom inner part of bathroom's door was dirty.

At breakfast there was a small selection of items.
There was no fruit salad, no walnuts, no raisins, no cranberries.
There were only packs of 2 bread slices. I wanted 1 slice of plain bread and I do not throw away food. So having no choice, I ate a plain bagel.
They have a coffee machine that prepares a so called Cappuccino. They have never tasted the real thing if they call that strange liquid Cappuccino.
The garbage can's lid was very dirty and the only way to use it was to touch it, no open comfortable can.

Their Wi-Fi is very weak, slow and there are frequent cutoffs. Very uncomfortable.

The elevator is terribly slow. Not because there are many guests, the hotel was almost empty. It takes the elevator's door forever to close and to open.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for your review.
I am sorry we missed out of exceeding your expectations at the MainStay Suites Airport. Although your room seemed to be fine except for the bottom of the bathroom door, it appears we have improvement to do on our breakfast bar.
I will take all of your comments into consideration and talk with the breakfast staff and get things cleaned up and a better selection. Thanks so much for bringing your concerns to my attention.
I hope in the future you will allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I ended up staying two days here and had a very relaxing stay. The front desk manager, Bonnie, was very courteous and ensured that I had everything that was needed for a great stay. I'm very glad that I chose to stay at this location while visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Joseph,
Thanks for your kind words concerning your recent stay. I will pass along your comments to Bonnie and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again soon.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to MainStay Suites Airport? Share your experiences!