“Very Helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites Airport to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5080 Valley View Blvd., 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
“Very Helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I ended up staying two days here and had a very relaxing stay. The front desk manager, Bonnie, was very courteous and ensured that I had everything that was needed for a great stay. I'm very glad that I chose to stay at this location while visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Joseph,
Thanks for your kind words concerning your recent stay. I will pass along your comments to Bonnie and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit us again soon.

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was on a press trip here, so I did not choose the hotel, which seemed perfectly fine for what it is.
However, after my first night, I woke up with bug bites and at first I thought they were mosquitoes, but I started asking around, and no one else had been bitten. Adiitionally, I had not seen any mosquitoes during my stay. The next day I woke up with even more bites--red, swollen, itchy things all over the areas of my body that had been exposed during my sleep--arms, feet, hands.
I asked to be moved to another hotel, and my request was complied with.
When I asked to do my laundry at the hotel the following day free of charge, I was rebuked. The woman working at the front desk was extremely rude and belligerent, and when I asked to speak to the GM she told me he was sleeping. She took down my number and said he'd call me, but I haven't heard a thing from him.
These things happen, and I understand that. It's an unfortunate problem in hotel rooms and apartment buildings. I don't blame management or the hotel or the housekeepers, but I am completely floored at the way my situation was handled.
All I wanted was a new suitcase and clean laundered clothes paid for by the hotel, and so far, I have heard nothing.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Your group’s rooms were arranged through the Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau and were complimentary rooms from the hotel and the two neighboring hotels owned by our company.
You checked into the hotel on Wednesday, October 16 and made no mention to anyone at the hotel about your suspicions of bed bugs until Friday evening. We then immediately offered you a room at our nearby Best Western per your request. Saturday morning you returned to the MainStay Suites and demanded money ($200.00) from the desk staff to wash your clothes and purchase a new suit case. This request was referred to the General Manager who was at his residence still sleeping from working extremely late the night before. Coincidentally, he was the gentleman that spoke with you Friday night and arranged for your other room.
The room you occupied at the MainStay Suites was immediately taken out of order on Friday evening and inspected by two members of our housekeeping staff on Saturday morning. No evidence of bed bugs was found by either staff member. The General Manager returned to the property Saturday after lunch and inspected the room as well and he also verified there was no evidence of bed bugs. The room has remained out of service and inspected twice daily to date and no one has seen any sign or evidence of bed bugs.
The owner called you Monday morning and spoke with you by cell phone. He informed you he would turn the matter over to our insurance company for follow-up. Since there is no evidence of any bed bugs in the room, it is entirely inappropriate for us to pay you the $200.00 cash as you demanded. You have yet to visit a doctor to verify or deny your bites were bed bugs. As I understand, the group you traveled with attended a couple of outdoor events, so other insects could be responsible for the bites.
We in the hospitality business take this bed bug outbreak very seriously. Just because they are called “bed” bugs does not mean that is the only place you can come in contact with them. They are in many areas of the community included city buses and taxis, airplanes, department stores, theaters, colleges, public housing, and even hospitals. There are many other areas in our daily lives that we could come in contact with these insects and don’t even know it. It is quite possible through your travels from New York, you could have come in contact with bed bugs and carried them with you. As hoteliers, we are as much a victim as anyone because we are assumed to be the major cause of spreading these inspects. In actuality, we are as much a victim as anyone. Anytime there is a report of bed bug suspicion, we immediately block the room. If treatment is necessary, we lose the revenue for the rental of the room as well as the cost of extermination.
Since there is no evidence of bed bugs as you imply with your TripAdvisor review, I consider your comments to be slander and I am considering seeking legal advice. We, as a company have gone out of our way to accommodate you with another room at our nearby hotel. It is also my understanding that along with the Roanoke Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau, it was decided that you would return home early and not remain a part of the travel writers that were invited to the Roanoke Valley.
If any of our future guests would like to know more about this false review, you may feel free to contact me as I would be happy to discuss this further.
540-992-4077
Washington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The front desk clerks are very easy to talk to. I especially enjoyed chatting with Curtis Saunders, when I visited Roanoke this summer. It made being away from home a little more bearable. The room was clean and the hotel was obviously well maintained. I felt safe while I stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Keith,
Thanks so much for your nice comments concerning your recent stay. Curtis is a pleasure to talk with and she loves meeting and chatting with our guests
We all look forward to your visit in the future.
Charlottesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After only a day or 2 there I saw a housekeeping member let some stranger into a guests room, then saw the guest physically remove the person from the property. A few days later there was loud music, noisy partying & an overwhelming smell of marijuana wafting through the hallways & later found out an employee of the hotel was having a party. The "breakfast" was appalling considering what I paid for the "suite". Finally, the internet was weak at best & constantly going out which was a nightmare when trying to do my daily reports. Don't even try to use the "business center" one computer with so much "security" you can't even send an attachment. Upon returning home & telling my supervisor about my experience she suggested I call their corporate office, which I did. At first, they seemed very concerned & helpful, but within minutes they were accusatory, defensive & just plain rude. After traveling the country for many years on business this was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever experienced. Incompetence level, high.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for bringing your concerns to my attention. I will check into all the things you have mentioned but we do have strict guidelines for allowing entry into guest rooms and we do not allow employees to stay at the hotel. I will look into these and take whatever action is required.
I'm sorry our breakfast wasn't to your liking. Please let me know how we can improve. We take feedback from our guests and make improvements to meet their needs.
I will check on the internet connection and make sure the signal is strong and transmitting throughout the building. The business center computer does have a security package to help prevent guests from viewing things that other guests may download. This also helps by preventing viruses on the computer.
I trust you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We truly are not like the review you wrote and would love to prove to you otherwise.
If you return to the Roanoke Valley, please call me personally and I will arrange your reservation.
540-992-4077
Emporia, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Made sure I had everything I needed to make my stay a pleasant one. The breakfast was great and the room were very fresh and clean. The desk clerk on all shifts were very friendly and helpful. Desk clerk advised of places to eat. Clerk went ot of their way to make sure your room was up to par.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for sharing your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to treat each guest as if they are a member of our family and visiting at our personal home. We all look forward to seeing you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My stay at MainStay Suites was quite satisfactory. It isn't an extravagant hotel but a nice, clean, quiet, basic hotel that will meet all the needs of a business person traveling. I'll be back later this year and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable but I wish we had exceeded your expectations. We will have to work harder on your next visit.
Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your return visit.
metro NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

simple but Very clean hotel. Perfect for business or vacation travel. Friendly staff take pride in their hotel
location is convenient, close to Route 81 , near airport, many places to eat close by
perfect hotel for business or family trips

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased you stayed with us and everything was enjoyable. We do have a great location with our proximity to Valley View Mall, the airport and I-81/I-581. But as you stated, our best asset is our staff. They treat everyone as if they were a guest in their own home.
Hurry back and stay with us again. We love having you!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to MainStay Suites Airport? Share your experiences!