“Nice place to visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

You added MainStay Suites Airport to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5080 Valley View Blvd., 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Washington, United Kingdom
“Nice place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The front desk clerks are very easy to talk to. I especially enjoyed chatting with Curtis Saunders, when I visited Roanoke this summer. It made being away from home a little more bearable. The room was clean and the hotel was obviously well maintained. I felt safe while I stayed there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Keith,
Thanks so much for your nice comments concerning your recent stay. Curtis is a pleasure to talk with and she loves meeting and chatting with our guests
We all look forward to your visit in the future.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlottesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After only a day or 2 there I saw a housekeeping member let some stranger into a guests room, then saw the guest physically remove the person from the property. A few days later there was loud music, noisy partying & an overwhelming smell of marijuana wafting through the hallways & later found out an employee of the hotel was having a party. The "breakfast" was appalling considering what I paid for the "suite". Finally, the internet was weak at best & constantly going out which was a nightmare when trying to do my daily reports. Don't even try to use the "business center" one computer with so much "security" you can't even send an attachment. Upon returning home & telling my supervisor about my experience she suggested I call their corporate office, which I did. At first, they seemed very concerned & helpful, but within minutes they were accusatory, defensive & just plain rude. After traveling the country for many years on business this was one of the most unprofessional things I have ever experienced. Incompetence level, high.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for bringing your concerns to my attention. I will check into all the things you have mentioned but we do have strict guidelines for allowing entry into guest rooms and we do not allow employees to stay at the hotel. I will look into these and take whatever action is required.
I'm sorry our breakfast wasn't to your liking. Please let me know how we can improve. We take feedback from our guests and make improvements to meet their needs.
I will check on the internet connection and make sure the signal is strong and transmitting throughout the building. The business center computer does have a security package to help prevent guests from viewing things that other guests may download. This also helps by preventing viruses on the computer.
I trust you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We truly are not like the review you wrote and would love to prove to you otherwise.
If you return to the Roanoke Valley, please call me personally and I will arrange your reservation.
540-992-4077
Emporia, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Made sure I had everything I needed to make my stay a pleasant one. The breakfast was great and the room were very fresh and clean. The desk clerk on all shifts were very friendly and helpful. Desk clerk advised of places to eat. Clerk went ot of their way to make sure your room was up to par.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for sharing your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to treat each guest as if they are a member of our family and visiting at our personal home. We all look forward to seeing you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My stay at MainStay Suites was quite satisfactory. It isn't an extravagant hotel but a nice, clean, quiet, basic hotel that will meet all the needs of a business person traveling. I'll be back later this year and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable but I wish we had exceeded your expectations. We will have to work harder on your next visit.
Thanks again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your return visit.
metro NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

simple but Very clean hotel. Perfect for business or vacation travel. Friendly staff take pride in their hotel
location is convenient, close to Route 81 , near airport, many places to eat close by
perfect hotel for business or family trips

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased you stayed with us and everything was enjoyable. We do have a great location with our proximity to Valley View Mall, the airport and I-81/I-581. But as you stated, our best asset is our staff. They treat everyone as if they were a guest in their own home.
Hurry back and stay with us again. We love having you!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a super clean and friendly hotel. We travel with our small pets and they have a few pet rooms. The hotel is very well maintained, has a nice breakfast, indoor pool and very friendly staff.
The rooms are well appointed and spacious. They offer handicap accessible rooms and baths with roll in shower. Really nice place located at Valley View mall close to any kind of restaurant you would want. The airport is just a few minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
George,
Thanks for your review, but I need to clarify something. We do not have an indoor pool, however our sister properties next door do have a seasonal outdoor pool and an indoor pool that our guests are welcome to use.
I am pleased your visit was enjoyable and I hope you will stay with us again.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Brenda was awesome along with all others making our stay the best. We will be back in the fall again.... Love them and the people that take care of us while there.... Love, Love, Love this Hotel.. Shared our experance with other that where doing the same event we were doing.... Over 50 vendors... When you find good people and friendly staff etc. you stick with the.

Room Tip: All rooms are great...