“MainStay_fab” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MainStay Suites Airport

Save Saved
You added MainStay Suites Airport to your Saves list
MainStay Suites Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5080 Valley View Blvd., 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Richford, New York
“MainStay_fab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

MainStay Suites, Roanoke, Virginia is by far the best hotel chain where we have ever stayed, PERIOD. These rooms could have commanded at least $125 to $150 per night, with no qualms from us. On top of that, the front desk people were cheery, helpful, and just down right polite. We are now in the process of finding where all these Suites are, and will definitely seek them out whenever possible.

Art and Sue Robertson

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Art,
Thanks so much for your kind words of our hotel. MainStay Suites does offer large rooms with full kitchens and plenty of room to relax at an affordable price. Our staff makes everyone feel right at home as we are one big happy family!
We hope you will visit us again soon. Don't worry, we won't increase your rate!!!

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Suites had full kitchen and accessories. nice living area and separate bed and bath areas. Staff very helpful and friendly. Treated you like family. Excellent choices for both hot and cold breakfast. easy parking. Right off main road easy access but quiet at night.

Room Tip: Upper floor has best view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Fred1948,
Thanks for staying with us for for sharing your comments.
I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to the Roanoke Valley and your stay with us was comfortable. We have large rooms with full kitchens and lots of extra room to relax. We do have a great location just off the main road and located within the Valley View Mall shopping complex.
I hope you will visit us again soon should you return to our part of the world.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We needed a two-bedroom suite and chose MainStay based on positive TripAdvisor comments. This place really lived up to the good reviews. TVs in each room plus the living area, each room had a bath, everything was spotless. And a most congenial gal on the desk when we checked in. Breakfast was ample and good, too.
We'd like to spend some more time in Roanoke and when we do, I know where we'll be staying. It's near a big mall so there's no lack of shopping or eating opportunities.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words concerning your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed your large rooms and we look forward to having your return visit.
We are located in the Valley View Mall complex, southwest Virginia's largest shopping center. There are ample restaurants, movie theaters and shopping venues to keep you busy. The valley also offers many leisure activities and outdoor adventures to explore.
Thanks again for your comments. I will pass them on to the staff.
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The staff were absolutely wonderful. Everyone was friendly, helpful and informative. The location was good and we had no problems getting around the city. The rooms were very nice and the bed was comfortable. We would return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. It is nice to know your stay was enjoyable. We strive hard each day to make sure our guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, I would only stay here when traveling to Roanoke if I had my choice. I am always greeted warmly. The rooms are very clean (though I once had a bad experience here that was corrected immediately and I was not charged for my room).

There are new HD televisions in the suites since my last visit. As I had a wee bit of trouble, I called the front desk. Advice was given and staff volunteered to come up right away.

Really, I enjoy this hotel!

• Stayed January 2013
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the MainStay Suites Airport. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you when in the Roanoke area.
I am pleased you have enjoyed your multiple visits with us. Sometimes a problem does arise, and I am glad the staff has been able to handle your concerns with efficiency.
We look forward to you visiting us in the future.
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Good morning, I would like to comment on my recent stays at this hotel. My business has me traveling to the Ronoake area, I have stayed at the location 4 or five times. Each time, I have had the pleasure to check in when Curtis is working the front desk. Since my first stay, Curtis has been exceptional. She makes the checking in process so delightful, it's like arriving at a home away from home. It takes alot to impress me when it comes to hotel stays and the like, but I will only stay at the Main Stay Suites when I'm in Roanoke. I am a long time Hilton Honors member. Thank you for having a team member who understands what good customer relations is all about.

Al Barner

albarner4309@aol.com

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Mr. Barner,
Thanks so much for your comments and kind words about the hotel and in particular, Mrs. Curtis. She is an amazing lady and treats all of our guests as though they were coming into her home.
I will pass along your kind words and give Mrs. Curtis a pat on the back.
Thank you for being a repeat guest with us and we all look forward to seeing you again.
woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We've stayed here before- the rooms are clean- though some corners in the bath room area could use a scrubbing!. The staff is very helpful, polite and considerate. This location is very convenient to downtown Roanoke. We noticed this visit that the milk in the fridge that is in the free breakfast area was out dated. When we asked for a container with a fresh date, the person working that day- while she was going to get a fresh milk, said she was trying to get rid of the out dated ones. " You can drink the milk up to three days after the date" she says. Well, that may be, says I, but the stamp clearly says use by.... Just makes me wonder what other short cuts in the food area the staff is taking.

Room Tip: rooms on the Hershberger side will have some traffic noise till midnight
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you have returned to stay with us again and I certainly value your comments. I have already spoken with the General Manager concerning the expired milk containers and I can assure you this will not happen again, nor will any cutting corners with food preparation, storage, or usage be tolerated. We value the safety of our guests and will take every step necessary to assure it.
Thanks again for your comments and We look forward to you returning to stay with us in the future.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to MainStay Suites Airport? Share your experiences!