First I want to start off with letting you all know that I am not a complainer. I always find "the gold" in the situation. So I'm not going to nit-pick about ever little thing when I review places.
We stayed here in October while traveling to Nashville for a conference. It was my husband and I and my two adult children. Check-in was very pleasant. The lady at the front desk was super friendly (and we are super friendly people to begin with so it's easy to strike up a conversation). We arrived there late so we got there, threw our bags in the room and then headed out to get some dinner.
We arrived back around 10:30pm (and had to be up at about 6 the next morning). My husband and I took the bed near the window in the "bedroom area" of the room; my son took the bed next to the bathroom area and my daughter took the pullout couch in the "living room" area.
Here's a list of what was not to our liking (and we did let the hotel know the next morning):
- The shower curtain smelled like dirty water which really stunk up the entire room. We didn't notice it at first; perhaps it was after we turned the heat up that the smell really permeated the room. Since the bedroom was right off the bathroom, we had to smell this all night (even though the bathroom door was closed).
- The pullout couch was all springs. My daughter said it was just painful to sleep on.
- The way the bathroom & sink area were situated left no area of privacy. Let me explain. You have the two beds that were adjacent to an area that had the sink on one side and the closet on the other; when you walked through that area you had the bathroom which was really tiny. If you were to take a shower, you couldn't bring your clothes in the bathroom with you because they would become soaked. You'd have to get dressed near the sink area. But.....if someone is still sleeping in the bed right next to that area, there is no curtain to give you privacy. Sure it wouldn't matter if it was just a couple there but for a family, it was really an issue. Plus with the stink in the bathroom, no one wanted to shower anyway.
- A couple of days after leaving that hotel, all of us had some kind of upper respiratory bug. I'm sure it's because of what we were breathing in all night at that hotel, sad to say.
- It was a nice gesture to offer "breakfast" to your patrons, but it really could have been to a higher standard for the price paid for the room. Something they might want to improve upon.
It is my hope that with this review and that which I left with the hotel staff, that they will improve their rooms. Bring them into the 21st century and make sure that there aren't any smells that people have to contend with. Hope this was a helpful review.