“Great place to stay; convenient to everything and very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to stay; convenient to everything and very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed here while taking our son to Virginia Tech since all the nearby hotels near Tech were booked. We also needed a pet-friendly place. This was a great place to stay. Everything was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is close to the airport and every store I could possibly think of, yet was very quiet at night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit at the Mainstay Suites Airport in Roanoke, VA.
The hotel is conveniently located in the Valley View Mall shopping complex and is just a short drive to I-81 allowing a short commute to Virginia Tech. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and trust you will visit us again when in the Roanoke Valley.
SIncerely,
VP of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hamilton, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Mom and Dad snore so teenage daughter loves having her own room separated by living area and doors. The suites are very nice. Having a continental breakfast included is also nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to the Mainstay Suites Airport in Roanoke, VA.
I am pleased our two room suite gave you the privacy you needed. We have some rooms that offer two separate bedrooms with a shared living room area. Perfect for large families or two families traveling together.
I hope you will visit us again should you return to the area.
Fayetteville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I was lucky to get in. This hotel is pet friendly and Hurricane Irene was bringing in evacuees. My pup and I got a fabulous room and terrific service !! I would definitely stay here again. Thank you Chris at the main desk for making my stay (if only for one night) comfortable, affordable and so very pleasant. I was so tired from my trip - started in TX. My room was immaculate and smelled lovely. This is a night's stay you wouldn't want to miss; can you imagine if I 'd stayed longer - - would have been great !!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
I am pleased we were able to take care of you and your pet during Hurricane Irene. It is unfortunate that your visit had to be due to evacuation procedures. Perhaps you could visit under better circumstances and we could supply you with a map of many points of interest in the area. There are many museums of varied interests, arts and craft shows, largest shopping complex in Southwest Virginia and scenic drives you could explore. Come visit, we would love to show you the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Ohio City, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We booked reservations at the MainStay Suites because of our daughter's softball team going to the National Softball Tournament in Va. We had no idea, how wonderful the accomodations and personnel would be. From the moment we arrived, our questions and needs were met, by wonderful people such as; Curtis and Ralph.

The room was very nice and would be a wonderful home away from home, if ever the need would arise that one would have to stay in a hotel or rental place for any length of time, either work relocation or to spend months in a warmer climate. The hotel in general had a fantastic manager's reception on Wednesday evening with many delicious finger foods served, free of charge. The morning breakfast was a phenomenal selection of both hot and cold foods, from waffles and sausage to a variety of cereals and yogurts... there really was no reason not to eat there. Of course all of these services were built into the very fair and reasonable rates.

The hotel is conveniently located near a mall and a great selection of restaurants. The hotel provides a limo service to pick-up or transport people from/to the airport and or the mall and surrounding businesses.

All in all the hotel was clean, neat and had wonderful people employed there. I would definitely recomend this location to anyone I know going to the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments concerning your recent stay, I am happy you enjoyed your visit to the Roanoke Valley. I will pass on your comments to the staff and we all hope you will visit the MainStay Suites Airport in the future.
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Ms. Saunders always has a smile and tries to help in anyway she can. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and I was so pleased with the stay here. Thumbs up for quality care and service. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your kind words concerning your recent stay at the Mainstay Suites Airport. Ms. Saunders is a wonderful lady and takes great care of all of her guests. I will pass on your kind words to her.
We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Monterey, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The rooms were very clean and the staff were very professional and friendly.

Room Tip: Great room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Mainstay Suites Airport. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to a return visit.
Coeburn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

The rooms were great. We were pleasantly surprised at the spaciousness and cleanliness of the suites.
The staff were all extremely warm and helpful.

Room Tip: Our rooms were located on the front side of the motel. The view was great.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at MainStay Suites Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay at the MainStay Suites. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
VP of Operations

Been to MainStay Suites Airport? Share your experiences!