“My Roanoke Pick” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Northern Virginia
“My Roanoke Pick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Nice hotel, clean rooms, good common areas. Only slight negative is that the front desk staff weren't super welcoming or overly pleasant. Seemed to have a presence of "guarding" the desk rather than being very welcoming to guests. Very comfortable stay though. Also stayed at Hyatt Place in Roanoke same week, this is my hands down favorite. If I'm ever in the Roanoke area again this will be the first place I go to book. Super Clean rooms, updated decor, looks brand new. Close to malls and all fairly new restaurants, lots to choose from within 1-3 miles.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lancaster PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stayed here in 2008 and when I needed a place for Roanoke with my family, I knew this would be a good hotel. As I read through the negative reviews, I'm left wondering if they were in the same place as we were, especially the last one who described a bad neighborhood. This hotel is close to the airport, a mall, stores, and many other hotels. I never felt unsafe and certainly wasn't concerned about the neighborhood. Check in was easy and the room was clean. We had a good nights sleep and enjoyed the concert we came to see. This hotel is just what I expect from Marriott, and would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Roanoke
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

The police were there when we arrived. Security is tight. The neighborhood locals make the experience worse by conducting their nefarious activities there. Of all Courtyards I've stayed at, this was the least clean, I'd give it a C+. The staff was fine. I'm not sure what was growing in the bottom of the tiny pool.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Review from a Platinum member: Feb 27, 2009 1st room smelt like smoke, it may have been coming from another room. 2nd room, well, the pillow cases were dirty, fine hair, wrinkled and at first glance the sheets seemed to be clean. I asked just to change the pillow cases which was promptly done,The staff I will say were very proactive ( I should have known better and asked for a 3rd room, later at closer inspection one side of the bedding looked to have been slept in).The next day I asked that all bedding be changed, It wasn't, they changed the sheets and nothing else. The room its self was the standard courtyard king bedroom and had that musty smell. The lady at the front desk did say they were renovating the whole hotel in May 2009. Hopefully that is true as this hotel really could use it. I may (???)give this hotel another shot after renovations only because of the front desk staff.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on Valentines' Day. We were greeted cordially and the staff processed us into the room quickly, efficiently and politely.

Two minutes after getting to our room one of the staff arrived with champagne and choclate covered strawberries. We expected both to be cheap, but were pleasantly surprised that they were of a good quality.

Our room was clean and spacious, we were suprised that they are scheduled for a complete overhaul this year. Nothing was worn or out of date.

Be warned, the bar is closed until the renovations are complete.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Southwest Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

My family (myself, spouse, 6 year old and 4 year old) stayed one night at Courtyard. Stayed here for Monster Truck show at Roanoke Civic center. We booked this hotel because my spouse's company headquarters are in Roanoke and their HR personnel stated that this was the cleanest and best rate in Roanoke. We booked directly through Marriott for $114.00 rate which included a $20.00 Target gift card and free breakfast for all of us at the hotel. This was a great deal because the buffet was $9.00per person!! The room was clean and beds were good. The hotel has a very SMALL indoor pool which my kids loved but it is tiny, but when you are 6 and 4 it is fantastic. The breakfast buffet was good and the staff was very good! Would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Franklin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

We spent our seventh anniversary week with the Marriot family. They found out we were celebrating and they just made us feel so special. Our room was large and very comfortable. The hotel restaurant staff served us as though we were family. We plan to come back in the very near future.

• Liked — Great room and great staff.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!