“Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a great experience, as I was there for the Miss VA Pageant. The staff was very cordial, the rooms were lovely, the breakfast was tasty. When I had an issue with some electrical outlets not working, the maintenance person went straight up to the room and fixed it immediately. I would definitely stay here again. If there was a "tiny" complaint -- it would be that the parking lot was always full at night when I came back from the Civic Center.

Room Tip: The King Size Suites are extremely nice. I did have to ask for linens for the pull out sofa; but, t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We often stay at this location because it is near our son's school. Usually it is a nice stay with very few complaints. This last time was the exception. The thermostat didn't seem to work and the room kept getting more and more uncomfortable. The bed felt as though it was broken and sagged towards the middle (king bed). The worst part was all of the ultra-firm pillows. I actually woke up with a very stiff neck and my chin almost touching my chest. I was very disappointed by this stay as every other time has been pretty good. I hope it gets better, or we may have to find another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ROACourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Chris N,

Thank you so much for staying with us during your recent trip to Roanoke to visit your son at college. We appreciate that we are your preferred hotel when visiting the area.

I am certainly sorry to hear about your air conditioning unit not cooling properly and the comfort of your bed and pillows. If you would be so kind as to contact me, I will be more than happy to address these concerns with you as this is not a typical experience that guests have at our hotel.

We have just recently upgraded all of our guestroom pillows. We would be more than happy to provide you with a different type of pillow if you find the current pillows are too firm. Please also feel free to contact us at anytime if anything in your guestroom is not functioning properly. Unfortunately things do happen once in awhile but we keep staff here at all times that are capable of fixing any issue that may arise during your stay.

We certainly hope to see you again in the future. I am confident this was an isolated incident and we look forward to serving you again when you return to the Roanoke Valley.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Very good place to stay with a clean, comfortable and modern room. The staff were very welcoming and helpful with information about local restaurants. This Courtyard is of the new design which we like very much. A nice open feel to the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Roanoke a few times for business and have always been impressed with the facility. It is about 1 mile from the airport, so it's in a great location. It's incredibly easy to get to this location.

The hotel is clean and feels new. The facility is in really good shape, which adds greatly to the comfortable feeling you get staying here. The room was clean from top to bottom. The bed was comfy.

Like most Courtyards, they have a small restaurant on the premises. It offers decent food, but nothing special. I ordered a bottle of water, which I never received. That was a little frustrating.

The front desk was very helpful and friendly. The service was quite good.

I've stayed here a few times and have always been impressed with my stay. I will continue to frequent this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Concord
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

There are not a lot of great places to choose from in Roanoke. This is one of the best, it is clean and near the mall for shopping and dining. The breakfast is available but not included. The hotel is close to the airport as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ROACourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dayee87,

Thank you so much for staying with us and considering us one of the best places to stay in Roanoke! We couldn't agree more with you!

We strive to provide a high level of service to our guests as well as keeping our hotel clean and comfortable.

We look forward to serving you again on your next return trip to the Roanoke Valley! Thank you again for your kind words and for your patronage.

massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We recently spent just one night here on our way home from vacay and for 93 dollars it was a terrific stop...we got a king room with balcony and the room was spotless and I am extremely picky. The staff was friendly and we wish we could always find rooms this clean on the rest of our vacations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear kloMassachusetts,

Thank you so much for staying with us on your way home from vacation.

I am so glad to hear you found our hotel to be spotless! We take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel guestrooms and public space. I have shared your compliments with my housekeeping department and we hope to serve you again in the near future!

Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Roanoke Valley!

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ideal hotel at halfway point for our regular trips from Maryland to Kentucky. Have been staying here past two years when we make this trip and satisfied every time. Easy access from I-81, quick check in and friendly staff, room always clean and comfortable. Sadly they have stopped the complimentary early morning coffee in the lobby - options are fixing coffee in - room which is always lousy no matter what hotel or wait until the lobby food service opens, which is not early enough as we get on the road by 6AM - surely they could work a deal with Starbucks (which has the food service contract) and reinstate the complimentary - and if not, open the food service at 5AM! But coffee or not, we'll continue to stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!