“Nice hotel, overall good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice hotel, overall good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and decor. Room overall clean with a few pink/black mold issues in shower (see pics) we shared w/front desk at checkout. Mattress firmer than I like but so tired it didn't inhibit my rest. Nice sheets n comforter. Room cooled quickly. Great shower pressure and instant hot water. Didn't eat in hotel w/IHOP n Starbucks one mile away.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I would reccommend this property to ANYONE! I consider this location one of the best on the East Coast and that is coming from someone that has been in Hospitality Management for over 15 years. Adam Michael and his staff are AWESOME and make you feel like you are at home! This Property truely cares about it's guest and it's community as well!

Thanks Adam and Staff for everything. ( March 09.2013)

Paul H

Room Tip: Just ask for the best available and you will get just that!! THE BEST!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed 2 nights for a youth volleyball tournament. The front desk was friendly and helpful when we needed directions. The room was clean. The mattress was very comfortable. We didn't spend much time there except to sleep and didn't utilize any of the amenities. The grounds were well maintained and the location was central to both the Roanoke Civic Center and Salem Civic Center as well as other venues to which we needed to travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

First of all I was booked the wrong room and when got there the young lady at the disk just said you booked with some else I can help you then the heat was not working in the room then when i call the disk they did not send anyone up to fix it. then on top of all of that only 10 channels on the TV had sound. On top of that the staff acted like they did not care at all about me or my business or if I would every stay at any of there hotels agains, I am on the road the next two guess where am not stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ROACourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Kivinie J,

Thank you for staying with us this past weekend. I am certainly sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel.

Let me first assure you that this is not a typical experience our guests have at our hotel.
We strive to provide each and every guest with the best service possible and I am sorry we failed at that during your stay.

I offer you my sincerest apology for the confusion with the room type you booked and what room type you were requesting at check in. I certainly believe my Front Desk Agent could have handled the situation differently.

I certainly hope you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves the next time you are in the area. We are one of the highest ranked Courtyards in the Marriott family when it comes to guest service. I assure you that this was an isolated incident and I am confident that you, or any other guest, will never have an experience like this again.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments. I appreciate the feedback.

Adam Michael
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a newer Courtyard with an updated lobby and restaraunt. Very friendly staff that know the area I loved the breakfast. I had the oatmeal that was about the best I ever tasted. The service was great too. Close to the Airport, shopping and a variety of good places to eat. If you're in town for a short visit or just driving along 81 and need a place to stop along the way the Courtyard at the Roanoke Airport is tough to beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The staff at this hotel is very courteous. From the moment I walked in the door I was greeted with a big smile and a genuine welcome, and the friendly, helpful service continued throughout my stay. AS ALWAYS.

I have stayed here several times now when in Roanoke. The first time in the area I stayed at another big-name hotel but was disappointed with the service and condition of the property. The second time I stayed at this Courtyard, and I continue to refuse to stay anywhere else. I look forward to my next trip back. Please keep in mind that this review is in the context of a person traveling alone on business.

First and most important: the rooms. They're of adequate size with comfortable beds and other furniture, the iron works and doesn't drip water all over your clothes, the wake-up calls are on-time, the heater / air conditioner works quick (albeit not too quietly), the rooms are pretty quiet from hallway or neighbor noise, and both the room and bathroom are really, really clean. I like that.

The property itself is clean, the exterior feels safe, and the interior appears modern and well kept up. For amenities, there's a small pool and spa, a back patio (where I saw some fireflies during one of my visits), free morning coffee, a kiosk to get your boarding passes, a bar with some food selections, and they sell Starbucks coffee in the morning along with some quick, cooked breakfast items. I also saw a laundry room and an exercise area, and they have a shuttle service for the airport, as well.

The location works well for me. It's one of the closest hotels to the ROA airport, the freeway on-ramp is nearby, the downtown area is only minutes away on the highway, and it's very close to the mall and good restaurants (try Abuelo's for Mexican food -- they even have some delicious vegetarian options). (Also, if you have some free time while traveling, bring your camera and make your way up the Blue Ridge Parkway to Mabry Mill. It's a good hour and a half or more to get there, but it's a scenic drive. Let the photo of the mill that hangs on the wall just outside the first floor elevators in the Courtyard be your inspiration to make the trip.)

When traveling, it's my opinion that a professional staff, a clean, comfortable room, and a good location are the pre-requisites -- the minimum expectations for a hotel. This Courtyard meets those expectations, but then adds to that with a wonderfully super-friendly staff. While doing work at a table in the lobby area each night, I couldn't help but notice how each guest was greeted with enthusiasm as they entered, and how sincerely happy the reception staff seemed to be to help people with directions, dinner ideas, and many other things. The staff in the bar/bistro, whether morning or evening, was also very courteous and customer-service focused. Any shift, each employee, every point of customer contact I observed was almost always spot-on.

About the only changes I'd make to the hotel would be to add in-room safes, get rid of the coffee makers on the sinks (there's coffee in the lobby), and fix one of the outlets in my room because the one closest to the bed wouldn't keep my phone charger plugged in (the others worked fine). Not much to complain about if those are my change recommendations, right? :)

To sum it up, this hotel is exactly what I look for in a hotel when traveling on business, and as I said before, I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thank goodness a clean, updated hotel exists near the airport. Had a great stay, clean rooms, modern furnishings, and great service. Stayed two nights.

I just wish my room had a microwave and fridge. Mine had the space for a refrigerator, but it was missing in the room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!