“One of Roanoke's nicest deals” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
New Bern, North Carolina
“One of Roanoke's nicest deals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Clean, safe hotel close to everything...mall, downtown, civic center, etc. warm and helpful staff...especially Terri who went out of her way to make our stay extra comfy. I'll be back to stay here on my next Roanoke visit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cumberland RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Courtyard in Roanoke Airport. The hotel was nice and clean and the staff, especially Teri, Beth and Mandi were extremely friendly and helpful. They made us feel so welcome after a long and tiring trip. Just what we needed. Thanks! :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This Marriott was great! It was clean and had no offensive cleaning odors as well as large rooms and queen size beds in the room I stayed. They gladly offered extra towels and were very friendly and helpful. I stopped at the drink and food bar for a late night snack and was pleased to find a menu of fresh light foods to choose from. The price is excellent and it is easy to find! I definitely recommend staying there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ROACourtyardGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Geauxtrvl,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Roanoke Courtyard by Marriott.
I am delighted to hear you found your room clean and comfortable. I am also glad that you enjoyed our Bistro. We try very hard to maintain a high quality of food and service from our Bistro.
I certainly hope to see you on your next return trip to the Roanoke Valley!
Adam Michael
Olive Branch, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here during Hurricane Irene, and the staff handled everyone who was here for that reason so well. Rooms were nice and spacious and the staff was great! Beautiful lobby with a complete business center. Pool room was good, but the pool was a little small. The hot tub there was great though! The courtyard in the rear of the hotel is good to go out and sit with friends anf family to talk! I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Suites facing North have balconies!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I chose this hotel after having a terrible stay at another Roanoke hotel. This was a great choice. I have become a Marriott Rewards member and love their properties because of the great service I receive. They are also great to acknowledge their loyalty members!!! My room was clean and had a lot of space. Most of all, the service by the staff was just awesome. Thanks!

Room Tip: Great choice of a hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

I love Courtyards and this is a nice one, but the front desk needs an attitude adjustment. The first room we were given smelled...badly. I went back to reception and politely asked for a different room. One receptionist was very understanding but the other was very offended. I did get a 2nd room which was fine. One drawback, the a/c cuts on and off at night. Bring a noise maker to even the noise level out if this, and doors to other rooms slamming, bothers you. Like most Courtyards the food is very uninspired. If there are many others options near the hotel I haven't found them. There is a Zaxby's nearby but since the hotel is in the parking lot of a Big Lots, but so is the Sheration, local NBC station, and at least one other hotel. If you know Courtyards, this is in the middle, maybe slightly below the middle.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

It's hard to tell this hotel is about 10 yrs old. I was told at check in that renovations took place 2 or 3 yrs ago. I thought it was a very nice stay. Friendly and easy check in, clean large rooms, big picture window, comfy beds, pictures on the walls, nice big flat screen tv., and warm modern decour. All good!

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Shersei,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Roanoke Courtyard by Marriott! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

We did undergo a complete renovation to our rooms and lobby area over two years ago. We strive to keep our hotel in great condition and I’m glad it shows to our guests.

We certainly hope to see you on your next trip to the Roanoke Valley!

Adam Michael

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!