“Lovely restaurant in downtown Roanoke” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Albany, Western Australia
“Lovely restaurant in downtown Roanoke”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a lovely evening at the Habana Cafe in Roanoke Virginia. The Cuban food was simple but very tasty and well balanced and the service was excellent. Prices were fair. I look forward to going there again next time I am in Roanoke.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“I found authentic Cuban Coffee!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Tried this place for the first time a couple weeks ago and since then I have been there 5 times! Only been for dinner once and had a very good shrimp entree and a Mojito that was second to none. If you go, order the Yucca/Cassava root side dish, this is AMAZING! For lunch I have had the Tuna sandwich with plantain chips. The tuna has little or no mayonnaise with I love and is served with fresh tomato, onion, and lettuce. Went the other day with a friend from Miami and she told me the Cuban coffee is just as good, if not better, than the cuban coffee she gets down there! They also make their own fresh squeezed orange juice. LOVE THIS PLACE! P.S. VERY FRIENDLY AND PERSONABLE STAFF.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Ok food, good mohitos!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great live music some nights. Food is ok, overpriced, stick w the appetizers, fresh squeezed juice & mohitos!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Simply put: average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I can't say that I've had a cuban sandwich in Cuba. However, I have taken a liking to a good cuban sandwich (Best one: 90 miles from Cuba, south of Clyborne and Western, Chicago). This cuban sandwich was sub par. Dry pork. Slightly soggy bread. Cold plaintain chips. Can't say that I would go here for a good lunch. It might get the job done in a pinch or after a night out.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Real Cuban Coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The food was authentic and well prepared. I had the shredded beef sandwich with fried plantains. Perfect. The flan..again perfect...and believe me I've had some bad flan in the past. The setting is just right for people watching. I recommend using the outside cafe area and watch the farmers market across the street. The market is a show in and of itself. And of course, the Cuban Coffee: strong and sweet. The only downside: the service was a bit slow.
Would I go again? I did. And the next time I'm in Roanoke I'll stop by again if for nothing else than to sit outside and sip the coffee.

• Visited April 2013