“Great location! Cold Shower!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Valley Motel

Apple Valley Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roanoke
Apple Valley Motel
5063 Franklin Rd., Roanoke, VA 24014   |
Ranked #27 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia
“Great location! Cold Shower!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I have stayed at the Apple Valley a few times, most recently August 2008. The location is perfect for Blue Ridge Parkway vacationers like me. The room was clean, one of the two beds in the room squeaked badly every time we made even the slightest move. The shower was cold - no hot water in the morning. That was very dissapointing, particularly since I had been staying in campsites the previous days. I was expecting a motel to have a better shower than a campsite, this one did not. The bathrooms badly need major renovation. Bed was comfortable and nice, furnishings are spartan, I was looking for patio furniture, even cheap resin chairs would be have been welcome.

• Liked — Proximity to Blue Ridge Parkway
  • Disliked — Cold Shower
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

11 people have reviewed this hotel

GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

I have stayed at the Apple Valley on numerous occasions and am just now reviewing it because TripAdvisor hadn't had it listed.

If safety and solitude are priorities for you, the Apple Valley is an ideal anchor spot when visiting the Valley. This facility meets basic needs. My room was satisfactorily clean.

No elevator here or available ice machine. I merely needed a place to sleep in between exploring around. I felt safe coming in at late hours.

Good rates are available when there aren't major events going on around the area.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

I was traveling with a cycling group and the motel was the most convenient in Roanoke to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is an old motel run by a very nice Indian family. When we got there, the rooms were musty-smelling, but generally clean. There was no breakfast, but the owners did our laundry for a fee.
There were 3 problems that stand out in my mind:
1. Busy highway had a lot of truck noise all night.
2. Shower head and toilet innards needed replacing bad
3. Police came to the motel that night and spent a long time talking to some people in one of the rooms.
I would recommend this motel only if you want to be able to bicycle to the Blue Ridge Parkway as it is only .25 miles.

Stayed September 2006

Been to Apple Valley Motel? Share your experiences!