“A Real Gem in a Great Downtown Destination” 5 of 5 stars

The Inn on Campbell
118 Campbell Ave. SW, Roanoke, VA 24011   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Richmond, Virginia
“A Real Gem in a Great Downtown Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed with Keith & Cindy several times, I can definitely say that The Inn on Campbell offers the best accommodations in Roanoke. The rooms are well appointed and beyond comfy. The hospitality and taste in food and wine is way above typical " house wines and free hotel breakfast." I've stayed in all the major hotels in Roanoke and the Inn is not just a change of pace, it's a huge upgrade for about the same money when you thrown in a nightly happy hour with food and a full breakfast in the morning. Speaking of Roanoke, it is well on its way to being a destination city with 365 downtown farmers market, lots of great local restaurants and a tremendous outdoor scene. Don't miss a chance to visit!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I absolutely love this place! I spent my birthday weekend here with my boyfriend, and what a treat! The place is stunning, clean, and very warm. Keith and Cindy are amazing! Such kind and welcoming Innkeepers.. Definitely recommend this place to anyone that's coming in from out of town, or even residents of Roanoke that want to get away to a nice relaxing place without having to leave town!

Room Tip: All the rooms are absolutely gorgeous. We stayed at the Betty Branch Suite and it was stunning!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thaxton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We've stayed here at least 4 or 5 times. Most recently New Year's Eve and last night. It's really hard to decide which is better: the suites, the breakfast or the innkeepers. The rooms are immaculate with easily the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. Gourmet candlelit breakfast is how everyone should start their day. Finally, we couldn't say enough about Keith and Cindy. They treat you like gold, make you feel so welcome and you leave with new lifelong friends. Whether you're looking for a family getaway, a romantic retreat or need to be in the area for business; this is the ONLY place that should be on your list.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the suites, but we always love the Kirk Alley Suite. Beautifully...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
anelegantinn, Owner at The Inn on Campbell, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thanks to you both! We love having you here!!!
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had an incredible experience at the "Inn on Campbell". It was a very special experience that was a special surprise. This will be the only place we will stay when we are in the Roanoke/Blacksburg are ever again. Our son goes to VA Tech and my husband as well as I have business in that area every now and then and we will always stay with Keith and Cindy. The Inn is beautiful and their hospitality is fantastic, and the breakfast is beyond the beyond! Keith is a wonderful chef. I urge everyone to experience this special slice on Roanoke.
Thank you Keith and Cindy! Come visit in Staunton!

Room Tip: Great linens!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Clifton Forge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had such an amazing time at "The Inn on Campbell". Keith and Cindy were super, we were there for my husbands birthday and we ended up getting engaged that weekend as well and it was just the best place I have ever stayed. We had the pleasure of getting to see their renovators show at a opening party they had there and the food, the atmosphere and people were great. We will definitely be back and definitely suggest it for people to stay. It's convenient and just superb. Thank you so much for every :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you find yourself within 50 miles of Roanoke, Virginia and need a room this is the place to be. I stayed there on a recent business trip and had a wonderful experience. The suites are stunning - comfortable and spacious. The entire building oozes charm as do proprieters Keith and Cindy. These fabulous hosts will make you feel welcome from the moment you arrive, to the evening wine pouring, to the fabulous breakfast prepared by Keith - arguably the best I've had east of New Orleans. Even though I was the only guest the night of my visit, Keith and Cindy pulled out all the stops. This was clearly among the best B&B experiences I have ever had. Indeed, it's more like staying with old friends then in a commercial establishment. Oh, by the way, did I mention the price is right! I look forward to returning and this time bringing my wife.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

1-13-2014. My boyfriend and I traveled to Roanoke to have a peaceful weekend away from D.C., where we live. We stayed at the Inn on Campbell for two nights, and we were blown away with the service and amenities. The owners, Keith and Cindy, were so welcoming and hospitable; they just want to make sure your stay is memorable and comfortable! The inn was spacious, and very well decorated. We stayed in the Kirk Alley Suite, and I can't write enough on how comfortable the bed was and how the sheets felt like lotion. On top of the living conditions, the breakfast each morning was fantastic and full of flavor. The Inn's location is very close to many restaurants and attractions that Roanoke has to offer. I definitely recommend this Inn, you'll have a great time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Inn on Campbell? Share your experiences!