“What you'd expect from a steakhouse” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rocky Mount, Virginia, United States
“What you'd expect from a steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went to Longhorn for the first time. It was a pleasant trip, nothing terribly exciting. The décor was western themed of course and the place was clean, especially the bathroom. The best way to describe them is another outback clone with subtle differences. The menu was a little on the pricey side but not too bad. Food was prepared well and quite good. Service was excellent. Our wait person was on the ball. Desserts we're good as well. The signature steaks we're a nice twist on the traditional. The only appetizer we got was the 'Tonion which was their version of a blumin onion. It had the typical sauce but I have to admit it was a bit better than the norm. Nowhere near as greasy as the typical deep fried onion. more or less onion petals drizzled with sour cream, quite nice. My son got the half pound burger and I personally wasn't thrilled with it. The meat by itself was very good, but the brioche bun, for me, left a bit to be desired with a slight taste somewhere between sweet and stale. All in all, a nice trip and I can recommend it for a good steak. I'll have to try it again for lunch.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Roanoke, Virginia
“A steakhouse should know how to cook a steak”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ate at Longhorn for the first time recently. Our server was obviously overwhelmed with tables and service was slow. After waiting close to 45 minutes for our food, our steaks we had ordered rare arrived medium well. The manager offered to get us new steaks after making a big show of brining plates to take away the overcooked ones. The second steaks came out overcooked again. By this time the rest of our party had finished eating and was ready to leave. When we cut into the second round of steaks, the manager asked "is that rare enough" while looking at another obviously overcooked steak. When we told him those were also overcooked, he asked us if we would be ok with eating them anyway. I understand that things get mixed up in the kitchen, but the sign of a great restaurant is how the mistakes are fixed and this was handled terribly. We gave up and since we'd now been there for close to two hours and still didn't have correctly cooked steaks. A meal for four was over $100..... for sloppy service and poorly prepared food. I honestly felt ripped off at the end of the meal. Too many great, local places out there with way better food and service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Steak With a Smile”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant brings home that it is the people not the brand that makes any restaurant a success. From the Hostess to our server (Sidnie-if you can do so we highly recommend you request her. She was very pleasant, professional, happy and unflappable) to the Servers that brought our food they went out of their way to be cheerful. And not that phoney front of the house cheer, but a genuine liking of the diner's presence type.

We both had steaks that came out exactly as planned after an appetizer (the Asparagus) that came out hot and perfect, and not rushed. It was the height of Friday night dining and we had a great pace to our meal. Surprising coming from a churn and burn chain. This one gets it.

Treat your patrons nicely, give them their space and time and serve delicious and hot food in a casual atmosphere and they will be back. We will. This is the rare chain site that does it like a locally owned and run place. Thank you.

Visited June 2013
“I could stayed at home and cooked a better steak.And had better serves.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This Restaurant could be good if someone actually cared about the needs if a costumer having a over bearing manager tell me a Medrare steak should have a lil pink and make Me feel unconcerned.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Virginia
“Always Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in Longhorn Steakhouses in various states and each experience has been excellent. Great service, lovely atmosphere and great food. The parmesan crusted chicken is to die for. I know some people who snub Longhorn because it's a chain but I have eaten in many independent places alledgedly famous for their food, but I have never eaten food as good at any of them. I highly recommend Longhorn!

• Visited May 2013