“A Great Chain Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Charleston, South Carolina
“A Great Chain Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We originally booked a room at the next door Best Western. However, when we called to confirm that it as ok to have our dog in the king suite, they moved us to a standard room with two double beds. The Comfort Inn gave us a king "suite" at the same rate that the Best Western wanted for a standard room.
I cannot think of anything to complain about. The room was quiet and well-equipped. The bed was plush, with 5 pillows. The staff was very friendly and responsive. The hotel even has a small guest laundry, which the Best Western does not. There are lots of restaurants and even a shopping mall nearby.
Some other reviewers complained about the quality of the included breakfast. I don't know of any chain hotel, except Embassy Suites, that provides a more extensive selection of breakfast items, including bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, and buscuits and gravy, just to mention the hot food items.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sublimity, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

This was my first trip to Virginia; I traveled from Oregon with my son and spent a week at this hotel with my son and other family. I had a fantastic time in Virginia and very much enjoyed the stay at the hotel. The employees were very friendly and accommodating, the room was very comfortable and clean. I am hoping to take my wife back to the area next year and will definitely stay at this hotel again.
Joe

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I was more than pleased with the service and cleanliness of this hotel. I stay at many hotels during the year for business and it's always comforting to go to Roanoke Va, knowing I've got a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

During my recent trip to Roanoke I stayed at the Roanoke Airport Comfort Inn. I travel about 100 nights a year and commit to a different brand of hotel, however do to certain events I stayed here. Every staff member acknowledged me with a pleasant greeting and with a smile. The staff made it clear that they were there to make my visit as pleasurable as possible. Everything in the hotel was clean and the breakfast was better then I would have expected. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

In the last 12 months, the number of nights that I have stayed at this hotel is approaching 100. I will stay no where else.

When fortunate enough to bring my wife and daughter with me, the staff welcomes them as members of their own family. The professionalism of the people working in this hotel is superb and their warm friendship and smiles welcomes me home after a long day of work or travel.

I have and always will recommend this hotel to all my friends and business associates.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Yadkinville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

hotel is in great location , super nice people , great rooms . two thumbs up

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife, granddaughter and great grand son spent a week here and had a wonderful time. The entire staff, including housekeepers, breakfast providers made our stay most enjoyable. We appreciate the help of Robin for directions, etc. We like the location for
ease to freeways, resturants and shopping. I am associated with the Guesthouse Inns
and Suites in Washington so I am subconsciously rating the different hotels as we
travel and I can wholeheartily reccommend this hotel in all respects.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!