“A Quiet Hotel with Pleasant and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Arlington, Virginia
“A Quiet Hotel with Pleasant and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport for three nights and was pleasantly surprised! I booked the hotel because nothing else was available, when many events were going on in the Roanoke area, but would likely return to this hotel if I needed to stay in Roanoke again.

The airport shuttle was prompt, and the driver friendly and helpful. However, the shuttle must be summoned when you arrive at the airport, either by cell phone or by one of the courtesy phones by the baggage claim.

Because I booked last minute, I was given an accessible room on the first floor. The room was clean and modestly decorated. As mentioned, it was an accessible room with a large bathroom, with an accessible shower without a tub. I can't complain, however, because the room also seemed extra-spacious.

Despite many girls basketball teams staying here for a tournament, the hotel was still calm. I was a bit nervous when the shuttle driver told me about the teams, but it did not affect my stay.

The hotel staff was very courteous and helpful as well. I did not have a car with me, and the front desk happily arranged for taxis during my stay. The front desk staff were also helpful in answering questions about the area.

The pool area was clean, and the pool was surprisingly warm. I was able to take a swim despite the unseasonably cool weather for July. The gym was quite small, however, but was enough for a quick workout. Free wifi was available, and I had no difficulties connecting in my room, the lobby or the breakfast area.

The continental breakfast exceeded my expectations of cereal, pastries and juice. In addition to the normal continental breakfast fare, there were biscuits, sausage gravy, hard boiled and scrambled eggs and a belgian waffle station.

The hotel is at the most a ten minute drive from downtown, and just a couple minutes from the airport. It is in walking distance of a large mall, and many, many restaurants. Although it was somewhat inconvenient because I did not have a car, taxis were reasonably priced and arrived promptly.

• Liked — friendly staff, breakfast
  • Disliked — distance from city center
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2006

My parents stayed at this Comfort Inn when they visited me here in Roanoke. Though the hotel website stated that this facility accpeted dogs, the desk clerk hassled my mother when she tried to check in with her two terriers. The decor was frightening--lots of pink. It's also hard to get in and out of this property, especially if you're trying to get downtown.

• Stayed June 2006
atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2005

We had a one-night stay at this hotel going from atlanta to new york. I found it very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast satisfactory. My only complaint was I found the beds very uncomfortable. But for a one-night stay, that was fine. No other complaints at all!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport

Address: 5070 Valley View Blvd, Roanoke, VA 24012-2038
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
#6 Business Hotel in Roanoke
#6 Family Hotel in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel Roanoke
Roanoke Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.