“This hotel makes the Comfort Inn brand shine” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kingsport, Tennessee
“This hotel makes the Comfort Inn brand shine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I was more than pleased with the service and cleanliness of this hotel. I stay at many hotels during the year for business and it's always comforting to go to Roanoke Va, knowing I've got a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

During my recent trip to Roanoke I stayed at the Roanoke Airport Comfort Inn. I travel about 100 nights a year and commit to a different brand of hotel, however do to certain events I stayed here. Every staff member acknowledged me with a pleasant greeting and with a smile. The staff made it clear that they were there to make my visit as pleasurable as possible. Everything in the hotel was clean and the breakfast was better then I would have expected. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

In the last 12 months, the number of nights that I have stayed at this hotel is approaching 100. I will stay no where else.

When fortunate enough to bring my wife and daughter with me, the staff welcomes them as members of their own family. The professionalism of the people working in this hotel is superb and their warm friendship and smiles welcomes me home after a long day of work or travel.

I have and always will recommend this hotel to all my friends and business associates.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Yadkinville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

hotel is in great location , super nice people , great rooms . two thumbs up

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

My wife, granddaughter and great grand son spent a week here and had a wonderful time. The entire staff, including housekeepers, breakfast providers made our stay most enjoyable. We appreciate the help of Robin for directions, etc. We like the location for
ease to freeways, resturants and shopping. I am associated with the Guesthouse Inns
and Suites in Washington so I am subconsciously rating the different hotels as we
travel and I can wholeheartily reccommend this hotel in all respects.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

Passing through Roanoke for the first time on 3-6-10 and had to find a hotel for the night. I first went to the Marriott properties across the street, but did not want to pay $120 a night. So, tried the Comfort Inn and got a room for $89.99 (AAA). For this area of Roanoke, the price I paid appears to have been a bargin at just under $101 including taxes. I did not have reservations and check in was fairly quick, but the front desk attendant Brenda seemed way to serious, indifferent and in need of a dose of happy. It seemed like I had to sign my life over to her just to get a room. She asked for WAY too much information which seemed a little WAY too intrusive. Her attitude seemed to take a dive south when she asked what kind of car I drove and my response was a Cadillac STS. She then started to call me by my last name and got an attitude with the way I was holding my driver's license (she claimed there was a glare and she couldn't see it.) I thought the whole thing was strange, but later decided she was only doing her job and not to take it the wrong way. As for the room, it was cozy and comfortable. There was a fridge and microwave, a stocked bathroom with many towels, wash clothes, shampoo, soap, etc. The heat/air conditioning system worked well, the beds were fairly comfortable with many pillows and the television was in good working order. As for internet service . . . there wasn't a hook-up in my room. Don't bother with the free continental breakfast. If you prefer toast, then you should be okay. The eggs and sausage wasn't good. The entry/exit to this property is way to awful to naviagate with bumper to bumper Saturday night traffic. The Valley View Mall is across the street which creates a ton of traffic so prepare for delays and crazy drivers. On the other hand, many restaurants are nearby. I'm not sure if I would recommend this property to a friend so I'll respond by saying no. If price is not a worry/option then go to the Marriott Courtyard or Residence Inn across the road on Hershberger Road.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

From the outside, this looks like a great place. I wish they would have spent the money from the exterior renovation in the rooms. My bed was not comfortable at all, the carpet is old and dirty, the towels are old and scratchy, and generally you feel like the room is stuck in 1979. The price we got was incredible, which is why I decided to try this place, but saving money isn't always worth what you give up. I feel sorry for the people who paid twice what I did for the same room.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!