“Way better than reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Ellsworth, Maine
“Way better than reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

After reading many poor reviews I decided to visit. The lobby was clean and Brenda greeted me and was so sweet and made sure I was happy with the rate and the room. The room was very clean, everything worked, we'll set up and even soft and firm pillows. Breakfast (included) was better than most with sausage hash browns, eggs and all the cereals etc. I stayed 2 nights and am very satisfied, as a pilot I stay in many hotels and this was just fine. Thanks again Brenda!

Tim

Room Tip: Negotiate rate after checking travel sites.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Tim,

I would like to thank you for the very informative review. Yes Brenda is a sweet lady. She has been with us for many years and she is the best with guest satisfaction. We appreciate your review with the bedding. We recently changed our pillows to soft and firm. I am certainly glad you noticed that. Our breakfast has more items than most hotels. We realise not everyone has the same taste. This is why we offer a verity of items for you to choose from. Did you try the skillet medley? That is my favorite.

I hope that you can make it our way again. If so please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to help with your reservation.

Have a great day,

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Augusta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Our church Seniors went on a 5 night Diamond Tour to Lancaster, Co. Pennsylvania. We stopped here in Roanoke for our last night on the road. This hotel is near a large mall and it is easy to walk to some of the stores on a sidewalk. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the linens and towels were clean. There were plenty of electrical outlets for charging phones and batteries and all the lights worked. The bathroom was clean. Breakfast was the usual cold cereals, juice, coffee, bagels, sweet rolls, toast and sausage and eggs. There were only two elevators so service could be slow. The pool area was small but clean and very convenient to the breakfast area so it was easy to get coffee and drinks to take outside from there. We saw several restaurants within walking distance of this hotel. I can't say how much it cost to stay here because it was included in the tour. It was fine for one night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
DEAR 87WEATON

We love Buses! Thank you for the very informative review along with the many pictures. It is nice to see our hotel through the eyes of our guests.

Yes we are located close to the mall and lots of restaurants to choose from within walking distance. However, if it is raining, we have a shuttle bus that will take you.

I hope that you will be able to stay with us again. Maybe with your family, so we can show you some of our many attractions in the area.

Email ciafd302@yahoo.com or call 540-527-2020 and I would love to assist you in the reservation process.

Have an awesome day,
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We had been traveling for more than 20 hours and arrived early at the hotel. Our room wasn't ready however the desk clerk Cheri got right on it and within 20 minutes she had it done and we were able to get in early and relax. They were all very accommodating and helpful. The place was very clean and quiet even with a team of softball players there! We will definitely come back on our next road trip.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
DEAR KELLY C

Thank you for the gracious review. I am certainly glad we were able to get you checked in early. It can be a little hectic especially when we were sold out the night before and the house keeping staff has to get the rooms ready in a timely fashion. Our house keepers were more than happy to help me that day in getting you a room so you can get the much needed rest.

I do know firsthand how tiresome it can be driving on the road for more than 5 hours. I could not imagine 20. I am glad you found us.

You are so right. We did have a softball team here. I am happy to hear that they were not a rambunctious crowd.

I do hope that you will make your way back to see us again. If you do, please email ciafd302@yahoo.com or call 540-527-2020. I will be happy to assist you.

Happy Travels,
DeLand, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The front office employee was rude when my wife was asked for extra towels. When I checked out the employee was rude and a smart alec. Why does management put the dregs in front of customers when they arrive or depart?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
616Robert A

My front desk clerk was rude?! You best believe I will find out who it was and make sure that does not happen again. We here at the Comfort Inn Airport have a policy and it is “Never let a guest feel unappreciated.” I do apologies for the rudeness. My question for you is, Was it two different clerks?

Being the Manager of the front desk, I myself do not tolerate rude and unhappy employees. I treat my employees with respect and expect them to treat our guests with the same respect.

I hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we can give you superb guest satisfaction. Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com.

Kind regards,

Hopewell Junction
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Terrific stay! Dog friendly and has a huge field where you can let them burn off some steam. Room was immaculate and quiet. Bed was so comfy!!! Breakfast had lots of choices.... Hot and Cold. The stay was just seamlessly wonderful and the price was reasonable. You bet I'm coming back.

Stayed July 2014
Janice A,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Yes we are Dog friendly, we have certain rooms that are just for doggie families. Did you get the doggie treat from the front desk?

I am happy you enjoyed our Morning Breakfast. We do have lots of choices. This is due to the fact that we know how important breakfast is and we know that not everyone likes the same thing.

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com, I would love to make your next reservation.

Many Thanks,

Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Clean, most staff friendly, and wonderful breakfast. When we checked in our person who checked us in must have had a bad day because she acted like we were interrupting something. But that really didn't bother me cause I was too tired to care. She then watched us like a hawk when we were carrying our luggage in as if we were going to do something illegal. (It was creepy) I smiled at her while we were carrying our luggage in and never once did she smile back just kept staring at us. Who knows? I didn't care too tired. Our room was very clean , breakfast was great the only thing I need to say is the beds were so small. This hotel doesn't have queen beds and when you travel with two teen boys you really need queen beds. It was uncomfortable even for my husband and me. I thought we could handle the full size beds but in the end I think this will be the last time we book a hotel with only full size beds. The next morning the front desk staff changed and this other lady was super friendly! What a great way to send us off! Breakfast staff was super nice too. I never received a receipt because their computer was down but over all had a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Christy Z,

Thank you for the review. I must say, I will definitely find out who the clerk was that checked you in. This is not the norm for us. We strive on guest satisfaction. I am sorry about the full size beds. Maybe next time that you are in the area you could check us out again and stay in one of our Executive Suites. It has a room separate with two full beds and another room with a pull out couch. I believe this suite would have suited you better. I am glad your day started off with a good hot breakfast and a desk clerk with a positive attitude. I am sorry we were having issues with the computers and did not get you your receipt. Would you like for me to email you the receipt?

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be glad to send you the receipt and set your reservation for the Executive Suite.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

y daughter and I stayed here for her Bowling Tournament and found this Hotel very nice. It had an outside swimming pool, mice room and great breakfast. The breakfast really started our day right. It is conveniently located close to the mall and lots of places to eat (within walking distance), will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Maninuniform1976,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate the comment about our breakfast. We have really beefed up the menu. Did you get to try our potato melody? It is my favorite. It has sausage, potatoes, onion, and green peppers. The guests seem to enjoy it as well. Last week I added the Western Omelet. I hope that when you come back you will try it and let me know what you think. My grandmother always told me “The way you get to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, well I used that myth with my guests. The way to get my guests to love us and come again is through the breakfast bar. Thank you for that validation. You have a wonderful day. Hope to see you soon.

The next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to make your reservation.

Thoughtfully,

Asst. GM

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!