“GREAT!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hopewell Junction
“GREAT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Terrific stay! Dog friendly and has a huge field where you can let them burn off some steam. Room was immaculate and quiet. Bed was so comfy!!! Breakfast had lots of choices.... Hot and Cold. The stay was just seamlessly wonderful and the price was reasonable. You bet I'm coming back.

Stayed July 2014
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Janice A,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Yes we are Dog friendly, we have certain rooms that are just for doggie families. Did you get the doggie treat from the front desk?

I am happy you enjoyed our Morning Breakfast. We do have lots of choices. This is due to the fact that we know how important breakfast is and we know that not everyone likes the same thing.

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com, I would love to make your next reservation.

Many Thanks,

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Clean, most staff friendly, and wonderful breakfast. When we checked in our person who checked us in must have had a bad day because she acted like we were interrupting something. But that really didn't bother me cause I was too tired to care. She then watched us like a hawk when we were carrying our luggage in as if we were going to do something illegal. (It was creepy) I smiled at her while we were carrying our luggage in and never once did she smile back just kept staring at us. Who knows? I didn't care too tired. Our room was very clean , breakfast was great the only thing I need to say is the beds were so small. This hotel doesn't have queen beds and when you travel with two teen boys you really need queen beds. It was uncomfortable even for my husband and me. I thought we could handle the full size beds but in the end I think this will be the last time we book a hotel with only full size beds. The next morning the front desk staff changed and this other lady was super friendly! What a great way to send us off! Breakfast staff was super nice too. I never received a receipt because their computer was down but over all had a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Christy Z,

Thank you for the review. I must say, I will definitely find out who the clerk was that checked you in. This is not the norm for us. We strive on guest satisfaction. I am sorry about the full size beds. Maybe next time that you are in the area you could check us out again and stay in one of our Executive Suites. It has a room separate with two full beds and another room with a pull out couch. I believe this suite would have suited you better. I am glad your day started off with a good hot breakfast and a desk clerk with a positive attitude. I am sorry we were having issues with the computers and did not get you your receipt. Would you like for me to email you the receipt?

Please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be glad to send you the receipt and set your reservation for the Executive Suite.

Asst. General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

y daughter and I stayed here for her Bowling Tournament and found this Hotel very nice. It had an outside swimming pool, mice room and great breakfast. The breakfast really started our day right. It is conveniently located close to the mall and lots of places to eat (within walking distance), will be staying there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Maninuniform1976,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate the comment about our breakfast. We have really beefed up the menu. Did you get to try our potato melody? It is my favorite. It has sausage, potatoes, onion, and green peppers. The guests seem to enjoy it as well. Last week I added the Western Omelet. I hope that when you come back you will try it and let me know what you think. My grandmother always told me “The way you get to a man’s heart is through his stomach”, well I used that myth with my guests. The way to get my guests to love us and come again is through the breakfast bar. Thank you for that validation. You have a wonderful day. Hope to see you soon.

The next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to make your reservation.

Thoughtfully,

Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Tonya who was manning the front desk was very helpful and cheerful during our stay. She assisted me gaining access to the weight room as well as providing newspapers. She would always smile and speak when our group passed through the lobby. The best thing she did was remind us that we had only registered for one night when we had planned on staying two. That saved us from being locked out of our rooms after check out time. We really appreciated that. In May we had stayed there two nights and were pleased. There is a possibility we will be in the area in August. If so we will certainly stay there! It is located very close to a large mall with many different stores to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Debra M,

We appreciate your review. Tonya is an awesome employee. Her Guest Satisfaction skills are excellent. She will be thrilled to see your review about her. I will make sure I post this review for her and everyone else to see.

Please call 5405272020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. We would love to make your August reservation.

Comfort Inn
Scranton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Really nice hotel and atmosphere. Right next to the airport and highway, so its easy to access, but you never hear the noise! Employees are friendly, and everything went how it should. They even had little duckies for your bath, and breakfast was very good.

Stayed July 2014
Dear PixieCutPrincess,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. You are right, we are right next to the Airport and a major highway, as well as a large shopping mall. It is amazing that you do not hear any noise. Our owners took that into consideration when they built our hotel and boy did they get it right. I am happy everything was up to your satisfaction.

Yes we do have a little duck for you to take home. Did you take it? We are also happy you enjoyed your morning breakfast. What a way to start your day.

Next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be happy to make you a reservation.

Thanks,

Comfort Inn Airport
Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

In early june, I stayed at the hotel. Riding motorcycle from Canada.
They invited us to park our bikes close from lobby under the roof.
There is a shuttle to many restaurants around the hotel.
People are very kindly.

Room Tip: Ask to person at desk, for the shuttle who bring you shopping or eating very near.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Webdan,

Thanks for the review. I am glad we were able to assist you in the parking of your motorcycle. Yes we do have a shuttle which holds up to 9 passengers. Did you get the chance to take a ride? If not hopefully next time you will. Our shuttle service is from 4 am till 11 pm. We have many guests that come in from the airport, as well as, guests that would rather our shuttle driver drive them so they can relax. We certainly hope to see you again. Please call me 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to set up your reservation and drive you around in our shuttle.

Oh and do you get your complimentary duck? Remind me when you come back to give you a special biker duck just for you!

Thanks,

Comfort Inn
Huntersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Our 4 day stay started off with a 45 minute check in delay that ended with us getting upgraded to a suite because we are platinum points level. Nice benefit. The suite was roomy and reasonably clean. Minor issues were with housekeeping: Dirty tables, no replacement of shampoo and bar soap, bed not made up one day. Keys didn't work two days in a row. All minor but not our usual experience with Choice brand. I do know the place was totally full so lots for the staff to do. Maybe mngmt issue - not workers?
All encounters with staff were very good. Courteous folks Pool and lobby areas were clean, breakfast was outstanding.
All in all a good stay that, with a few improvements could be a very good maybe excellent one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Mr. Hank T,

We appreciate your review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Airport. You are correct we were sold out on the days of your stay. It is a nice touch to be a Choice Privilege Platinum member. I am glad we were able to accommodate you in your upgrade.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room, and the check in processes on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff and the front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Thank you for the comment about the cleanliness of the Pool, Lobby and the courteousness of our staff. Oh and let’s not forget the Breakfast bar. Yes, we have added several more items which have been a big hit with our guests.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Roanoke. Please do not hesitate to call me 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I will be happy to assist you in your reservation.

Kind Regards,

CHERI FORREST
Comfort Inn Airport
5405272020

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!