“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Scranton
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Really nice hotel and atmosphere. Right next to the airport and highway, so its easy to access, but you never hear the noise! Employees are friendly, and everything went how it should. They even had little duckies for your bath, and breakfast was very good.

Stayed July 2014
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear PixieCutPrincess,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. You are right, we are right next to the Airport and a major highway, as well as a large shopping mall. It is amazing that you do not hear any noise. Our owners took that into consideration when they built our hotel and boy did they get it right. I am happy everything was up to your satisfaction.

Yes we do have a little duck for you to take home. Did you take it? We are also happy you enjoyed your morning breakfast. What a way to start your day.

Next time you are in the area, please call 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would be happy to make you a reservation.

Thanks,

Comfort Inn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Québec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

In early june, I stayed at the hotel. Riding motorcycle from Canada.
They invited us to park our bikes close from lobby under the roof.
There is a shuttle to many restaurants around the hotel.
People are very kindly.

Room Tip: Ask to person at desk, for the shuttle who bring you shopping or eating very near.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Webdan,

Thanks for the review. I am glad we were able to assist you in the parking of your motorcycle. Yes we do have a shuttle which holds up to 9 passengers. Did you get the chance to take a ride? If not hopefully next time you will. Our shuttle service is from 4 am till 11 pm. We have many guests that come in from the airport, as well as, guests that would rather our shuttle driver drive them so they can relax. We certainly hope to see you again. Please call me 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to set up your reservation and drive you around in our shuttle.

Oh and do you get your complimentary duck? Remind me when you come back to give you a special biker duck just for you!

Thanks,

Comfort Inn
Huntersville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Our 4 day stay started off with a 45 minute check in delay that ended with us getting upgraded to a suite because we are platinum points level. Nice benefit. The suite was roomy and reasonably clean. Minor issues were with housekeeping: Dirty tables, no replacement of shampoo and bar soap, bed not made up one day. Keys didn't work two days in a row. All minor but not our usual experience with Choice brand. I do know the place was totally full so lots for the staff to do. Maybe mngmt issue - not workers?
All encounters with staff were very good. Courteous folks Pool and lobby areas were clean, breakfast was outstanding.
All in all a good stay that, with a few improvements could be a very good maybe excellent one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Mr. Hank T,

We appreciate your review regarding your recent stay at Comfort Inn Airport. You are correct we were sold out on the days of your stay. It is a nice touch to be a Choice Privilege Platinum member. I am glad we were able to accommodate you in your upgrade.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room, and the check in processes on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our housekeeping staff and the front desk staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Thank you for the comment about the cleanliness of the Pool, Lobby and the courteousness of our staff. Oh and let’s not forget the Breakfast bar. Yes, we have added several more items which have been a big hit with our guests.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Roanoke. Please do not hesitate to call me 540-527-2020 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I will be happy to assist you in your reservation.

Kind Regards,

CHERI FORREST
Comfort Inn Airport
5405272020
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I was traveling on my Harley Davidson from California to Washington, DC and stopped in the Comfort Inn for a night's stay on May 21, 2014. There was a tremendous thunderstorm heading toward Roanoke and the hotel staff recommended I pull my bike under the covered entrance to keep it safe through the storm. This was not allowed at most other hotels across country and, even though there was a courtesy shuttle that pulled through many time that night, I was able to keep my bike and luggage warm and dry! Ms. Cheri Forrest, the Assistant general Manager of the hotel, was the most friendly and accommodating person that I met on my entire journey. She assisted me in everything I needed to get back on the road successfully. I stay in many different hotels throughout the year in many different areas of the country and I recommend if your travels take you near Roanoke, VA, pay these folks a visit because you will not regret it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you Jeff for a more-than-generous review of our hotel. I am certainly glad you found us before the big thunderstorm hit. You are exactly right; most hotels do not allow anyone to park under the canapy for any length of time. We here at the Comfort Inn strive to make our guests stay as Comfortable as possible. I appreciate you recommending us to all the travelers. Word of mouth is always the most successful advertisement.
When you do travel back through, please feel free to call 540-527-3030 or email ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to see you again.

Have a terrific summer!
Severna Park, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel last week during the D-Day Memorial Commemoration. Our check-in went smoothly and we got the room we had requested in advance. Front desk staff were gracious and helpful. Our room was spotless. Housekeeping staff were friendly and accommodating. We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you again for a pleasant experience. Oh, yes, the bed was very comfortable too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Weasel53,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the D-Day Memorial Commemoration. We are glad you enjoyed your visit here in the greater Roanoke Valley. We would like to thank you for taking the time in giving us a review and such a positive one at that.
Our staff is truly committed in being as hospitable as possible. We do love our guests. We hope you will visit us again soon and decide to be one of our regulars.

Next time you are in the area please call, 540-527-2020 or email, ciafd302@yahoo.com, I would love to make your reservation.

Landers, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

we called to see if they had rooms available and would they accept a coupon we had obtained at a truck stop. Brenda was the clerk and said they had a room and yes they would honor the coupon. we were driving a 26 foot Penske rental truck and towing a car on a tow dolly. not knowing the grounds, I pulled into the entrance area and found I was sort of trapped, Brenda was very helpful in having a couple of vehicles moved so I could get turned around out of there and was told where I could park. Brenda was very helpful in every aspect of our check-in.
The hotel and room were wonderful. hotel was quiet and the room comfortable. would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
William A,

Thank you for the review. Brenda is one of our most dedicated clerks. She does go above and beyond when it comes to complete satisfaction for a guest stay. She will be ecstatic to read your review about her.

I am certainly glad you were able to find one of our coupons. They really come in handy, especially during the summer season. I hope you will be able to come back soon and enjoy some of our accommodations here at the hotel, as well as, the exciting attractions in the surrounding area.

In case you have problems finding a coupon please call me 540-527-2020 or email me ciafd302@yahoo.com and I will help locate one.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I checked in on 5/23/14. I was greeted by the manager and treated very politely. However, after my long morning of travel from Chicago and days activities I was extremely tired. I settled down to sleep and during the night began to feel very itchy on my left arm. Feeling suspicious I sat up inthe bed and turned the light on. Pulling back the sheets, there was the culprit. A baby bedbug crawling around. I captured and killed the bug and alerted the front desk after discovering the bug has bit me six times on my left arm. The night clerk apologized and checked me into another room. After the annoying experience and moving to another floor, I settled down. Feeling leary about the new room, I finally fell off to sleep only to be awakened again by new bites now on my right arm much bigger... that was it for me. As soon as possible I was refunded my money and checked into another hotel where I steamed everything including my suitcase.
Here's the kicker after I checked out and was sitting in the lobby I overheard the manager tell housekeeping to clean the room because the guest checked out. He never even alerted them that there was a presence of bedbugs. So the chances of the housekeeping staff transporting the bugs onto their clothing into other rooms and their own homes is very great. Not to mention they probably checked other guests into those rooms instead of closing them off for fumigation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Natalie K

First and for most; let me apologies for the horrible experience you had here at our hotel. We in the hospitality business take this bed bug outbreak very seriously. Just because they are called “bed” bugs does not mean that is the only place you can come in contact with them. They are in many areas of the community included city buses, taxis, airplanes, department stores, theaters, colleges, public housing, and even hospitals. There are many other areas in our daily lives that we could come in contact with these insects and don’t even know it. We all know that it could very well happen so we had implemented very in-depth training with our staff to insure this type of situation does not occur. We do have trained Executive housekeepers that look for any infestations as they are doing their daily inspections. Protocol is that anytime there is a report of bed bug suspicion, we immediately block the room. Then we have a team to go in and treat the room. The room will remain out of order for the appropriate time and then another inspection is done before the room is released for guest use. This was done for both the rooms you occupied.

Asst. General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!