“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Landers, California
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

we called to see if they had rooms available and would they accept a coupon we had obtained at a truck stop. Brenda was the clerk and said they had a room and yes they would honor the coupon. we were driving a 26 foot Penske rental truck and towing a car on a tow dolly. not knowing the grounds, I pulled into the entrance area and found I was sort of trapped, Brenda was very helpful in having a couple of vehicles moved so I could get turned around out of there and was told where I could park. Brenda was very helpful in every aspect of our check-in.
The hotel and room were wonderful. hotel was quiet and the room comfortable. would definitely stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
William A,

Thank you for the review. Brenda is one of our most dedicated clerks. She does go above and beyond when it comes to complete satisfaction for a guest stay. She will be ecstatic to read your review about her.

I am certainly glad you were able to find one of our coupons. They really come in handy, especially during the summer season. I hope you will be able to come back soon and enjoy some of our accommodations here at the hotel, as well as, the exciting attractions in the surrounding area.

In case you have problems finding a coupon please call me 540-527-2020 or email me ciafd302@yahoo.com and I will help locate one.

Asst. General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I checked in on 5/23/14. I was greeted by the manager and treated very politely. However, after my long morning of travel from Chicago and days activities I was extremely tired. I settled down to sleep and during the night began to feel very itchy on my left arm. Feeling suspicious I sat up inthe bed and turned the light on. Pulling back the sheets, there was the culprit. A baby bedbug crawling around. I captured and killed the bug and alerted the front desk after discovering the bug has bit me six times on my left arm. The night clerk apologized and checked me into another room. After the annoying experience and moving to another floor, I settled down. Feeling leary about the new room, I finally fell off to sleep only to be awakened again by new bites now on my right arm much bigger... that was it for me. As soon as possible I was refunded my money and checked into another hotel where I steamed everything including my suitcase.
Here's the kicker after I checked out and was sitting in the lobby I overheard the manager tell housekeeping to clean the room because the guest checked out. He never even alerted them that there was a presence of bedbugs. So the chances of the housekeeping staff transporting the bugs onto their clothing into other rooms and their own homes is very great. Not to mention they probably checked other guests into those rooms instead of closing them off for fumigation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Natalie K

First and for most; let me apologies for the horrible experience you had here at our hotel. We in the hospitality business take this bed bug outbreak very seriously. Just because they are called “bed” bugs does not mean that is the only place you can come in contact with them. They are in many areas of the community included city buses, taxis, airplanes, department stores, theaters, colleges, public housing, and even hospitals. There are many other areas in our daily lives that we could come in contact with these insects and don’t even know it. We all know that it could very well happen so we had implemented very in-depth training with our staff to insure this type of situation does not occur. We do have trained Executive housekeepers that look for any infestations as they are doing their daily inspections. Protocol is that anytime there is a report of bed bug suspicion, we immediately block the room. Then we have a team to go in and treat the room. The room will remain out of order for the appropriate time and then another inspection is done before the room is released for guest use. This was done for both the rooms you occupied.

North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport in Roanoke during a trying time for the family. A family member was in critical condition at Carilion Hospital. Brenda, Tanya, Bobbie, Cheri and all the housekeeping staff we incredibly kind, thoughtful, and compassionate during this tough time. My work takes me all over the world yet I have never met a group as caring and decent as the people at the Comfort Inn. In addition the room was comfortable and clean and the daily breakfast was always served with great efficiency and a friendly smile. You all made a very trying time less difficult and we will always remember you. Thanks, Dave , Kathy & Mary

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Hi Dave and family!

We are so sorry to hear of the circumstances that lead you to stay with us. I am glad you chose to stay here at the Comfort Inn Airport. We do tend to lean towards giving our guests such as yourself a little extra touch to help Comfort you in your time of need. I am certainly glad we were able to accomplish that with you and your family.

Please call me at 540-527-2020 or email me at ciafd302@yahoo.com, when you are back in the area so I can personally book you a reservation, as well as, give you a little advice on some of our local attractions and/or restaurants. Hopefully it will be under different circumstances.

I do hope your family is doing much better. Have a wonderful day.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

After stopping at a Virginia rest area, my husband and I picked up a listing of Virginia hotels and found a listing for Comfort Inn (with a coupon) listing the price available and advertised as "walk in only and subject to availability" in the Roanoke area which is where we had decided to stop over. When I called for directions, the lady answering the phone was extremely rude. Once we arrived at the hotel, my husband went in to ask about availability and again the lady at the front desk was extremely rude and stated she would not honor the coupon although they had two rooms available. We will definitely not return to this Comfort Inn nor any Comfort Inn in the near future. We ended up going next door to Mainstay Suites. Their staff was very courteous and kind AND there was a coupon for this hotel in the guidebook and they were happy to honor same.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Angie W.

Wow, we certainly miss the mark with guest satisfaction. I will have a talk with the desk staff that was on duty when you called. It is very unusual for her to be rude. She is one of our senior staff members and she usually gets the highest reviews. I would like to let you know that we only have a certain amount of rooms that we set aside for our coupon guests. The two rooms that were available were for our Choice Privilege members. I am very happy that our sister hotel The Minstay Suites was able to honor the coupon rate for you. If you are ever in the area again, I would certainly hope that you would consider giving us a chance to show you that we can give you superb customer satisfaction. Please call me direct at 540-527-2020 or email me at ciafd302@yahoo.com. I will honor that coupon rate for you.

Asst. GM
Ripon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was our first time at this hotel. Nice welcome by the reception employees. Room was very nice and clean and breakfast was great. Great value for money. We will definitely stay there again next year on our return to Canada.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Solange H

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to make each guest stay as enjoyable a possible. We certainly hit the mark with you. When you are in the area please give me a call at 540-527-2020 or email me at ciafd302@yahoo.com. I would love to make you a reservation. We hope to see you again soon.

Asst. GM
Floyd, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I made reservations to spend the night in Roanoke before and after my flight and decided to get down the mountain early because of weather. When I got to the front desk to see about early check in, there was no reservation. Turns out I had made at another hotel. Seeing as how this hotel was closer to airport and I was already here, I asked if they had a room and they did. Very accommodating and friendly front desk staff.

The hotel is modern, well appointed and CLEAN...both common areas and room. The bathroom floor was as clean a hotel bathroom floor as I've seen. Bathroom has an articulating mirror with magnification on one side. Nice touch. TV and wi-fi service very good. Bed comfortable. Breakfast is nice...standard hotel fare with addition of hot meat and egg choice. Can't say the scrambled eggs were any good though...They looked like hockey pucks and I wasn't tempted to try. I do wish there had been hot oatmeal vs just the instant packs. That's just me.

FYI: Accepts dogs under 25lbs with a fee. Very convenient to stores and restaurants. Can walk to even.

Bottom line, I made a lucky mistake and am glad I did! I'll be staying here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are also glad you made the lucky mistake. Your comments are very nice and I appreciate you taking the time to share your review.
We strive each day to offer clean and comfortable rooms to our guests along with outstanding customer service. It seems as though all aspects of your stay were pleasant except your constructive comments about breakfast.. I'll speak to the manager about the eggs and see what we can do to improve. There should have been oatmeal on the breakfast bar. I'll check into that also.
If you have any addition comments or suggestions, please share them with me at 540-992-4077 or cia@rbnet.com. We look forward to seeing you again.

Gary Purvis
VP of Operations
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I could tell they recently upgraded a couple of features like the bedding and TV. However the microwave and fridge are old and the bathroom although clean needs renovations. There are newer hotels in the area and more being built. This property needs to step it up if it's going to compete.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
First, let me thank you for your valuable review. It is true, we have upgraded our bedding this year and are constantly upgrading our hotel. We have added more items to our complimentary breakfast, as well as, we have a new shuttle van that can accommodate nine passengers.
We are well known for our friendly southern hospitality. We surely hope that you were able to experience it while you were here. Please call me directly at the hotel 540-527-2020 or email me ciafd302@yahoo.com I would love to hear from you again.
Asst. General Manager

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!