“Everyone pitches in!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Everyone pitches in!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

During my latest stay at my favorite hotel, I noticed one of the managers working the breakfast service by themselves.

Sherry told me that she had to fill in for the regular employees and that she also had to perform her regular management duties after breakfast was over.

The fact that Sherry was pulling double duty didn't surprise me, nor the fact that her attitude about it was outstanding. Sherry is always there to assist customers and other employees.

Sherry is a huge reason I keep coming back to this location.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thanks for your comments.
Cheri is a very dedicated staff member both to the hotel and the guests which she readily serves. She always has a smile on her face and a friendly attitude about everything. I'm glad she is able to make your day brighter and I will make sure to share your comments with her.
Thanks for being a repeat guest and if I can be of any further assistance, please contact me at 540-992-4077 or email cia@rbnet.com

Thanks!
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed in the hotel last week on our return trip from FL to NY. The front desk agent wasn't particularly friendly but wasn't rude. The hotel appears to be have remodeled recently. It smelled like new carpets. The room was clean and a good size. The breakfast was fine but there was no sausage, hash browns etc...like a previous reviewer stated. The front desk clerk that checked us out was nice and wished us a safe trip. All and all a good place to stay after a long drive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear JS,

I am very sorry about the desk clerk. I will have a talk with the front desk staff. I am a little troubled with your comment about the no sausage or hashbrowns. This is not a good thing. We must have sausage on the breakfast bar and if not then we have to have bacon. Was there bacon? The hash browns is an extra commodity however, I will ask our bar attendant what happened on that particular day.

If you do not mind, I hope you can email me at ciafd302@yahoo.com or call me 540-527-2020. My name is Cheri Forrest and I am the Asst. General Manager here at the Comfort Inn Airport. I would like to offer you a little incentive for your recent visit . Maybe on your second visit you will see how we do like to offer our guests superb customer service.

Asst General Manager
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the Big Snow Storm. I checked into this hotel and was greeted by a very nice lady. The room was nice and comfortable. The next morning we had the complimentary breakfast and was shocked at all the items they had, egg, sausage, burritos hashbrowns and more,. When I was finally able to leave the lady who checked me in and the maintenance guy helped shovel me out. The lady's name was Sherry and she was great. I will recommend this hotel to everyone and will always use this hotel.

Room Tip: use bottom floor if you have kids
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello Cari,

Thank you for the very positive review. I am happy that you were able to find us during that big snow we had. It was a duezy with so much snow coming so fast, most everyone was stuck at some point or another. Thank goodness our maintenance man, as well as my self, was here to help our guests get moving again once it did let up.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast bar. We did just add a few extra items. Your review only lets me know that it was a good decision.

We appreciate your comment about recommending us, I alway say: "Word of mouth is the best advertisement."

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel. One of the cleanest ive ever been in. Theres only one problem.. Im currently staying here and its 2:34 am and im sitting awake due to unnessecary noise. Its almost 3 am and there a hallway full of teenagers throwing and kicking soccer balls through the hallways, yelling and slamming doors. I called the front desk at 12:30 am and conplained about the noise and the lady said shed take care of it but they're doibg all of this right infront of her. And shes sitting there doing absolutley nothing about it. You you mean I just paid almost $250 for two nights here that are sleepless. But as far as the cleanliness, furniture, ect. goes its absolutely amazing!

• Stayed February 2014
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Anonamous1,

Thank you for your comment about the cleanliness of our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

I am very sorry for the noisy issue that was going on during your stay with us. Unfortunatley, it was due to a very happy wrestling team that just won the championship for the wrestling compatition that was going on the weekend you were here. Please let me say that this is still no excuss for my desk clerk not going onto the hall and telling them to PLEASE settle down. I did speak to this particular clerk and she did comfirm that they were very rowdy. She did tell me that she had went to the hall way several times. Apparently, they did not want to listen to her.
I hope that this inicident does not deter you from visiting with us again. We hope to have the oppurtunity to give you suberb service.

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My company has an account with this hotel, so I stay here every time I'm in Roanoke for business. Never had a bad experience here. Just about everyone on the staff knows me by name now, and they all treat me with the greatest respect and service a traveler could hope to find! I would like to recognize Cheri and Brenda by name. In my opinion they both go above and beyond what their job description may call for, and always make me feel at home. Don't get me wrong, everyone there does a great job, but I wanted to recognize these two ladies by name.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Branson,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that you are a loyal guest and that you have never had a bad experience here. We love our VIP guests and we take pride in making our guests feel at home.
I have passed along your comments with the staff and we all agree, You are a special guest and we love having you here.
Hopefully, on one of your visits (outside of work) you will be able to find time to explore some the the outdoors and culture events of the region.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

On my recent trip to Roanoke, I stayed at the this hotel. The hotel was clean and the bed comfortable. Cheri Forrest was incredibly helpful. Having breakfast at the hotel was a nice touch. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thanks for your review of your recent stay. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable, your room was clean and comfortable and that Cheri took care of your needs. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I'm in Roanoke quite a lot for business. I know when I stay here I can expect the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The staff makes getting checked in an enjoyable experience, from Cheri, Tonya, Brenda, and Vicki having breakfast ready in the morning. They are all so friendly and I don't mean to leave anyone out, they all do a great job. It is in a great area, next to many restaurants and a mall with WalMart next to it. There is NOT one bad thing I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for being a return guest to our hotel. We love to see friendly and familiar faces. I am pleased the staff takes great care of you during your visits and I will pass along your compliments to Brenda, Cheri, Tonya, and Vicki.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!