“Really good for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“Really good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel. One of the cleanest ive ever been in. Theres only one problem.. Im currently staying here and its 2:34 am and im sitting awake due to unnessecary noise. Its almost 3 am and there a hallway full of teenagers throwing and kicking soccer balls through the hallways, yelling and slamming doors. I called the front desk at 12:30 am and conplained about the noise and the lady said shed take care of it but they're doibg all of this right infront of her. And shes sitting there doing absolutley nothing about it. You you mean I just paid almost $250 for two nights here that are sleepless. But as far as the cleanliness, furniture, ect. goes its absolutely amazing!

• Stayed February 2014
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Anonamous1,

Thank you for your comment about the cleanliness of our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

I am very sorry for the noisy issue that was going on during your stay with us. Unfortunatley, it was due to a very happy wrestling team that just won the championship for the wrestling compatition that was going on the weekend you were here. Please let me say that this is still no excuss for my desk clerk not going onto the hall and telling them to PLEASE settle down. I did speak to this particular clerk and she did comfirm that they were very rowdy. She did tell me that she had went to the hall way several times. Apparently, they did not want to listen to her.
I hope that this inicident does not deter you from visiting with us again. We hope to have the oppurtunity to give you suberb service.

Cheri Forrest
Asst. General Manager
Comfort Inn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My company has an account with this hotel, so I stay here every time I'm in Roanoke for business. Never had a bad experience here. Just about everyone on the staff knows me by name now, and they all treat me with the greatest respect and service a traveler could hope to find! I would like to recognize Cheri and Brenda by name. In my opinion they both go above and beyond what their job description may call for, and always make me feel at home. Don't get me wrong, everyone there does a great job, but I wanted to recognize these two ladies by name.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Hello Branson,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased that you are a loyal guest and that you have never had a bad experience here. We love our VIP guests and we take pride in making our guests feel at home.
I have passed along your comments with the staff and we all agree, You are a special guest and we love having you here.
Hopefully, on one of your visits (outside of work) you will be able to find time to explore some the the outdoors and culture events of the region.

Cheri Forrest
Asst. General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

On my recent trip to Roanoke, I stayed at the this hotel. The hotel was clean and the bed comfortable. Cheri Forrest was incredibly helpful. Having breakfast at the hotel was a nice touch. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thanks for your review of your recent stay. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable, your room was clean and comfortable and that Cheri took care of your needs. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I'm in Roanoke quite a lot for business. I know when I stay here I can expect the best. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The staff makes getting checked in an enjoyable experience, from Cheri, Tonya, Brenda, and Vicki having breakfast ready in the morning. They are all so friendly and I don't mean to leave anyone out, they all do a great job. It is in a great area, next to many restaurants and a mall with WalMart next to it. There is NOT one bad thing I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for being a return guest to our hotel. We love to see friendly and familiar faces. I am pleased the staff takes great care of you during your visits and I will pass along your compliments to Brenda, Cheri, Tonya, and Vicki.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Stuarts Draft, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Love how personable the staff is here, and so very helpful.. stay here every time in the area... Love Vickie in the breakfast area... and she is so helpful. Checking in with Cheri Forrest also great and helpful in setting us up with Choice Privileges.... Love them all.... Rooms always clean along with common area's.. Show's the employee's love working here... Will be back.. A Big thank you keep up the great work..
Mary & Bob Mc

Room Tip: Have stayed here before and would stay in any room...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for visiting the Roanoke area and for staying with us at the Comfort Inn. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and the staff took great care of your needs. We work very hard to make everyone feel at home.
We all look forward to seeing you again should you return to our neck of the woods.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have written a review for this hotel before, but I have to give credit where credit is due.
Sherry Forrest and her staff are the best in the business. Whether it's making a fresh pot of coffee at 9:00 at night or offering to move my luggage for me to my "normal" room when it became available, no detail goes unnoticed.
Sherry is always there to make sure that I get checked in and that everything is perfect for my stay. I have heard her giving the same service to people who will probably only stay in Roanoke one time.
If you are ever in Roanoke stop in and let Sherry and her staff make you feel at home.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thanks so much for being a repeat guest and for writing another review of your stay.
Cheri is an asset to the hotel and truly enjoys each and every guests that visits us. I will pass along your kind words to her and we look forward to your visits in the future.
Happy Holidays!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

True to their word, this property is being updated. My bed was more comfortable and the bedspread was new. The room was clean and much better maintained than on my last visit. I don't know if they replaced furniture or just had it cleaned, but I was very impressed with the work that I've seen done since June. One thing hasn't changed: Cherie Forrest and the rest of the staff are the epitome of customer service and southwest VA friendliness. The breakfast area is clean and well stocked and and the staff friendly and helpful. Now, I look forward to returning to this hotel on my next trip to Roanoke. Well done Comfort Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. I am pleased you have experienced the changes we are working on at the hotel. It is good to know our efforts aren't going unnoticed.

I will pass along your kind words to the staff and in particular to Cheri. She is great with our guests and we are quite fortunate to have her on our staff.

We hope you will visit us again soon.

Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!