“COMFORT INN EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Walton, KY
“COMFORT INN EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My Brother was in Roanoke Memorial Hospital, ICU. I spent two nights at Comfort Inn Airport.
The whole experience was excellent, from check in to departure. I travel quite a bit and have never been in a hotel that was more friendly and accommodating as this one. One night we came back from the hospital and my wife said, "All we need now is some fresh homemade cookies. One of the ladies at the desk went and got us two bags of cookies. The room was very clean and the service was excellent. Thank you and we are pleased to highly recommend your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your online review of the Comfortinn Airport. I am very glad you chose us in your time of need. I am excited that you receive an excellent experience with us. I will definitely pass along your wonderful comments to our staff. We take pride in accommodating our guests. I am happy we achieved that goal with you. We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Thoughtfully,

Asst. General Mananger
Ciafd302@yahoo.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Customer service was awesome, wish i could, get this kind of service everywhere. Will definitely stay here again if in the area. Cheri was very polite and helpful. Thanks good everything. Very nice room, good food.

• Stayed November 2013
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful and positive review about our hotel.
We here at the Comfortinn Airport strive to make our guest stay the best. I try to lead by example. Your review has just shown me that all the training we receive is working. I certainly hope that you will be able to make it back to our area. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

5405272020
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

the hotel was clean and quiet, the maid service was not the best but the person running the breakfast buffet in the morning was a gem she was happy , friendly and couldn't do enough for you great three night stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your honest review.
I am sorry for the maid service, I will talk to the Head Housekeeper and let her know your response.
I will also let our Breakfast bar attendant know about the wonderful comment you made about her. We strive to do our best to please our guests. Your review just proved that we hit the mark.
Have a wonderful day,

Comfortinn Airport
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just spoke with a very rude and unbending representative AT the actual hotel. When I explained that I was using a walk in hotel coupon as a getaway surprise trip for my friends birthday I was told (in a very nonchalant manner) that I would have to wait until 3:00 to check in and there might not be any rooms available. I asked if there was any way to check in earlier she said, "No ... I can't check you into a dirty room." Of course, I wasn't asking to be checked into a dirty room - I just wanted to be able to pay for a room before 3:00 due to birthday plans. When I explained that I was going on tripadvisor to report the rude customer service I'd received it didn't seem to bother her one bit. She simply said, "Alright, have a great day." (Please note sarcasm in her very "I don't give a crap about you lady," voice). Anyway ... do what you will, but just wanted to keep my word to the customer service rep. who obviously couldn't care less about customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I am very sorry for the poor hospitality that you received from our hotel staff. I just want you to know that I will talk to the clerk. I was shocked when I seen your review. This is something that is not the norm for this particular clerk. She is normally the best at customer relations. As for the majority of our reviews, which are about her, she is always on point. I promise this sort of issue will not happen again.
We at the Comfortinn Airport aim to please. Please email me personally, so that I can give you a further update.

Have a wonderful day,

Farwell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it has a great location with easy access to highways and many choices of restaurants very near. We stayed two nights. The clerk the we checked in with bubbled with personality and southern charm. She is a jewel. We were upgraded to a suite which of course please us. We awoke the first morning to find tiny ants crawling all over the night stand. It can happen so we mentioned it to the gentleman at the front desk. We also mentioned that the tv was not working correctly. He seemed unconcerned and bemoaned the fact that there was no maintenance staff on the weekend. Really? What if a toilet broke? No response. He did say he could get something done about the ants. Che left for that day and came back in the evening. The room looked clean and smelled fresh. Problem solved? No way. Awoke this morning with ants crawling all over the white comforter. Can not get out of here soon enough. Not interested in sharing my bed with ants of any kind!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am truly sorry for your recent stay. I completly understand why you would not want to share your bed with ants I am very troubled with how the gentleman at the desk told you we don't have maintenance on the weekends. We have maintence men on call 24/7.

If you don't mind, could you email me so that I can gather a little bot more information so that I can make sure this does not happen again.

I would like to extend my apologies by offering you a special rate which will allow you to stay with us again so we can give you superior service.

Cheri Forrest, Asst GM (ciafd302@yahoo.com)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Home away from home!
I travel every week and always look forward to staying here. Cheri Forrester and her staff always treat me like I was at a 4 star resort! If you are looking for a "Super clean" place to stay, look no further.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We strive to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. Its is a great feeling that we have achieved that with you. We do care about our guests and we do have guests that are "regulars", like your self, that we will go that extra mile to ensure we meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you again.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very Friendly Staff. Easy Check In Process. They gave a list with restaurants that provided discounts to hotel guests including several on the property of the nearby mall. Good breakfast hot breakfast options.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris,
Thank you for your review. Our list of local restaurants is an idea that our Director of Sales came up with, I agree with you It does help out of town guest know where they can go. I am glad our staff was able to check you in easily. We strive to make our guests stay here at the Comfortinn as enjoyable as possible. We hope you can make it out our way again.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!