“people were friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“people were friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

the hotel was clean and quiet, the maid service was not the best but the person running the breakfast buffet in the morning was a gem she was happy , friendly and couldn't do enough for you great three night stay

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your honest review.
I am sorry for the maid service, I will talk to the Head Housekeeper and let her know your response.
I will also let our Breakfast bar attendant know about the wonderful comment you made about her. We strive to do our best to please our guests. Your review just proved that we hit the mark.
Have a wonderful day,

Cheri Forrest
Asst. GM
Comfortinn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just spoke with a very rude and unbending representative AT the actual hotel. When I explained that I was using a walk in hotel coupon as a getaway surprise trip for my friends birthday I was told (in a very nonchalant manner) that I would have to wait until 3:00 to check in and there might not be any rooms available. I asked if there was any way to check in earlier she said, "No ... I can't check you into a dirty room." Of course, I wasn't asking to be checked into a dirty room - I just wanted to be able to pay for a room before 3:00 due to birthday plans. When I explained that I was going on tripadvisor to report the rude customer service I'd received it didn't seem to bother her one bit. She simply said, "Alright, have a great day." (Please note sarcasm in her very "I don't give a crap about you lady," voice). Anyway ... do what you will, but just wanted to keep my word to the customer service rep. who obviously couldn't care less about customers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
I am very sorry for the poor hospitality that you received from our hotel staff. I just want you to know that I will talk to the clerk. I was shocked when I seen your review. This is something that is not the norm for this particular clerk. She is normally the best at customer relations. As for the majority of our reviews, which are about her, she is always on point. I promise this sort of issue will not happen again.
We at the Comfortinn Airport aim to please. Please email me personally, so that I can give you a further update.

Have a wonderful day,

Cheri Forrest
Asst. GM
Farwell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it has a great location with easy access to highways and many choices of restaurants very near. We stayed two nights. The clerk the we checked in with bubbled with personality and southern charm. She is a jewel. We were upgraded to a suite which of course please us. We awoke the first morning to find tiny ants crawling all over the night stand. It can happen so we mentioned it to the gentleman at the front desk. We also mentioned that the tv was not working correctly. He seemed unconcerned and bemoaned the fact that there was no maintenance staff on the weekend. Really? What if a toilet broke? No response. He did say he could get something done about the ants. Che left for that day and came back in the evening. The room looked clean and smelled fresh. Problem solved? No way. Awoke this morning with ants crawling all over the white comforter. Can not get out of here soon enough. Not interested in sharing my bed with ants of any kind!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
I am truly sorry for your recent stay. I completly understand why you would not want to share your bed with ants I am very troubled with how the gentleman at the desk told you we don't have maintenance on the weekends. We have maintence men on call 24/7.

If you don't mind, could you email me so that I can gather a little bot more information so that I can make sure this does not happen again.

I would like to extend my apologies by offering you a special rate which will allow you to stay with us again so we can give you superior service.

Cheri Forrest, Asst GM (ciafd302@yahoo.com)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Home away from home!
I travel every week and always look forward to staying here. Cheri Forrester and her staff always treat me like I was at a 4 star resort! If you are looking for a "Super clean" place to stay, look no further.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Jim,
Thank you for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We strive to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. Its is a great feeling that we have achieved that with you. We do care about our guests and we do have guests that are "regulars", like your self, that we will go that extra mile to ensure we meet your needs. We look forward to seeing you again.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very Friendly Staff. Easy Check In Process. They gave a list with restaurants that provided discounts to hotel guests including several on the property of the nearby mall. Good breakfast hot breakfast options.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chris,
Thank you for your review. Our list of local restaurants is an idea that our Director of Sales came up with, I agree with you It does help out of town guest know where they can go. I am glad our staff was able to check you in easily. We strive to make our guests stay here at the Comfortinn as enjoyable as possible. We hope you can make it out our way again.
washington nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very good hotel over all.
Good hot and cold breakfast. Sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, bagles, cereal, fruit, juice, coffee, tea etc.
Clean room, comfortable bed,nice bathroom.
Excellent service.Main pro is location.Near Roanoke airport .
Right next to a large mall of chain stores,restaurants and gas station.
Overall would recommend this hotel and would book again if I would return to Roanoke/Salem Va. area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful review. We strive to make our guests stay as enjoyable as possible. We have a large variety of items on the breakfast bar so that we can make sure we have something for everyone.
Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and family.
Have a great day.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The front desk clerk, Brenda was very nice and informative. She checked us in without incident. She suggested some places to eat around the hotel and informed us about the complimentary breakfast in the morning. Our room was nice and clean and welcoming. I would stay here again and recommended the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for such a great review. I will pass along your comments to Brenda. We are so fortunate to have her.
I will also let our housekeeping staff know how you complimented the room.
We do have some really nice restaurants nearby, and we strive to have a great breakfast for our guests to enjoy as one of the last things they have as a lasting impression.
Thank you for telling your friends and family about us, I firmly believe that word of mouth is the best way to generate more business.
Hopefully, i will get to meet you the next time you are in the area. Have a wonderful day.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!