“Outstanding experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Odessa, Florida, United States
“Outstanding experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

As a retired airline pilot, I've probably spent almost half of my working life in hotels all over the U. S. and the rest of the world as well. Not in the ultra expensive 5 star hotels, (the company wouldn't pay for that, nor could I afford those prices on vacation either). But a recent stay at the Comfort Inn at Roanoke Airport was one of the most delightful experiences I've ever had. While just a one night stay to visit our grand daughter on her 4th birthday, the very friendly hotel staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed for our stay and her birthday party. Specials kudos to Brenda for all her help!
The rooms were perfect, both bath and bed rooms spacious and very clean. And not one, but three easy chairs. The complimentary breakfast was also varied and very good, and the coffee delicious. (and available all day long)!
I'll be back!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheriforrest, Manager at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, I am so glad that we were able to help you with such a special day as your grand-daughters birthday.

I will pass along your comments to our head house keeper on the cleanliness of your room, as well as the breakfast bar attendant for making sure your morning breakfast and coffee was great.

Brenda is a team player and she always makes sure each guest feels special.

I look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Cheri Forrest
Assist. GM
Comfortinn Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 9 pm. Desk clerk very nice. The control that regulates the air temp doesn't work nor the wall control. Didn't call the desk because all had bathed & ready for bed. Room is a little cool.
Bath towels old & stained; very thin. Deep cleaning in bathroom needed. Room interior very dated. Bed ok. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
I do apologies for your recent stay. We totally missed the mark. I have talked to our maintenance team about the A/C unit and the fixed the control panel. I also talked to the Head housekeeper about the cleanliness of the bathroom as well as the towels.

I hope that you will consider giving us one more try, call me directly at the hotel and I can work out something for you to help accommodate your stay.

Cheri Forrest
Assist GM
Comfort Inn Airport
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel is always my pit-stop from PA to SC at least 2-4 times a year. The rooms are very clean, the service is great, and I love the breakfast. The location is wonderful. I will continue coming here in future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thanks so much for making us your stop as you travel from SC to PA. I am pleased we are your choice of hotels in the Roanoke Valley. I will pass along your comments to the staff and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future.
South Waterford, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were in a pickle and our daughter needed to lay down. With 2 rooms booked by mistake, Brenda took charge and saved the day! The room and grounds were clean and well maintained. Best of all, we experienced Southern hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. Brenda is an amazing lady with great southern hospitality. I am pleased she was able to correct the reservation issue and get you settled in quickly.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent place to stay near airport as it's close to a huge shopping mall and several excellent restaurants all within walking distance of hotel. Staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a free shuttle from the airport. Breakfast buffet begins at 6am and goes until 10 and includes eggs and bacon as well as cereals and all the usual a la carte items. Rooms seem to be nearly brand new and all the appliances worked well. Absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Excellent. There was even a rubber ducky on the edge of the tub! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We are located within the Valley View Mall shopping complex, which is southwest Virginia's largest shopping area. There are many restaurants nearby as well as a movie theater. We offer a complimentary shuttle service to all of those areas for our hotel guests.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Beckley, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

CONS....Ants in the room,
only half light bulbs worked,
one room key would not open door,
Breakfast...can only say terrible (orange juice machine did not work, cappuccino machine did not work, sausage looked like not done, didn't even attempt the "egg" squares or gravy)
Available plug ins were non-existent...had to unplug one of few working lights to plug my phone charger in.
Snack machine took money..did not work
VERY NOISY
ROOM HAD A FUNKY ODOR....
Check in desk gave wrong sign in info for wifi...had to go back and request help...admitted giving wrong passcode
PROS... conveniently located
Price fair
Bed comfortable..appeared clean

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room before booking to see if there are any issues such as I posted in my review.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Teresa,
I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties you had at the Comfort Inn Airport. As you can see from our other reviews, this is not the norm. I hope you spoke with someone at the property level during your stay and some of this issues were resolved while you were still with us. If I can be of any assistance in resolving this matter, please feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com.
I can assure you this is not the experience we want any of our guests to have. I will contact the hotel and personally review the room you occupied to assure these items are taken care of immediately.
I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you our true hospitality.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Superior service, clean and comfortable accommodations, and excellent value.
Brenda, the desk clerk, is tops. Brenda always greets me with a warm and friendly welcome back! Brenda actually ensures a great stay by her care and concern for every deal of my stay. Whenever I am in Roanoke, VA I always stay at Comfort Inn Airport. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Highest floor offers most privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I will make sure Brenda sees your kind words and let her know that her warm personality has won you over to the Comfort Inn. We look forward to your future stays.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!