“Amazing customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
South Waterford, Maine, United States
“Amazing customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were in a pickle and our daughter needed to lay down. With 2 rooms booked by mistake, Brenda took charge and saved the day! The room and grounds were clean and well maintained. Best of all, we experienced Southern hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. Brenda is an amazing lady with great southern hospitality. I am pleased she was able to correct the reservation issue and get you settled in quickly.
I hope you will visit us again soon.

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Excellent place to stay near airport as it's close to a huge shopping mall and several excellent restaurants all within walking distance of hotel. Staff were very helpful and friendly. There's a free shuttle from the airport. Breakfast buffet begins at 6am and goes until 10 and includes eggs and bacon as well as cereals and all the usual a la carte items. Rooms seem to be nearly brand new and all the appliances worked well. Absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Excellent. There was even a rubber ducky on the edge of the tub! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your review. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable. We are located within the Valley View Mall shopping complex, which is southwest Virginia's largest shopping area. There are many restaurants nearby as well as a movie theater. We offer a complimentary shuttle service to all of those areas for our hotel guests.
I hope you will visit us again soon.
Beckley, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

CONS....Ants in the room,
only half light bulbs worked,
one room key would not open door,
Breakfast...can only say terrible (orange juice machine did not work, cappuccino machine did not work, sausage looked like not done, didn't even attempt the "egg" squares or gravy)
Available plug ins were non-existent...had to unplug one of few working lights to plug my phone charger in.
Snack machine took money..did not work
VERY NOISY
ROOM HAD A FUNKY ODOR....
Check in desk gave wrong sign in info for wifi...had to go back and request help...admitted giving wrong passcode
PROS... conveniently located
Price fair
Bed comfortable..appeared clean

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room before booking to see if there are any issues such as I posted in my review.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Teresa,
I'm so sorry to hear of the difficulties you had at the Comfort Inn Airport. As you can see from our other reviews, this is not the norm. I hope you spoke with someone at the property level during your stay and some of this issues were resolved while you were still with us. If I can be of any assistance in resolving this matter, please feel free to contact me at cia@rbnet.com.
I can assure you this is not the experience we want any of our guests to have. I will contact the hotel and personally review the room you occupied to assure these items are taken care of immediately.
I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to show you our true hospitality.
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Superior service, clean and comfortable accommodations, and excellent value.
Brenda, the desk clerk, is tops. Brenda always greets me with a warm and friendly welcome back! Brenda actually ensures a great stay by her care and concern for every deal of my stay. Whenever I am in Roanoke, VA I always stay at Comfort Inn Airport. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Highest floor offers most privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I will make sure Brenda sees your kind words and let her know that her warm personality has won you over to the Comfort Inn. We look forward to your future stays.
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was a guest of this Comfort Inn for a month. The staff was friendly and accommodations were good. However what most impressed me was the desk attendant Brenda who learned my name and greeted me each day by name. She ask about my day and often ask if the room and service were to my liking.

Being away for home for such a long stay it was nice to find to be remembered and greeted in such a friendly manner.

I would recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brenda is an amazing lady. She has the ability to remember her guest's names and always greets them as they return to the hotel. She truly treats everyone as though they are a guest in her own home. We love Brenda and are proud to have her as a part of our family.
Thanks for your comments and I am pleased we made your month long stay an enjoyable visit to Roanoke and the Comfort Inn Airport.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had booked a room at a hotel next door when we tried to check in they had booked the wrong day for us and had no rooms left. Being very upset we came to the Comfort Inn. What a great choice. This place was very pleasant and clean. The clerk Brenda went the extra mile to help us when we told her about our experience next door. The room she gave us was comfortable and had all we needed.The breakfast area was very clean and had a good variety of breakfast items. We will certainly stay here again. Thank you Brenda for all your kindness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda to the rescue!!! I am pleased Brenda was able to make your visit to Roanoke an enjoyable one after the mix up with your reservation next door. Luckily for us, you decided to stay at the Comfort Inn Airport. Hopefully you have found a new home when visiting the Roanoke Valley.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon arrival, everyone was so nice and friendly. the hotel itself,,,,well kept, room was excellent, breakfast bar very good. convienance to placesm good. Cheri Forrest checked us in and out, very nice lady, all staff was really nice and friendly. We will be there again next time we head to Roanoke to visit family. dont quite get the rating thing here, but if its 10,,,then its all a 10,,,excellent ,,,,,Jess Dawson

Room Tip: there all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Jess,
Thanks for staying with us. I am pleased your visit was enjoyable and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I will pass along your comments to Cheri.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!