“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Alexandria, Virginia
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Superior service, clean and comfortable accommodations, and excellent value.
Brenda, the desk clerk, is tops. Brenda always greets me with a warm and friendly welcome back! Brenda actually ensures a great stay by her care and concern for every deal of my stay. Whenever I am in Roanoke, VA I always stay at Comfort Inn Airport. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Highest floor offers most privacy.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. I will make sure Brenda sees your kind words and let her know that her warm personality has won you over to the Comfort Inn. We look forward to your future stays.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was a guest of this Comfort Inn for a month. The staff was friendly and accommodations were good. However what most impressed me was the desk attendant Brenda who learned my name and greeted me each day by name. She ask about my day and often ask if the room and service were to my liking.

Being away for home for such a long stay it was nice to find to be remembered and greeted in such a friendly manner.

I would recommend this Comfort Inn to anyone visiting the Roanoke area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brenda is an amazing lady. She has the ability to remember her guest's names and always greets them as they return to the hotel. She truly treats everyone as though they are a guest in her own home. We love Brenda and are proud to have her as a part of our family.
Thanks for your comments and I am pleased we made your month long stay an enjoyable visit to Roanoke and the Comfort Inn Airport.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had booked a room at a hotel next door when we tried to check in they had booked the wrong day for us and had no rooms left. Being very upset we came to the Comfort Inn. What a great choice. This place was very pleasant and clean. The clerk Brenda went the extra mile to help us when we told her about our experience next door. The room she gave us was comfortable and had all we needed.The breakfast area was very clean and had a good variety of breakfast items. We will certainly stay here again. Thank you Brenda for all your kindness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brenda to the rescue!!! I am pleased Brenda was able to make your visit to Roanoke an enjoyable one after the mix up with your reservation next door. Luckily for us, you decided to stay at the Comfort Inn Airport. Hopefully you have found a new home when visiting the Roanoke Valley.
We look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon arrival, everyone was so nice and friendly. the hotel itself,,,,well kept, room was excellent, breakfast bar very good. convienance to placesm good. Cheri Forrest checked us in and out, very nice lady, all staff was really nice and friendly. We will be there again next time we head to Roanoke to visit family. dont quite get the rating thing here, but if its 10,,,then its all a 10,,,excellent ,,,,,Jess Dawson

Room Tip: there all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Jess,
Thanks for staying with us. I am pleased your visit was enjoyable and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I will pass along your comments to Cheri.
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I checked in around 10 pm. After setting down my bag and turning to make coffee for the morning, I noticed the coffee service and the dresser it was on was covered with little ants. I went back to the front desk and they apologized and changed my room. The coffee service hadn't been cleaned from the previous stay. The grounds were still in the filter basket and there was no "regular" coffee, only decaf. I cleaned it and prepared coffee for the morning. Coming back to my room the next afternoon, the coffee service again had not been cleaned. The pot hadn't even been rinsed, but the coffee had been replenished. It did not appear that the room had been vacuumed either. The bedspreads were stained to the point that I wasn't sure they had ever seen a washing machine. I travel the state and this is the first trip I've ever had to give less than 4 stars. I'm sending an email to the person who reserves our rooms to request I never stay here again. On the plus side, they have a very nice breakfast. On the downside, they served exactly the same items the two days I was there. I'm happy others have had a pleasant stay here, but that was not my experience. The General Manager said they "would do better next time". The only way there will be a next time, is if I don't have an option as to where I stay.

Room Tip: Sorry, didn't have one I could recommend.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! I am so sorry we did not live up to our reputation of having a clean and comfortable room for you. It sounds like we really missed the mark. I certainly expect better out of the staff as we pride ourselves in cleanliness and offering a comfortable night's rest.
I will investigate the problems you experienced to remedy this right away.
I do hope you will allow us to serve you in the future. I can assure you this is not the type of business we operate for our guests. Please feel free to email me directly to discuss your negative experience so I can offer you a return visit.
Please email me at cia@rbnet.com
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this location. While running from hurricane Irene and recently as a stop on our way to my parents. Both times our children were in heaven and our dog. We are very clean and so our standards are high. Happy to say it is clean and quiet and the location is perfect for dining and shopping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa,
Thanks for being a returning guest. We so much enjoy having you. I'm glad your visit this time was under better weather circumstances.
Please visit us again soon and enjoy the shopping and many restaurants in the Valley View Mall complex.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Thank you to cheri for her kindness in helping us out of our dilemma. We were greeted by Tonya who was very pleasant and helpful. Both ladies were kind and provided us with local information when asked. Room was clean and presentable with microwave and fridge. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you to Brenda also who was courteous when we checked out in the morning - great staff and pleasant stay thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for being our guests! We enjoyed having you stay with us.
I will pass along your kind words to Cheri, Tonya, and Brenda. All three of those ladies are amazing members of our "family" and they strive to make each guest feel as though they are staying with friends or family.
We all look forward to a return visit should you travel to the Roanoke area again.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!