“staff and hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Kissimmee, Florida
“staff and hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon arrival, everyone was so nice and friendly. the hotel itself,,,,well kept, room was excellent, breakfast bar very good. convienance to placesm good. Cheri Forrest checked us in and out, very nice lady, all staff was really nice and friendly. We will be there again next time we head to Roanoke to visit family. dont quite get the rating thing here, but if its 10,,,then its all a 10,,,excellent ,,,,,Jess Dawson

Room Tip: there all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Jess,
Thanks for staying with us. I am pleased your visit was enjoyable and we look forward to having you stay with us again. I will pass along your comments to Cheri.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I checked in around 10 pm. After setting down my bag and turning to make coffee for the morning, I noticed the coffee service and the dresser it was on was covered with little ants. I went back to the front desk and they apologized and changed my room. The coffee service hadn't been cleaned from the previous stay. The grounds were still in the filter basket and there was no "regular" coffee, only decaf. I cleaned it and prepared coffee for the morning. Coming back to my room the next afternoon, the coffee service again had not been cleaned. The pot hadn't even been rinsed, but the coffee had been replenished. It did not appear that the room had been vacuumed either. The bedspreads were stained to the point that I wasn't sure they had ever seen a washing machine. I travel the state and this is the first trip I've ever had to give less than 4 stars. I'm sending an email to the person who reserves our rooms to request I never stay here again. On the plus side, they have a very nice breakfast. On the downside, they served exactly the same items the two days I was there. I'm happy others have had a pleasant stay here, but that was not my experience. The General Manager said they "would do better next time". The only way there will be a next time, is if I don't have an option as to where I stay.

Room Tip: Sorry, didn't have one I could recommend.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us! I am so sorry we did not live up to our reputation of having a clean and comfortable room for you. It sounds like we really missed the mark. I certainly expect better out of the staff as we pride ourselves in cleanliness and offering a comfortable night's rest.
I will investigate the problems you experienced to remedy this right away.
I do hope you will allow us to serve you in the future. I can assure you this is not the type of business we operate for our guests. Please feel free to email me directly to discuss your negative experience so I can offer you a return visit.
Please email me at cia@rbnet.com
Keller, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this location. While running from hurricane Irene and recently as a stop on our way to my parents. Both times our children were in heaven and our dog. We are very clean and so our standards are high. Happy to say it is clean and quiet and the location is perfect for dining and shopping.

Lisa,
Thanks for being a returning guest. We so much enjoy having you. I'm glad your visit this time was under better weather circumstances.
Please visit us again soon and enjoy the shopping and many restaurants in the Valley View Mall complex.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Thank you to cheri for her kindness in helping us out of our dilemma. We were greeted by Tonya who was very pleasant and helpful. Both ladies were kind and provided us with local information when asked. Room was clean and presentable with microwave and fridge. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you to Brenda also who was courteous when we checked out in the morning - great staff and pleasant stay thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for being our guests! We enjoyed having you stay with us.
I will pass along your kind words to Cheri, Tonya, and Brenda. All three of those ladies are amazing members of our "family" and they strive to make each guest feel as though they are staying with friends or family.
We all look forward to a return visit should you travel to the Roanoke area again.
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel for my job and I always stay at this location when I'm in Roanoke. Cheri Forrest (Asst. Gen Mgr), Heather and Sue always have my reservations ready. On the rare occasion that there has been an issue,they immediately corrected it and my stays have always been first class! I recommend that anyone coming to Roanoke stay at this location.

Room Tip: I have stayed in every part of this hotel and have never had a bad experience. All of the rooms are...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jim,
Thanks so much for being a repeat guest. We enjoy having you each time you are in Roanoke.
I will pass along your kind words to the staff and in particular to Cheri, Heather, and Sue.
We hope to see you soon.
Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

From the parking lot to the room, and everything in between: the hotel is clean, well-maintained, and visually appealing. Cheri and Sue at the front desk were friendly, helpful, and informative. The room is clean, comfortable, and a great value. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: close to shopping and the airport
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks so much for visiting our hotel. I am glad your visit was enjoyable and your room was clean and comfortable. I will let Cheri and Sue know that took great care of you while visiting.
Come see us again soon.
Roanoke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport on June 13, 2013 after the crazy storm came through and knocked out our power. We called several other hotels in the area and the rates were jacked up so high it was unbelieveable. They were trying to make a buck off of people during a time when folks needed a cool place to stay until the power was restored. I called the Comfort Inn and the front desk associate, Brenda was so nice and asked if we were without power. Once I told her that we did not have power, she gave us a break on the rate and was very helpful. The hotel was very clean, and quiet. The room also had a refrigerator, microwave and a safe as well as complimentary breakfast the next morning. We were able to hold the room for the next night just in case we needed the room again. However our power was restored in one day...which was very good because some folks are still without power. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was definitely the port in the storm for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for sharing your comments. I am pleased we were able to come to your assistance in your time of need. Many people in the area lost power during that wind storm and it is not our policy to take advantage of people during a time of distress.
Hopefully should you have friends or family visit the area, you will send them our way so we can again show our southern hospitality.
VP of Operations

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!