“Comfort Inn - very nice!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke
“Comfort Inn - very nice!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn Airport on June 13, 2013 after the crazy storm came through and knocked out our power. We called several other hotels in the area and the rates were jacked up so high it was unbelieveable. They were trying to make a buck off of people during a time when folks needed a cool place to stay until the power was restored. I called the Comfort Inn and the front desk associate, Brenda was so nice and asked if we were without power. Once I told her that we did not have power, she gave us a break on the rate and was very helpful. The hotel was very clean, and quiet. The room also had a refrigerator, microwave and a safe as well as complimentary breakfast the next morning. We were able to hold the room for the next night just in case we needed the room again. However our power was restored in one day...which was very good because some folks are still without power. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. The staff was very friendly and helpful and it was definitely the port in the storm for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments. I am pleased we were able to come to your assistance in your time of need. Many people in the area lost power during that wind storm and it is not our policy to take advantage of people during a time of distress.
Hopefully should you have friends or family visit the area, you will send them our way so we can again show our southern hospitality.

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a total of 2 nights. We were mostly attracted to the hotel because it allowed us to have our pet cat in the room for an additional fee. I feel that the price we paid for this hotel was appropriate, including the pet fee. They do provide a continental breakfast, which has a good amount of options. The other amenities that they offer were good as well. The hotel is located in the vicinity of a mall, so there are plenty of places to eat and shop. Our room wasn't bad, however it did have a funny smell to it initially. We allowed our door to stay open a little bit to air the area out and that seemed to help slightly. I was disappointed to find dirty sheets in one of the beds, however. I understand that sometimes sheets become stained, however, this was not the case in this incident. There was a brown spot on the sheet, which I was partly able to scrape away. I notified the front desk of this issue, and they replaced my sheet, as well as remade my bed. Another issue I had with my room is that there were quite a bit of ants in the room. I usually don't have a problem with this, but since we had an infant with us, I wasn't too happy. Put together, I would consider this hotel again in the future, but it would not be my first choice. If I were not not traveling with pets, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. I am pleased we were able to accommodate you, your family and pet. It is important to us to allow families with pets to have a clean and comfortable room.
I apologize we missed the mark somewhat during your visit. I am glad the front desk staff was able to resolve the issue with the sheet, however I will bring your comments to the attention of the housekeeping department to correct this for future guests.
I will have our exterminator make an extra visit to spray for ants.
I trust you will visit us again so we can show you the type of care we pride ourselves in for each of our guests.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Tonya and her staff was wonderful. Made me feel at home. I didn't need or want for anything they made sure my stay was great. If I could I would give them a raise they deserve it. Their smiles and warm greetings was the upmost beet I have ever seen in a hotel and I have been in a lot if them. Thank you very much see you again. This was my first time in Roanoke.

• Stayed May 2013
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, Tonya and the entire staff are all great people and treat everyone like family. I'm glad you decided to stay with us on your first trip to the beautiful Roanoke Valley. I hope you will visit us again in the near future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice quiet stay here. The hotel is located away from any interstates or main roads so no traffic noise here. It also has many good restaurants to choose from. Could use some cosmetic touch ups. Some painting here and there and peeling wall paper in the bathroom. Our room was clean and spacious. So it's worth a stay here. Beware of the safe charge.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of our hotel.
I am pleased you found your room clean, comfortable and quiet. I will speak with the maintenance staff about the touch-ups you mentioned.
We no longer charge a safe fee. The safes are now a complimentary amenity for our guests.
I trust should you return to the Roanoke area, you will again allow us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs.
Saginaw, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were on vacation for 2 weeks, part of our trip brought us to this hotel. We were greeted by Brenda at the desk. She was charming, knowledgeable and caring. My uncle wasn't feeling good after we returned the first night and the next morning when she came in she heard about him and called his room to see if he was doing ok and offered to have some coffee and juice brought to him. Don't see this type of concern throughout my trips at any time. Brenda also was able to give precise directions to restaurants and activities in the area. Also, the hotel has to be given an A+, most of our trips we stayed at several Choice hotels, but this by far was the best, that is why when we was returning home and had to go through Roanoke again we chose to stop there. The rubber duck idea is a very cute idea. Thanks for the enjoyable memories.

Room Tip: I believe any room would be satisfactory to guest. This is a top rated hotel for a moderately highe...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks for your kind words concerning your recent visit. Brenda is truly an amazing lady and treats everyone as if they were a guest in her own home. I trust your Uncle is feeling better and had a pleasant visit to Roanoke.
We look forward to a return visit from you and again I thank you for sharing your comments.
Richmond, Va
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

What I wrote after our March 29th stay...
This Comfort Inn was everything you would want and expect at a chain hotel. It was clean, had microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with cable channels. The bed pillows are small, but efficient. The double beds seemed to be the smallest double beds around, but I assume they are true size; just not use to sharing a double with my hubby. I guess most of the hotels we have stayed at before had queen beds. Breakfast was provided. We were on second floor and had to go up to 3rd or down to 1st floor for ice. We discovered the $1.50 safe fee upon check out. I've never encountered that before. It was removed from our bill, but the hotel still charged us a $1 more than what was on our confirmation print-out. Not arguing over a dollar. All in all I would not stay here again since the rate can't be confirmed by their own print-out and we need bigger beds.

April 2013 Update...VP of Operations, G. Purvis, contacted me personally to offer his apologies for not honoring rate on my confirmation print out. The $1.50 safe fee was refunded at the hotel by the clerk and Mr. Purvis discovered that their hotel tax rate went up 1%, but the reservation system has not been updated to reflect that, so my confirmation printout would not match their rate. Also, he stated that they will be upgrading to queen size beds! I appreciate Mr. Purvis contacting me. Great customer service goes a long way and it certainly changes my mind about staying with them again, especially if they get the bigger beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am glad we were able to find out why your charges did not match the amount quoted at the time you made the reservation. Thanks so much for voicing your comments so I could look into the discrepancies and have it corrected.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Richmond, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I wasn't sure what it would be like, I've had some bad experiences with Choice Hotels. I used to work at Comfort Inns when i was younger, so I know the standards that the hotels are supposed to keep. When i checked in and saw the Gold Award hanging in the lobby, I knew the hotel was going to be nice, and that it was going to be a good stay. Everything went smoothly, the room was nice, location was good, close to many restaurants. I would stay again if i were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences at other Choice Hotel properties, but I am pleased we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable room. Our location is great, as we are located in the Valley View Mall complex. Southwest Virginia's largest shopping center. Shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. What more do you need!
I hope when you return to the Roanoke Valley, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!