“Update to previous review” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Richmond, Va
“Update to previous review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

What I wrote after our March 29th stay...
This Comfort Inn was everything you would want and expect at a chain hotel. It was clean, had microwave, fridge, flat screen TV with cable channels. The bed pillows are small, but efficient. The double beds seemed to be the smallest double beds around, but I assume they are true size; just not use to sharing a double with my hubby. I guess most of the hotels we have stayed at before had queen beds. Breakfast was provided. We were on second floor and had to go up to 3rd or down to 1st floor for ice. We discovered the $1.50 safe fee upon check out. I've never encountered that before. It was removed from our bill, but the hotel still charged us a $1 more than what was on our confirmation print-out. Not arguing over a dollar. All in all I would not stay here again since the rate can't be confirmed by their own print-out and we need bigger beds.

April 2013 Update...VP of Operations, G. Purvis, contacted me personally to offer his apologies for not honoring rate on my confirmation print out. The $1.50 safe fee was refunded at the hotel by the clerk and Mr. Purvis discovered that their hotel tax rate went up 1%, but the reservation system has not been updated to reflect that, so my confirmation printout would not match their rate. Also, he stated that they will be upgrading to queen size beds! I appreciate Mr. Purvis contacting me. Great customer service goes a long way and it certainly changes my mind about staying with them again, especially if they get the bigger beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I am glad we were able to find out why your charges did not match the amount quoted at the time you made the reservation. Thanks so much for voicing your comments so I could look into the discrepancies and have it corrected.
I hope you will stay with us again should you return to the beautiful Roanoke Valley.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Richmond, VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When I booked this hotel, I wasn't sure what it would be like, I've had some bad experiences with Choice Hotels. I used to work at Comfort Inns when i was younger, so I know the standards that the hotels are supposed to keep. When i checked in and saw the Gold Award hanging in the lobby, I knew the hotel was going to be nice, and that it was going to be a good stay. Everything went smoothly, the room was nice, location was good, close to many restaurants. I would stay again if i were in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am sorry to hear you have had bad experiences at other Choice Hotel properties, but I am pleased we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable room. Our location is great, as we are located in the Valley View Mall complex. Southwest Virginia's largest shopping center. Shopping, restaurants and movie theaters. What more do you need!
I hope when you return to the Roanoke Valley, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Christiansburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Each year in March I welcome two teams of young professionals from different parts of the world. They arrive at Roanoke Airport and spend their first night at the Comfort Inn. Part of the experience is the warm always shown to the team members, regardless of their nationality or native language by the hotel staff. Tops are Brenda who puts in long hours at the front counter but is always cheerful and Carmen, the sales manager.

Team members are frequent international travelers used to staying in luxury hotels. But they are always enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn and the morning breakfast.

My wife and I use this hotel as a staging base for early departures and late arrivals when we make long trips abroad.

Room Tip: We used rooms 401, 402, 403 and 412 this trip, all on the top floor. Very quiet,each has a nice view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest for the past 10 years. We are privileged to serve your group each year.
I will pass along your kind words to both Brenda and Carmen, as well as the entire hotel staff.
We look forward to serving your group again in the future. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this particular Comfort Inn several times over the past 2 years and have always found the hotel to be a step up from your average Comfort Inn. The rooms are clean with decent space and all rooms come with flat screen TV's. I did find the beds somewhat softer than I am used to, even in many hotels. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, including several that are within a short walk if the weather permits. In addition, the hotel is right next to the Valley View Mall, so there are plenty of stores for shopping, including a Walmart, if that is important.

Continental breakfast is a slight step up from most Comfort Inn's, in the sense they have several hot selections to choose from, although the scrambled eggs are obviously pre-made and not fixed on site (whoever heard of a square egg patty???). In addition to both bacon and sausage patties, I was surprised to find creamed chipped beef available the day we were there in addition to the usual cold cereals, yogurt, fruit and other breakfast selections.

All in all a very decent place to stay, although at $85 for a senior rate, its not the cheapest choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us on several occasions. We enjoy having you as a return guest!

Thanks also for your kind comments. We strive each day to make sure our guests receive a clean and comfortable room. Our location is perfect for travelers or shoppers. We are located within Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex.

You are correct, our eggs are pre-made. Due to Health Department regulations, we are only allowed to serve pre-made items. I do hope you enjoyed them as they really do have a good taste.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay here every time I'm in the Roanoke area, my company has a corporate acct. I am never disappointed. Rooms are nice, clean and well mantained. The best continental breakfast of any of the hotels I stay at for business. I was VERY glad to see Brenda (front desk) is back at this location! She had transferred to another hotel on my previous two visits. The other people did a good job while she was gone, but Brenda adds a more personal touch because she remembers me and always calls me by name!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments and for being a return guest. I am pleased we are able to accommodate your company and that we have provided you with clean and comfortable rooms. I am excited that Brenda has returned to the Comfort Inn Airport. She filled in briefly at another Comfort Inn and has now returned to her "home" and her family of guests. She provides excellent service to everyone.
I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.
Burlington,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been staying at this location since it opened. Staff is like "family". Miss Brenda has always taken great care of me and I've noticed the care she offers other visitors as well. I've never found it to be unclean, great breakfast selection each morning. Convenient to many restaurants as well as the Mall and other shops.

Room Tip: Never had a bad experience regardless of room location
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks for your kind words of your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Airport.
I will pass along your comments to Mrs. Brenda. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and our location offers many dining options and the areas largest mall.
I hope you will visit us again soon and I am sure Mrs. Brenda will take excellent care of you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this location at least 5 times and have never been disappointed. I take a motorcycle trip to FLA each Nov and stop here going both ways. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed November 2012
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Comfort Inn Airport in Roanoke. I am pleased you visit us each fall on your motorcycle trips.
I will pass along your comments to the entire staff and we look forward to having you visit us in the future.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!