“Reliable for over 10 years” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Reliable for over 10 years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Each year in March I welcome two teams of young professionals from different parts of the world. They arrive at Roanoke Airport and spend their first night at the Comfort Inn. Part of the experience is the warm always shown to the team members, regardless of their nationality or native language by the hotel staff. Tops are Brenda who puts in long hours at the front counter but is always cheerful and Carmen, the sales manager.

Team members are frequent international travelers used to staying in luxury hotels. But they are always enthusiastic about this Comfort Inn and the morning breakfast.

My wife and I use this hotel as a staging base for early departures and late arrivals when we make long trips abroad.

Room Tip: We used rooms 401, 402, 403 and 412 this trip, all on the top floor. Very quiet,each has a nice view...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you so much for being a loyal guest for the past 10 years. We are privileged to serve your group each year.
I will pass along your kind words to both Brenda and Carmen, as well as the entire hotel staff.
We look forward to serving your group again in the future. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chattanooga, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed at this particular Comfort Inn several times over the past 2 years and have always found the hotel to be a step up from your average Comfort Inn. The rooms are clean with decent space and all rooms come with flat screen TV's. I did find the beds somewhat softer than I am used to, even in many hotels. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, including several that are within a short walk if the weather permits. In addition, the hotel is right next to the Valley View Mall, so there are plenty of stores for shopping, including a Walmart, if that is important.

Continental breakfast is a slight step up from most Comfort Inn's, in the sense they have several hot selections to choose from, although the scrambled eggs are obviously pre-made and not fixed on site (whoever heard of a square egg patty???). In addition to both bacon and sausage patties, I was surprised to find creamed chipped beef available the day we were there in addition to the usual cold cereals, yogurt, fruit and other breakfast selections.

All in all a very decent place to stay, although at $85 for a senior rate, its not the cheapest choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us on several occasions. We enjoy having you as a return guest!

Thanks also for your kind comments. We strive each day to make sure our guests receive a clean and comfortable room. Our location is perfect for travelers or shoppers. We are located within Southwest Virginia's largest shopping complex.

You are correct, our eggs are pre-made. Due to Health Department regulations, we are only allowed to serve pre-made items. I do hope you enjoyed them as they really do have a good taste.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay here every time I'm in the Roanoke area, my company has a corporate acct. I am never disappointed. Rooms are nice, clean and well mantained. The best continental breakfast of any of the hotels I stay at for business. I was VERY glad to see Brenda (front desk) is back at this location! She had transferred to another hotel on my previous two visits. The other people did a good job while she was gone, but Brenda adds a more personal touch because she remembers me and always calls me by name!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments and for being a return guest. I am pleased we are able to accommodate your company and that we have provided you with clean and comfortable rooms. I am excited that Brenda has returned to the Comfort Inn Airport. She filled in briefly at another Comfort Inn and has now returned to her "home" and her family of guests. She provides excellent service to everyone.
I look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.
Burlington,NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've been staying at this location since it opened. Staff is like "family". Miss Brenda has always taken great care of me and I've noticed the care she offers other visitors as well. I've never found it to be unclean, great breakfast selection each morning. Convenient to many restaurants as well as the Mall and other shops.

Room Tip: Never had a bad experience regardless of room location
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thanks for your kind words of your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Airport.
I will pass along your comments to Mrs. Brenda. I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and our location offers many dining options and the areas largest mall.
I hope you will visit us again soon and I am sure Mrs. Brenda will take excellent care of you.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this location at least 5 times and have never been disappointed. I take a motorcycle trip to FLA each Nov and stop here going both ways. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed November 2012
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for being a loyal guest of the Comfort Inn Airport in Roanoke. I am pleased you visit us each fall on your motorcycle trips.
I will pass along your comments to the entire staff and we look forward to having you visit us in the future.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our arrival was very late the first night, but everything regarding the reservation was in order. Heard one plane overhead as we walked into the building, but not another sound either night. Entire hotel appears to have been remodeled; rooms appeared updated, well-decorated and clean. Bed was comfortable, heating system worked well off of a wall thermostat, and was quiet. Don't know about AC because we were there in November. No evidence of any bugs or other people's remains when we arrived. Had plenty of hot water during our stay. Towels were big, fluffy and plentiful; four in the bathroom for one king bed. Breakfast was pretty standard for "Free Hot Breakfast" these days, with coffee, scrambled egg squares, biscuits/gravy, sausage patties, plus the assorted cold stuff, including bread and pastries. And the waffle iron and instant oatmeal. But everything was clean, neat and orderly, and plentiful. Front desk was friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and didn't hear any planes or other noise from the airport nearby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments with others. Even though we are located near the areas regional airport, the noise of aircraft is very limited.
I am pleased you found all aspects of your stay enjoyable from the condition of your room, to the breakfast the next morning.
I hope you will visit us again.
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I never like to stay near an airport, but this time it couldn't be avoided because of business in the area. Only heard a couple of airplanes going over or nearby and they were not in the middle of the night. Slept very well. The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and breakfast was the same as you get at all the other hotels that offer a free breakfast, which satisfies me. Also, several restaurants and a mall were nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!