“Very Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Lexington, Kentucky
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here on June 26. All of the previous reviews are right on....very good hotel. Can't find anything to complain about. Room clean, breakfast is what you expect from Comfort Inn. Location is not exactly easy but manageable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rhody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My wife and I were driving to Nashville and had been on the road for about ten hours. Time to find a place to sleep... We had made a pit stop in one of the Virginia rest areas and picked up a hotel coupon book. The price seemed right so we made a reservation from the road; the front desk staff was friendly and helpful in this process, honoring the coupon (this can be an issue at some properties.) It turned out to be a good decision. The property seemed pretty new and was very clean. Front desk staff was friendly, competent and quick checking us in. The beds were comfortable and the a/c quiet; we slept well. I didn't check the internet connection. We were up and out early but the free breakfast was outstanding, eggs, bacon plus the usual carb fest...I would positively stay here again and I urge you to do the same if you're on I-81 and looking for a place to stop for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I have had several bad experiences in Comfort Inns, mostly in Florida. Not at this one, it was superb! The rooms were large, clean and well appointed. The front desk staff was efficient and pleasant. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, and very complete, and very nicely presented. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again the next time I visit Roanoke.

• Stayed July 2012
Clintwood, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I decided to travel to Roanoke,Va. this weekend to shop for a vehicle and just get out of Dodge.I made a reservation at the Comfort Inn-Airport because of the location and the Choice Hotels Brand.We arrived around 5:00 pm and the lobby was very busy.The clerk handled our check-in without incident and as quickly as possible.The gentleman ask us if we had a floor preference which I thought was very gracious.We chose Room 112 and was very satisfied with our accommodations.The room had high ceilings,very clean and modern and was very accessible to exercise room,breakfast area,ice machine and the lobby.Our room had a fridge,microwave,free internet and excellent cable.This hotel is located right in the center of multitudes of eateries including Olive Garden,Texas Roadhouse,Chinese Buffet and many other choices.It is a hotel that we have stayed at previously and always are satisfied with the price,location and condition of the property.I would recommend this property to anyone who would be traveling in the Roanoke area.

Room Tip: I would recommend requesting the ground floor rooms.The elevator is very slow and expect to wait if...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Inn at Roanoke Airport while attending a conference that was held in the area. The staff were very kind. The room was nice and reasonably spacious. The breakfast was also good. Since we did not rent a car, it was nice to have the property near a few restaurants and the Valley View shopping mall within walking distance. A small outdoor pool was right next to the restaurant area, although we did not use it.

A con is that they do not seem to have their own shuttle running to and from the airport. Instead, when you call from the airport, a cab is arranged and reimbursed. Same goes from the hotel to the airport. This makes it difficult to make a trip to airport in the middle of a stay, which we needed to to commute to the conference. In a way, I understand it because not many customers visit the hotels in the area without cars (not just this hotel, I found out later).

With the quality we were provided, I think it was somewhat expensive, but if I must come back to Roanoke, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Checked in on Friday with ease. Hotel was very clean. Mall in walking distance which made the women of my family happy. The continental breakfast was delicious and piping hot. Enjoyed my hotel experience. Downtown Roanoke party life is amazing. Four to five clubs in same area and all are packed. I thought Roanoke was all country, but I was pleasantly surprised and happy.

• Stayed June 2012
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

For a quick stay overnight, the hotel was a little above average. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the TV worked well. What more can you ask for. The rates were reasonable, so for a quick stopover, you will be satisfied.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!