“Good, quiet stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Alexandria, VA
“Good, quiet stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Convenient location for a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to Asheville. Clean, comfortable room. Decent hotel breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Southern Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed in the Comfort Inn Airport for two nights, checking out today 3/17/12. I was in room 211. The hotel is conveniently located right off the interstate (which pretty much allows you to get anywhere in the city within minutes) and less than a minute from Valley View Mall. As a female traveling alone, safety was a big concern. I felt perfectly safe in the area where it was located. The lady who checked me in, Brenda, was outstanding. This is a woman who knows what customer service is all about. Not only was she quick, every time she saw me she called me by name and asked how my stay was going and if there was anything I needed. I have never had that type of respect at any hotel. The room had everything I needed and all was in good working order. One thing that stood out was a magnifying mirror in the bathroom! This was the first hotel I have ever seen that in. What a plus for those of us who need that bit of extra help seeing to apply our eye makeup! I had a king bed which was very comfortable, no complaints there. The hotel was very quiet. The breakfast was more than adequate with eggs, bacon, sausage patties (and I think even sausage gravy), a host of breads, bagels and mini muffins, a waffle maker, cereals, juices and coffee. The wireless internet was easy to join and worked great. This place is not the Ritz, so if that that type of place is important to you, skip it. If you just want a friendly place where you can get a good night's sleep in a safe place, chose this hotel. If I ever need to stay in a hotel in Roanoke again, I will definitely stay here! Brenda makes you feel welcome and as though you are the most valuable person staying there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012 via mobile

Room was quiet and clean. Great customer service, an OK breakfast, and pet friendly. I would recommend a stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I needed to catch a very early flight at Roanoke Airport and I selected this place for its great location and good reviews. The staff members were helpful, the room was great with very comfortable bedding and eating places are numerous and only 1/4 mile away. The price was reasonable and a relief when getting up very early to travel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This place was "just ok". No bug bites, but the rooms were a little older and had obviously not been renovated for a number of years. We stayed here as we were travelling from Canada to Florida, and we stopped at around midnight to sleep. The breakfast was ok. Had I read the reviews, I would have avoided this place. But alas ... I had no bug bites ... and we did get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

after a long day of driving we stopped with no reservation and met Brenda who greeted us with such enthusiasm, unbelievable hospitality - she goes beyond the call of duty to make our day - she is a super plus for this staying at this hotel chain

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lenexa, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was not impressed by this hotel due to customer service. When we checked in the lady working the front desk was very curt and rude. I realize it was late, but she didn't have to have such an attitude. She had the back of her desk piled with personal junk and it looked very messy. While I understand she may need her things, I don't find having personal hygeine items on display a sign of a very professional establishment. Then she didn't say anything about our dog until we checked into the room when she rudely called us and told us "we had to pay an additional fee." Which was fine. We normally like to stay at the Laquinta when we travel with our pets because the pets are free. We didn't realize there was a fee, and the lady was so rude about it. She even charged us more then the $25 pet fee, when it said $25. But it was late and we wanted to go to bed. Since it was only an additional $1 and some cents we let it go. The room was okay but it wasn't anything special. We did use our choice card and were able to get a late check out at 2pm which was nice. We did pay in cash and had to leave a $50 deposit at the front desk. We tried to put it on our card, but she didn't know how to do this. The following day when we went to check out and get our deposit back yet again the lady working the front desk was extremely rude. My mom asked for her deposit and instead of addressing my mother directly when speaking, she looked at the gentleman next to her and said, she was going to check a room. My mother had no clue she was talking about her room because she didn't address her directly. The next thing we witnessed was this beligerent lady bursting through the hotel door and we weren't checked out yet. I was in the room packing the rest of the stuff, and finishing getting dressed. I couldn't believe the lady came in the room without knocking, and she startled me and my dog. I have a wonderful guard dog, and if she feels I am in danger she will bark and protect me. The lady ran out of the room screaming about being attacked by my dog when my dog just barked at this intruder. I asked the lady why she didn't knock and she said, because when you check out your gone, and I said " Well we're not checked out yet, we're in the process of leaving" She stormed away because she knew she was wrong, and went back to the front desk to begin yelling at my mother about this same incident. When my mother tried to explain to her that she wasn't told "someone would be coming to check the room before she got her deposit back," this rude lady stated, "the woman the night before told her someone would have to check the room before the deposit would be returned to her" when my mom told her "no one told her this", and even though the lady wasn't there the night before, she started screaming at my mom stating my mom was wrong and was told about this. My mother was very upset by this unruly womans outburst and told her that she would be calling management which we will do. She also told her that "employees don't speak to customers in such a rude and demeaning way". The lady was huffing and puffing, and said she "didn't care if my mom called management" which leads us to believe she can care less for her job. This was a Monday morning when we checked out. I don't recall this women's name, but she should learn how to treat the public if she is going to work in the public. This hotel was nice and clean, and the beds were comfortable. There was a fridge in the room, but there was nothing so special about it that we would come back when the customer service was so terrible. There are hundreds of other hotels where the management hires employees who are nice and treat their customers with respect. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone because if employees represent an establishment this hotel rates at the bottom of the totem poll.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere where you are treated with respect.