“As Good As It Gets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Lewes, Delaware
“As Good As It Gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I was impressed with this particular property. It's one of those properties where you don't notice anything, as everything is as it should be. Meticulously clean. But above all, friendly, attentive staff. Despite being located near the airport, it was a quiet location. Check in staff advised us that nearby restaurants offered discounts upon presentation of their hotel key card. There were several nearby, within sight of the hotel, making for great convenience.

I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Doswell, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed here on my first business trip to Roanoke. The room was excellent!

I got some work done at the desk, called in my lunch and it only took me 10 minutes to drive to the restaurant since the Valley View mall is right across the road.

At night, the bed was comfy and I enjoyed the view of the road and some of the planes. I didn't hear any noise and I woke up refreshed.

The hotel is so clean and the staff is friendly. Plus, you get a discount at some of the restaurants if you show your key card.

If you're coming to Roanoke, stay here, you'll like it.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I was at this hotel to conduct a training class. Reservations were made for me.
I must admit that when I saw that I was staying at a Comfort Inn, I was not enthused. I'm a Marriott or Hilton kinda traveler.
That said, I was very pleasantly surprised! Rooms were what I would call "average" and they were very clean.
What set this hotel apart, in my mind, is the level of service.
The staff could not enough for, not only me, but everyone who was there for training.
When I was setting up, I asked the gentleman helping me if they carried Coke or Pepsi products in the hotel. He replied "Coke."
I said that was too bad because I like having a specific Pepsi product to drink from as I present - kind of a habit I've developed over decades of presenting.
The gentleman finished setting up the room and then left. I continued to set up my presentation.
About 5 minutes later, the gentleman (who I later learned was the Manager on duty) returned with Pepsi product that I had mentioned wanting.
He had gone offsite and purchased one, at his own expense, and brought it back to give to me! He would not accept payment for the soda.
Having traveled as part of my jobs for the past 12+ years, this experience ranks up near the top, if not the top, for the highest level of customer service I've received.
I understand that it's just a soda, but the fact that he went offsite to get me one was very impressive and displays the level of customer service I consistently saw at this hotel!

Room Tip: Tell them exactly what you want and they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I stopped here on the way home to NC for one night. The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very helpful in helping us find some good Chinese takeout. The only thing was our room was right next to the elevator shaft, so I heard the elevator a lot during the night, and our bed comforter had a big stain on it. But other than that, it was a nice stay, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thanks you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay however I apologize for the stain you found on your bedspread. I will make sure housekeeping pays more attention to the spreads and replaces any that are not up to standards.
I hope you will visit us again.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

the rooms were good but deffinately not the best comfort inn ive stayed at, front desk lady i felt was rude and unprofessional, but everything for the most part was alright and breakfast was good

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I apologize for the desk clerk who treated you rude and unprofessional. I will speak with the staff members that were on duty at that time.
Florence, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I stayed here for one night. This hotel is not easy to find. There are 3 segmented sections to Valley View Blvd and their website does not make this clear. Wi fi strength is poor in the rooms. Nothing out of the ordinary.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent visit to the Comfort Inn Airport in Roanoke, Virginia.
I will agree the area can be confussing, however we try to list directions as simply as we can to avoid anyone having difficulty finding the hotel. I will review our listing and see if I can make the directions more detailed.
Thank you for bringing the poor internet signal to my attention. I will have this checked immediately and repaired.
I trust you will allow us the priviledge of serving your lodging needs in the future should you return to the Roanoke Valley.
Monroe, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My wife and I had a great time in Roanoke by staying here with these friendly and caring staff, front desk, housekeepers, manager, Robin, Brenda and a host of others.
We like the location as its so convienient to all the places and people we visit. The
breakfast is also first-rate. We will stay here again!!
Charles and Gloria Etter

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport? Share your experiences!