“Love the mussels!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 540-982-1249
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 415 Restaurants in Roanoke
Cuisines: American, French, Organic, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A mix of Southern American and Southern French Cuisine with craft cocktails and an excellent wine list.
Studio City, CA
“Love the mussels!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you like mussels...this is the place. Ordered them as a appetizer, they were enough of them to make a meal by itself. Had to take my dinner home because the mussels filled me up

• Visited March 2013

Blacksburg, Virginia
“Trying too hard to be cool...and missing the point in the process”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I get that they are trying to be unique and interesting in a normally mundane food scene in Roanoke. But really I feel like they try too hard and are missing the point in getting and keeping a customer base. Yes, the atmosphere is nice-I give them that-but the service and overall condescending nature of those who work that that we have encountered on two occasions has completely turned us off to the place. On our first visit, we had to wait 45 minutes past our reservation time to get a seat-and we were left scrunching up at the bar to enjoy an overpriced, underformulated mixed drink. Once we finally did get a table we had to wait another 30 minutes to order. My husband had fried chicken and he swore that KFC was better on a bad day that what he was served. I had fish and it was basically the size of two standard fishsticks. And of course it was expensive. I gave it another chance on a work outing when I wouldn't be paying the bill and was again extremely disappointed. Won't give it a third try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Bar, Interesting Menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love the bar and menu. They have a very good beer selection and really know how to make a cocktail. The menu is always interesting and they change it up enough to be fresh but keep the best old standbys so you feel at home. I really like the meatloaf but I've never had a bad meal at Luck. Plus, it is quite lively and a fun place to be. Overall, my favorite place in Roanoke.

• Visited February 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“A Treasure in Roanoke”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We absolutely love Lucky - the closest thing to French Bistro style food you can get anywhere close to Roanoke. The atmosphere is young and vibrant, the food creative and delicious and the service is always knowledgeable and responsive. Todd at the bar is particularly good, and the the owners are on site to make sure everything runs smoothly.

The only criticism I would make is that sometimes the portions are too small. This does not happen often enough for it to be a problem, but it does affect what we order. If we're hungry, we're sure to order an appetizer and entree.

That said, this is our favorite Roanoke restaurant and we cannot recommend it highly enough. Definitely get a reservation, since it's a popular place on the weekends!

• Visited December 2012
Oxford, Ohio
“Excellent cocktails and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff was wonderful, the atmosphere was great and the drinks were made from scratch with home-made bitters. If you like cocktails, Lucky is a must in Roanoke.

• Visited January 2013