“Living their passion.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King George Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
King George Inn
You added King George Inn to your Saves list
315 King George Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
Chesapeake
“Living their passion.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We had such a beautiful weekend, from our warm genuine welcome, to our informative tour, to the warm cookies and refreshing wine.... The accommodations were first class, but what impressed me the most was how happy our Innkeepers were - to have us, inform us, and serve us. What greater joy than loving what you do -- even when it is a lot of work?

Even with our late arrival on the second night of our stay - Jim sincerely greeted us, offered refreshment and kindly said "I never go to sleep till all the kids are home" - it was genuine.

We can't wait to return -amazing food, fantastic accommodations, and beyond first class service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I contacted them through email and luckily there was an opening in the short notice I gave. Right away they responded in email and called; very proactive. The place is Absolutely beautiful, and I felt comfortable. I have experienced other b&b's before and I really felt at home at the King George as appose to others. Very close to the downtown area and easy to get to. Most of all the owners, Jim and Lynn Hunt are wonderful people and great to talk to. If you are ever in Roanoke, you must at least check it out!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

My one night, business stay was perfect! We were greeted by Lynn and Jim on arrival, taken on a tour of the historic beautifully restored Inn and treated to a "snack" that was and outstanding combination of flavors and included a glass (or 2) of wine! The room was lovely, spacious and immaculately clean. The linens (one of my favorite things) were high quality and beautiful (towels were absorbent and large, and sheets were butter soft). It was a great night's sleep, with an outstanding breakfast. Lynn and Jim could not have been more helpful. I am quite leery of B and B's, preferring to be anonymous at a hotel, but I loved, loved, loved this place and would recommend it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
East Quogue, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The innkeepers were incredibly accommodating and friendly. We fully agreed with Lynn's breakfast philosophy of having dessert first. We could not experience Roanoke to its fullest because we were there on a Sunday, but the KGI was delightful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Clovis, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

My room and bath were clean and spacious. The food was delicious. The location was close to everything I wanted to see. The Innkeepers Jim and Lynn were friendly, outgoing, gracious and accommodating. I was so comfortable I stayed another week.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

Upon our arrival, we were greeted by Lynn and Jim, the Innkeepers. They gave us the Grand Tour of their magnificent, newly renovated Inn. Their pride of ownership showed as we ventured from room to room - each one impeccably decorated with one-of-a-kind antiques and artwork. Our rooms were beautiful, comfortable and very private with our own bathroom. The bed and linens were luxurious. There were several large, comfortable common sitting/living areas in addition to an art gallery featuring a different artist each season. Speaking of artists, Lynn indulged us by showing us her art studio - we can see where her creativity originates.

After our tour, we were treated to homemade cookies and wine. Jim made us reservations for dinner at a local place that was within walking distance. The menu was amazing!

Jim and Lynn outdid themselves the next 2 mornings with the gourmet breakfasts they served on the best china and linens - we felt like royalty. Lynn is an amazing cook. Hot from the oven muffins & fresh fruit were only the prelude to lemon curd stuffed french toast the first morning and eggs benedict the next.

We actually came to visit Virginia Tech - which was a 45 minute drive from the Inn. This Bed and Breakfast was our best ever! Jim and Lynn's hospitality was top notch! Their willingness to sit and share the local interests was much appreciated. It will be a treat to return and explore Roanoke.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed here during the 2010 Virginia bar exam. This was a fantastic place to stay, especially for such a stressful event. The owners make you feel comfortable, safe, at home, and well cared for. My room was spacious with a private bathroom. The whole inn was fresh, clean and quiet. The inn has been newly renovated, but they managed to maintain the historic feel of the home. In particular, I enjoyed the gourmet breakfast on both mornings of my stay! I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to King George Inn? Share your experiences!