“Book research road trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of King George Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Roanoke
King George Inn
You added King George Inn to your Saves list
315 King George Ave SW, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Roanoke B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Book research road trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Me and my coworker Laura stopped at the King George Inn while on a road trip from New York to Nashville.

Lynn and Jim were amazing hosts, kind and hospitable. The food was delicious and the rooms were very cosy and comfortable.

I strongly recommend it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have to say that this was a fantastic B&B! My husband and I stayed with Lynn and Jim through the thanksgiving holiday and we had a wonderful time. They have a beautiful B&B that feels like home and we felt like family from the moment we walked in. We have never been to Roanoke and didn't really know anything about the area. Lynn and Jim know the city well and made several awesome recommendations. We visited all of the museums, restaurants, shops, and areas that they recommended and had a wonderful relaxing time. It kept us busy for 4 days. I can't say enough good things about the King George Inn. If you want to stay at a home away from home then this is the place to be!
We will definitely be staying there again when we head out to Virginia.

Thank you so much for the wonderful time in Roanoke and for inviting us to have Thanksgiving with your family.
Rollie and Laura

Room Tip: The King George room has a view of the "star" which is pretty at night. Check it out by s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kinggeorgeinn, Owner at King George Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We were proud to host this newly wed Marine couple in our home and say a prayer of Thanksgiving for their service to our country. We wish them much happiness a safe return.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Washington, D.C. The historic inn has been beautifully restored and decorated by the owners. The owners recommended an excellent neighborhood restaurant and served us an outstanding eggs benedict breakfast. Our room was lovely and comfortable. The rooms do not have televisions which we didn't miss but some might.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and beautifully furnished.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Whitetop, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Have you ever had the experience of arriving at a beautiful bed and breakfast and feeling yourself exhale as soon as you pull in the driveway? That's the pleasure we have each and every time we arrive at the King George Inn; be it for a night or a long weekend. We are always greeted by Innkeepers, Jim and Lynn, and shown to our beautiful, spacious room with hardwood floors and high ceilings. The beds and linens are heavenly and the on-suites boast original tubs and tiles, and amazing water pressure!
Another simple pleasure - meeting other inn guests in the Living Room for wine and cheese. We have met wonderful travelers from all over the US; many of whom, like ourselves, are return visitors to the King George Inn. Lynn and Jim always try to sit and talk with their guests for a bit. It's a pleasure to get to know the people under who's roof you're sleeping.
Then there's breakfast. Lynn is an excellent cook! She has served wonderful shirred eggs with sun-dried tomatoes and potatoes; apple streusel with yogurt and local honey; French press decaf coffee or the freshest of teas. And then there's the wonderful experience of starting the day at the dining table with other guests and discussing where everyone is going.
Selecting the King George Inn will provide a wonderful, memorable experience. We look forward to traveling to Roanoke just to stay at the King George. Thank you Lynn and Jim for another FABULOUS stay!

Room Tip: Each room is beautiful and well appointed.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
kinggeorgeinn, Owner at King George Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Sue and Thomas,
Thank you so much for your gracious review. We always look forward to your visits and an update on your busy schedule. We wish you much happiness in your new home and a wonderful holiday season.
Thanks again for your kind words...they are greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Lynn and Jim Hunt
Centreville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was disappointed from walking in the door and getting the look of "Why are you here, you're not welcome." When I said I had a reservation I was told that I did not and even when I showed them my printed reservation I was told I didn't have it and that I cancelled. Lynn was very condescending especially when she kept insisting that I was the gift card person. This was said like it was dirty words - "Those Gift Card people." I had not idea what she was talking about because I was reserving the room with no coupons or discounts. I was told it was my fault my reservations were cancelled and that their record keeping was perfect. She refused to acknowledge her confirmation emailes to me or that she even communicated with me. When I tried telling her how disappointed I was because I made the reservations 3 months in advance for a special birthday for my husband - that didn't matter to her because I should be happy it was just a birthday that we didn't get to celebrate and her husband was in the hospital. I must say the reception and friendliness I received at the Sheraton was much better than I received at the King George Inn. There was absolutely no professionalism from the owners who wanted my money. Totally unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
kinggeorgeinn, Owner at King George Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Wendy,
Sometimes crazy things happen. The fact that a "Wendy" called and cancelled the reservation left no doubt in my mind to eliminate that guestroom. Apparently it wasn't you. However, we did have another room available for you of which you choose not to take. We would have loved to have had you join us and our other guests, but your dissappoint over not having the King George Room was just too great...so therefore you chose to go elsewhere.
I offerred you the lovely Elizabeth room at a discounted rate and your friend found it satisfactory, however, you chose to leave. I'm relieved to hear there was a room for you at a nearby hotel. .Part of the confusion was another couple walked in behind you and requested a room, so with four people to deal with and a situation, I was a little overwhelmed not condesending. We truly are sorry about this unfortunate incident and we hope you will accept our apology.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Found this on TripAdvisor - chose it based on photos and reviews. The B&B is located in a historic neighborhood right outside of downtown Roanoke. Our room, Queen Victoria, was very large with a good size bathroom with all the original fixtures. I had a restaurant picked out but our hostess, Lynn, suggested the Wildflower Cafe around the corner - and boy was that a good recommendation. Lynn was teaching Jim how to cook breakfast the following morning. I suggest Jim have a few more lessons before being let loose on his own. The egg omelet was wet for my liking but otherwise the rest of the breakfast was okay. The highlight of our stay was our enchanting conversation with Lynn & Jim over breakfast. I even got a departing hug before hitting the road.

Room Tip: Take a look at the photos and choose a room. They are all large and most have bathrooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night after driving from Washington via the Shenandoah NP.
Greeted warmly by Jim and shown to the King George Room. It was spacious and welcoming after our long journey. Large bathroom with wonderfully fluffy towels. Comfortable bed. No tv in the room, but no problem in a B&B. Jim recommended Wildflour for dinner. The restaurant was within walking distance. What a great recommendation.
Breakfast was delicious and both hosts were chatty and friendly.
Free wifi a bonus.
Overall a fantastic place to stay. Would recommend without hesitation.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked spacious from what we saw. Beautiful heritage property.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
kinggeorgeinn, Owner at King George Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your gracious review. Its because of imput like yours that continues to keep our friends from the UK returning again and again. The Roanoke region of Virginia is truly a magical place and we're so pleased you were able to experience it, as well as the King George Inn..
Jim and Lynn Hunt
Innkeepers

Been to King George Inn? Share your experiences!