“Four Great Nights and great Breakfasts” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Four Great Nights and great Breakfasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My friend and then are doing a road trip through southwestern Virginia. We originally were only going to spend one night in Roanoke. We chose the Cambria because it was ranked #1 on tripadvisor. Also the rates were great. $111.00 for a very nice and comfortable room. The room has a separate sitting area with a flat screen TV...there is also a flat screen in the bed area..we had a king suite. The breakfast is not included in the room price...but at $9.95 the buffet they serve is worth the extra cost. Endless sausage gravy and scrumptious fluffy biscuits. Crispy bacon, pancakes, cereals, diced potato home fries and fresh fruit...yum! The icing on the cake? Four words..."the breakfast lady...PAM!!!" Pam is a one person dynamo.. She does it all and with a kindness that's infectious. She has a great sense of humor....as do I.... by the third morning We had names for each other...she was my breakfast wench and my name was . well my name is unmentionable!!! But it was hilarious and fun every morning...anyway we were going to stay one night.... But decided to make the Cambria our base of operations for the entire area...from going to Mountain Lake Lodge and Cascade falls to Appomattox and Lynchburg and Smith Mountain lake ....it was nice knowing we were going to end the day back at the Cambria. The front desk staff got used to me asking for another night! The rate went down for the weekdays! We stayed four nights. Thanks to Pam for her great service and other staff like Paul at the front desk...and the rest of the staff..including the guys in the kitchen!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
It makes our staff so proud when they can provide such a comfortable home for travelers and I'm so glad we were able to do that for you. I truely hope you enjoyed your time in the Roanoke Valley and that we get a chance to see you again sometime! Paul and Pam are great to be sure, as well as the rest of our staff, and they will all be so glad to see this review and know that they made such a great memory for you!

Thank you again for sharing you experience with us!
Travel safe!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Referred by Carillion Roanoke Memorial Hospital when my Mom was in ICU. Very hospitable staff especially Pam in cafe so friendly and efficient. She makes you feel welcome and at home. Rooms were clean and spacious. No amenity was overlooked. Across from Mill mountain park, great place to unwind from stress of the hospital waiting areas,. Also close to downtown marketplace with fabulous restaurants and shopping,I recommend awful arther's seafood. shuttle service provided. Best hotel experience ever . I Will stay again. Lisa Pardue

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am so glad we were able to make a difficult time for your family a little less stressful. I hope everything went well with your family! Being so close to downtown is a blessing, and soon there will be several restaurants and stores opening just down the street from us! We can't wait to see you and your family again soon, and I hope everything continues to go well!
Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at the Cambria Suites Roanoke! I came into town for a job interview at the hospital near by and the hospital was the ones who booked the hotel. This hotel was very spacious and clean. The staff were nice, and they have a hotel shuttle that is free and will take you different places as long as you arrange it before hand. One of their drivers, Harry, was very kind and willing to help get me to places and pick me up, he was accommodating and I really appreciated all his help. You are also not far from a trolley stop (free trolley!) that can take you downtown. It is a bummer that there is not a free breakfast and there isn't any restaurants or stores next door, but that was okay. This really is a great hotel! I enjoyed staying here and would stay here again. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us! We are always so glad to hear from our guests, and I can't wait to share this with our staff! Harry is an asset to be sure, as are all the rest of our staff members. He will be excited to hear that he helped make you stay more enjoyable!

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us!
Travel safe.
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed recently in two bedroom suite (Room 333). Room was brand new and modern in appointments. Unfortunately, two things marred our stay. First, for a room with two bedrooms and two large King beds and a separate seating area (claims to sleep 6), we only got soap and towels for about two people. Asked at front desk for towels since it was already late - about 1030pm and we were traveling with kids - "no we don't have towels at the front desk" said the disinterested counter representative slumped over the counter (odd). OK, then send to the room -- a 30 minute delay ensued. Not good. Worse was the sleep quality. Something is above Room 333 -- another guest room? Whatever it was, on this Saturday night around 3am there was chair moving and lots of walking which was audible and kept my wife up. So the sound insulation between floors at least for 333 is not good.

Otherwise, a modern hotel which we would give one more try to. There are train tracks outside -- but the windows/exterior sound insulation were excellent. Will go back but will be wary.

A good option for I-81 travelers, but that's the story from 333.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room, but I am very sorry about the noise and towel issues. We are working to address the stock at the front desk. I am most pleased that you've told us that you will give us another opportunity to impress you. We can't wait to see you again! Travel safe.
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I were in Roanoke for a wedding and chose Cambria based on trip advisor reviews and proximity to the wedding location at mill mountain park (the top rated thing to do in Roanoke). The great reviews were spot on. The hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and efficient, and our room was spacious and comfortable. For the price we payed we felt it was worth it, except it would have been great if breakfast was included in the price. We did not try the hot breakfast at about $10 per person, and ended up leaving to go elsewhere to eat, which wasn't a big deal. Neither my husband or I had ever stayed at a Cambria before, but would definitely stay at a Cambria again in the future. Highly recommended!

Stayed August 2014
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
I'm so glad that you were impressed with our property. And thank you for sharing your experience with us! We take a lot of pride in our guest reviews, and it's great to hear that we've lived up to the billing! I hope you get a chance to come see us again soon, and I can't wait to share you review with our staff! Thank you again, and travel safe.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed at the Cambria Suites because a family member was having a procedure performed at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. I was amazed with this place. I have traveled the country and stayed in many different hotels. The Cambria Suites, Roanoke, has one of the best staffs I have ever encountered. Not just the front desk, but everyone. Very attentive and actually care about your stay with them.

The room was perfect for our needs. The room we stayed in had an area with a couch, foot stool and TV. Perfect for my father to rest while I was at the hospital with my mother.

I can't say enough about this hotel. Absolutely flawless and amazingly kind!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being only 2 blocks from the hospital we do see a lot of families with members there, and our goal is to ensure that they need not worry about anything more than that. I am so glad that we provided such a warm and comforting place for you and your father, and I hope that your mother is doing well. The next time you're in town we will be here to help again, please come and see us!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Cambria Suites, Roanoke is across the street from a sports park and a great bike path that goes for miles along the river. It is also perfect for runners and walkers. The hotel is also very close to the Market Square and walking distance from the medical school and hospital complex. The suite was large enough for my son, daughter in law and two small children. It has a refrigerator, micro wave, and coffee maker. The hotel has a small hot and cold buffet that was included in the price of our room for two dollars more than the AAA rate. Otherwise it is ten dollars a person. I loved the fresh fruit selection. I didn't like the extra charge for tea at $1.60 a cup. There is a small pool, hot tub, and fitness center. My only complaint about the room is not enough lighting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I'm so glad that you were pleased with your stay, and I hope we get to see you again soon! Located 2 blocks from the hospital and med school we are located in a fantastic part of the community! We also offer a complimentary shuttle to take our guests almost anywhere they would like to go! Please come back and see us again soon, and again, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!