“Great value, courteous staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great value, courteous staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We recently stayed here for a local sporting event. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Meals were robust and overall I think it was a good value for the money. The only thing that could have been improved was the exercise equipment. Two treadmills were out of service and the bike was a bit worn out. However, they have plenty of space for lifting, a good selection of dumb bells and mats for yoga. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us! I'm so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with our property! Just so you are aware, we have had the treadmills repaired and they are all in working order now! I hope we do get to see you again soon! Thank you again for staying with us!

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
de
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We often overnight here on our way back and forth between TN and DE, usually checking in late at night. The front desk staff is always friendly which is much appreciated after a long drive. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet is adequate and the server (Tony) is friendly as well.

I am usually pretty loyal to a specific hotel chain that I wont name here... but that does have a property in Roanoke. However, if I am staying in Roanoke, I'm staying at Cambria Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
I'm so glad to hear how much you enjoy staying with us! Tony will be very proud to hear that you appreciate his service, and I'm very glad to see that you remain loyal to our property! I will share your review with our staff and I'm sure that they will all be so pleased to know you enjoy staying with us!

Thank you again, and we'll see you soon!
Nicholls, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 5 nights during ASA Nationals....almost every minute of the stay was wonderful. Front desk help could work on their service skills some (particularly the ladies) but the room attendees and the resturant crew were AWESOME....especially Pam...tell her the softball girls from GA say hello and thanks!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and thank you for taking the time to let us know! I hope that the girls had fun and that we get to see you all again next year! Pam will be excited to hear about your review! Thanks again for staying with us, and for your review of our property!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Quality room for the price - usually around $100 when I visit there on business. Rooms are clean - good internet and HD video service there. Staff is friendly. Food options are limited but OK for a couple night stay - plus there are plenty of good restaurants 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Careful in the parking garage - several blind spots!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad to see that you enjoy staying with us when you're in town. Being located right near downtown is great! And we have our courtesy shuttle that will take you just about anywhere in the city!

Thank you again for your review of our property, and we hope to see you again soon!!
Loudon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed in the Roanoke Cambria Suites for one night and found it to be a first class hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; the room was beyond our expectations - modern and sparkling clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were delighted with the room arrangement with a separate sitting area with a sofa, desk and TV as well as a second TV that could be viewed from the bed. We highly recommend this establishment!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time out to share you experience with us! It's always nice to hear when a guest is pleased with their stay! I'm glad you enjoyed your room, and yes, all of our suites have 2 TV's as well and the pull-out-sofa. It's also nice to hear that you were pleased with our staff, we stand on our service and I'm glad to see that shows through!

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We made reservations for a mutual business colleague to stay at the reference hotel 6/25/14 and found the hotel and service to be outstanding.
We made a visit to check out the property on Friday 7/25/14, found the rooms to be outstanding and the staff was very attentive and informative about the property.
The location is great and because it is an all suite property and with the amenities offered it makes a great place for the business traveler and families.
Our colleagues and us normally stay at another popular hotel in Roanoke, but for the future Cambria will be our hotel of choice when traveling to Roanoke.
Paul and Maria did a great job in giving us information regarding the hotel.
General Manager, Kyle Clingingsmith was very helpful when we made a reservation for our business colleague.
This hotel exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: If you're looking for space as a business traveler or family the King bedroom suite with adjoini...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for shearing your experience with us! I'm so glad to see that you were pleased with our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed to rooms, and that your colleagues are pleased as well. What we take the greatest pride in though is our service, I'm very excited to see that Paul and Marie delivered on that!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My daughter is relocating to the Roanoke area for work. We were in Roanoke the 3rd week in June. It was her second week on her new job. She will be working between Roanoke and Charleston, WV, but will be based in Roanoke. We needed a place to stay for 4 nights while looking for a place for her to live while in Roanoke. She had her job interview at Cambria so we decided to make a reservation there. We had called another hotel (Hotel Roanoke and when asking about corporate credit card, reservations, etc. they were very rude). The front desk staff at Cambria are awesome. They did everything to make our stay wonderful. When we checked in late the first night Melena was there and when she found out that we were going to be looking for housing, she printed off a packet of rental properties and left them for us the next morning. We ended up renting one of the properties she found for us. Thanks, Melena. Other staff I would like to thank: Paul, at front desk, always friendly and very helpful. Looking up phone numbers, address, etc. Great guy. And Pam, working breakfast shift. She is such a great lady. Was very friendly. Made sure everything was perfect. I observed her with a family member of a very ill patient at the hospital and she was sincere in her concern for his son. She sat with him while cleaning her silverware and talked to him. It was obvious it was not fake. She really cared. Also, Herbert. I only used the shuttle once, but he was awesome. Great man. Friendlly and so kind. There was another man, and I can't remember his name, but he was a driver also and when my daughter and I left on Thursday morning, he saw us lugging our heavy suitcases, bags, shopping bags, etc. trying to get them to fit in the trunk and he helped us load everything in. He also told us if we needed anything, even if we weren't staying there, while we were in the process of moving to the area, to let the staff know.

Best place I have every stayed. I have stayed at the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher Springs, WV, $400-$500 per night, and was not treated as well as I was at the Cambria. Thanks, guys. Great job.

Room Tip: all rooms great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I'm so very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! And congratulations on finding an apartment, I know relocating can be tough. It's nice to see that we were able to make the move a little less stressful though! Melena, Paul and Pam are all going to be thrilled when I share this review with them! Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I do hope we get to see you again soon!

Travel Safe

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!