“Great Bargain” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Bargain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Quality room for the price - usually around $100 when I visit there on business. Rooms are clean - good internet and HD video service there. Staff is friendly. Food options are limited but OK for a couple night stay - plus there are plenty of good restaurants 5 minutes away.

Room Tip: Careful in the parking garage - several blind spots!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm so glad to see that you enjoy staying with us when you're in town. Being located right near downtown is great! And we have our courtesy shuttle that will take you just about anywhere in the city!

Thank you again for your review of our property, and we hope to see you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Loudon, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed in the Roanoke Cambria Suites for one night and found it to be a first class hotel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful; the room was beyond our expectations - modern and sparkling clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were delighted with the room arrangement with a separate sitting area with a sofa, desk and TV as well as a second TV that could be viewed from the bed. We highly recommend this establishment!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time out to share you experience with us! It's always nice to hear when a guest is pleased with their stay! I'm glad you enjoyed your room, and yes, all of our suites have 2 TV's as well and the pull-out-sofa. It's also nice to hear that you were pleased with our staff, we stand on our service and I'm glad to see that shows through!

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We made reservations for a mutual business colleague to stay at the reference hotel 6/25/14 and found the hotel and service to be outstanding.
We made a visit to check out the property on Friday 7/25/14, found the rooms to be outstanding and the staff was very attentive and informative about the property.
The location is great and because it is an all suite property and with the amenities offered it makes a great place for the business traveler and families.
Our colleagues and us normally stay at another popular hotel in Roanoke, but for the future Cambria will be our hotel of choice when traveling to Roanoke.
Paul and Maria did a great job in giving us information regarding the hotel.
General Manager, Kyle Clingingsmith was very helpful when we made a reservation for our business colleague.
This hotel exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: If you're looking for space as a business traveler or family the King bedroom suite with adjoini...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for shearing your experience with us! I'm so glad to see that you were pleased with our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed to rooms, and that your colleagues are pleased as well. What we take the greatest pride in though is our service, I'm very excited to see that Paul and Marie delivered on that!

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My daughter is relocating to the Roanoke area for work. We were in Roanoke the 3rd week in June. It was her second week on her new job. She will be working between Roanoke and Charleston, WV, but will be based in Roanoke. We needed a place to stay for 4 nights while looking for a place for her to live while in Roanoke. She had her job interview at Cambria so we decided to make a reservation there. We had called another hotel (Hotel Roanoke and when asking about corporate credit card, reservations, etc. they were very rude). The front desk staff at Cambria are awesome. They did everything to make our stay wonderful. When we checked in late the first night Melena was there and when she found out that we were going to be looking for housing, she printed off a packet of rental properties and left them for us the next morning. We ended up renting one of the properties she found for us. Thanks, Melena. Other staff I would like to thank: Paul, at front desk, always friendly and very helpful. Looking up phone numbers, address, etc. Great guy. And Pam, working breakfast shift. She is such a great lady. Was very friendly. Made sure everything was perfect. I observed her with a family member of a very ill patient at the hospital and she was sincere in her concern for his son. She sat with him while cleaning her silverware and talked to him. It was obvious it was not fake. She really cared. Also, Herbert. I only used the shuttle once, but he was awesome. Great man. Friendlly and so kind. There was another man, and I can't remember his name, but he was a driver also and when my daughter and I left on Thursday morning, he saw us lugging our heavy suitcases, bags, shopping bags, etc. trying to get them to fit in the trunk and he helped us load everything in. He also told us if we needed anything, even if we weren't staying there, while we were in the process of moving to the area, to let the staff know.

Best place I have every stayed. I have stayed at the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher Springs, WV, $400-$500 per night, and was not treated as well as I was at the Cambria. Thanks, guys. Great job.

Room Tip: all rooms great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I'm so very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! And congratulations on finding an apartment, I know relocating can be tough. It's nice to see that we were able to make the move a little less stressful though! Melena, Paul and Pam are all going to be thrilled when I share this review with them! Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I do hope we get to see you again soon!

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything you would want in a hotel at this price level. And more, really, an outstanding hotel for the money.

In a somewhat isolated part of the city; very close to a large hospital complex but you will need to drive to get anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we're all so glad you enjoyed your time at our property! We are located two blocks from Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and just a few blocks from downtown. Next time you're here with us, remember that our courtesy shuttle can take you just about anywhere you need to go!

Thanks again, and travel safe!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed for one night in mid June and overall a strange and at times unpleasant experience at odds with most reviews here. The two experiences that stood out were when taking a shower the bath was not emptying. Removed plug to find the most disgusting assortment of hair, bits of plastic and other items blocking the way. Hardly any water was draining and it is simply impossible that staff didn't notice this when cleaning the room. In the middle of a shower I had no option but to clean myself, not the greatest start.

My partner then called the front desk with a very simple question... Is there a vending machine to buy water on the floor. Answer "no you have to come to reception". Stepped out of the room later to find a vending machine down the hall. Just strange behaviour and characteristic of the relative indifference displayed by the staff every time we communicated with them. Maybe it was because we weren't American.

The property itself is decent enough, but nothing special. A touch over hyped.

Room Tip: Check the bath plug!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for bringing this situation to my attention, and let me apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We take these kinds of lapses very seriously and I can assure you that this is not the norm at our property. I hope we get the chance to make a better impression when you next visit the area. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further as well, please feel free to give me a call anytime you would like.

Thank you again, and I hope we get to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel was fabulous!!! Loved every minute we were there!! Paul at the front desk was awesome and very acommadating after our horrible experience just up the street at the Quality Inn Tanglewood. You can check my review on it also. This hotel was a dream come true after stepping foot in the Tanglewood Quality Inn for 10 min going through 2 different rooms and requesting a complete refund due to health code violations!! Loved Paul at the front desk, he was so helpful and awesome!! The bar in the lobby is fantastic!! We had burgers that were huge!!! They were delicous!! Best mushroom bacon burger i've ever had! Room was fabulous!! Clean as a whistle which you can expect only from a Cambria!! I would've eaten off the floor!! I felt like a millionaire staying here but with a working woman's wallet!! I would love to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is fabulous!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for reviewing your stay with us! We always love hearing when guests enjoy our property. I'm especially glad to see that you enjoyed our restaurant and that the room was great! However what we pride ourselves on is our service, and Paul will be proud to see that you were pleased with his. Thank you so much for staying with us, I'm glad we were able to make you feel special!

Please do come back and see us again! And travel safe!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!