“Wonderful place!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Charleston, West Virginia
“Wonderful place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My daughter is relocating to the Roanoke area for work. We were in Roanoke the 3rd week in June. It was her second week on her new job. She will be working between Roanoke and Charleston, WV, but will be based in Roanoke. We needed a place to stay for 4 nights while looking for a place for her to live while in Roanoke. She had her job interview at Cambria so we decided to make a reservation there. We had called another hotel (Hotel Roanoke and when asking about corporate credit card, reservations, etc. they were very rude). The front desk staff at Cambria are awesome. They did everything to make our stay wonderful. When we checked in late the first night Melena was there and when she found out that we were going to be looking for housing, she printed off a packet of rental properties and left them for us the next morning. We ended up renting one of the properties she found for us. Thanks, Melena. Other staff I would like to thank: Paul, at front desk, always friendly and very helpful. Looking up phone numbers, address, etc. Great guy. And Pam, working breakfast shift. She is such a great lady. Was very friendly. Made sure everything was perfect. I observed her with a family member of a very ill patient at the hospital and she was sincere in her concern for his son. She sat with him while cleaning her silverware and talked to him. It was obvious it was not fake. She really cared. Also, Herbert. I only used the shuttle once, but he was awesome. Great man. Friendlly and so kind. There was another man, and I can't remember his name, but he was a driver also and when my daughter and I left on Thursday morning, he saw us lugging our heavy suitcases, bags, shopping bags, etc. trying to get them to fit in the trunk and he helped us load everything in. He also told us if we needed anything, even if we weren't staying there, while we were in the process of moving to the area, to let the staff know.

Best place I have every stayed. I have stayed at the Greenbrier Resort in White Sulpher Springs, WV, $400-$500 per night, and was not treated as well as I was at the Cambria. Thanks, guys. Great job.

Room Tip: all rooms great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
I'm so very excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! And congratulations on finding an apartment, I know relocating can be tough. It's nice to see that we were able to make the move a little less stressful though! Melena, Paul and Pam are all going to be thrilled when I share this review with them! Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! I do hope we get to see you again soon!

Travel Safe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Everything you would want in a hotel at this price level. And more, really, an outstanding hotel for the money.

In a somewhat isolated part of the city; very close to a large hospital complex but you will need to drive to get anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, we're all so glad you enjoyed your time at our property! We are located two blocks from Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, and just a few blocks from downtown. Next time you're here with us, remember that our courtesy shuttle can take you just about anywhere you need to go!

Thanks again, and travel safe!
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed for one night in mid June and overall a strange and at times unpleasant experience at odds with most reviews here. The two experiences that stood out were when taking a shower the bath was not emptying. Removed plug to find the most disgusting assortment of hair, bits of plastic and other items blocking the way. Hardly any water was draining and it is simply impossible that staff didn't notice this when cleaning the room. In the middle of a shower I had no option but to clean myself, not the greatest start.

My partner then called the front desk with a very simple question... Is there a vending machine to buy water on the floor. Answer "no you have to come to reception". Stepped out of the room later to find a vending machine down the hall. Just strange behaviour and characteristic of the relative indifference displayed by the staff every time we communicated with them. Maybe it was because we weren't American.

The property itself is decent enough, but nothing special. A touch over hyped.

Room Tip: Check the bath plug!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you so much for bringing this situation to my attention, and let me apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We take these kinds of lapses very seriously and I can assure you that this is not the norm at our property. I hope we get the chance to make a better impression when you next visit the area. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further as well, please feel free to give me a call anytime you would like.

Thank you again, and I hope we get to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel was fabulous!!! Loved every minute we were there!! Paul at the front desk was awesome and very acommadating after our horrible experience just up the street at the Quality Inn Tanglewood. You can check my review on it also. This hotel was a dream come true after stepping foot in the Tanglewood Quality Inn for 10 min going through 2 different rooms and requesting a complete refund due to health code violations!! Loved Paul at the front desk, he was so helpful and awesome!! The bar in the lobby is fantastic!! We had burgers that were huge!!! They were delicous!! Best mushroom bacon burger i've ever had! Room was fabulous!! Clean as a whistle which you can expect only from a Cambria!! I would've eaten off the floor!! I felt like a millionaire staying here but with a working woman's wallet!! I would love to stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this hotel is fabulous!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for reviewing your stay with us! We always love hearing when guests enjoy our property. I'm especially glad to see that you enjoyed our restaurant and that the room was great! However what we pride ourselves on is our service, and Paul will be proud to see that you were pleased with his. Thank you so much for staying with us, I'm glad we were able to make you feel special!

Please do come back and see us again! And travel safe!
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Cambria Suites. The entire hotel was clean, comfortable, and welcoming. There is underground parking, a nice restaurant and bar. There is also a pool and excellent workout room. The guest rooms have a separate seating area with a couch, comfortable chair, desk/work area, microwave, and refrigerator. There are 2 flat screen televisions, one for the sitting area and one for the bedroom area. Breakfast is not included but may be purchased in the restaurant. We would highly recommend this hotel for a one night stay, or an extended stay. The staff were terrific!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive to provide this level of experience for every guest we receive every day! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the chance to enjoy our restaurant and bar as well! Thank you again, and we hope you get to come see us again soon!

Travel Safe
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I spent close to three weeks at Cambria Suites Roanoke while waiting for the birth of our adopted daughter, and then for the time we had to remain in Virginia awaiting paperwork to bring our baby home. We can't say enough about Cambria Suites and its amazing staff. Cyndi in the office, Melena, Crystal, Paul and Maria at the desk, Kyle and Andrew the managers, Jill, Pam and Tony at the bar, Herbert the driver, Leslie and all the housekeeping staff, Bob and all the kitchen staff, Harry and Ron all made us feel like family when we were far away from our own. The place was spotless and modern, the gym was clean and well equipped and the bar had a fabulous selection of local microbrews. How can you beat that? Hats off to Cambria!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so very much for your kind words. We already miss you and your family. I do hope you all made it home safely, and that you're settling in with the new addition! And don't worry too much, I hear the sleepless nights end, something like 18 years from now. I hope we get to see you all again sometime soon! Travel safe, and take care!
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Friendly Staff
Clean Hotel
Good Location

The Bistro and Bar Staff are great - very friendly - answer questions - make good recommendations. I have stayed a many hotels across the country, and this property is in the top 10%. The hotel staff and managment know my name and assist me within their means.

The manager loaned me his bicycle during the weekend, when I wanted to ride the greeenway and up to the star! Thank you Kiel (sp?). The new management team is enthusiastic and seems to be very supportative of their staff.

Only great things can come from a managment team that works with its staff....

Thanks to you all!

Room Tip: Get a room away from elevators
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your ride up to the star and around the greenway! Our teams focus is on our service, and I am glad to see that is showing through. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again, and travel safe.