“Great Room at a good rate.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Bozeman
“Great Room at a good rate.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The suite was very large and modern. The bed felt new. I wound definitely recommend this Hotel. Everything about the hotel and room felt new, clean and modern. We will stay there again where we travel to Roanoke, VA. The rate was better than other hotels that are not as nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kyle C, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
We are always so glad to hear from our guests! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. These are the kinds of reviews our staff loves to see! Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your stay here.

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Thanks to other wonderful trip advisor reviewers, I chose to stay at this property while in town for business. I was not disappointed and this will be my lodging choice for future visits. Having two televisions in the suite was quite helpful for me. The shower was great and having bath and body works brand products was a much appreciated bonus! The exercise room was well maintained and everything I needed, including water/towel. Top floor offered nice view of the star on the mountain. I did not eat at the hotel due to there being a Cheddars (best croissants when fresh!) within close driving distance. Staff was so kind and even enabled my shopping habit by having a Macy's coupon readily available.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review your stay with us! I'm so proud to hear that our staff delivers such great service (even if they did enable your habit a little). I love to hear how much you enjoyed the room as well. Next time your hear you should definitely try the food though, we are in process of building a whole new menu for the restaurant as we speak!

Thanks again, and we can't wait to see you soon!!!
Richmond, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great hotel in Roanoke, Virginia. Great hotel, close to Mill Mountain, downtown, and I-581. We stayed here last year for the Blues Festival that was adjacent to the property. Some of the artists stayed here too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the time you took to review your stay! Our location is one of our finest selling points, with access to downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital and a courtesy shuttle to get you ever where you need to go.

Thank you again, and travel safe!
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a well run hotel, with professional and friendly staff. The rooms are large and cozy! My only complaint about this hotel is the sound in the room. You can hear people walking above you and noise coming from the rooms beside you. It was quiet when I went to bed so I slept well. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Try to get the top floor, as there are elevators. I was not on the top floor and I could here people...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aspers, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

All that you have read on TripAdvisor about this hotel is true. We were very pleased at the cleanliness and ambiance from the moment we walked in to the lobby. Room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. Decor is upscale and soothing. Lighting is particularly thoughtful, with a dimmer switch in living room area. Coffee was great- Wolfgang Puck.
Breakfast was very good. Pam was our server, and she was so kind and welcoming. She not only gave us terrific service, she also helped us with questions about area attractions. We got the signature blueberry muffin French Toast, and it was scrumptious! The chef, Donnie, even came out to give me the recipe for the nutmeg sauce in the dish. Thanks to both of them we had a great breakfast while gazing at the Blue Ridge Mountains. Stay here folks. You won't be sorry!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Now that's what you like to hear! Thank you so very much for your review of your stay! We take pride in our rooms, restaurant, lobby and even our coffee! But what we stand on is our service, and I will be sure to recognize Pam and Donnie and let the rest of our staff know what a fantastic job they are doing! Thank you again so much for taking the time to review us!

Travel safe!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The negative: The bar is expensive. It's a little out of the way from most stuff, but they offer a free shuttle that will take you almost anywhere you need around town.

The positive: The staff are the most friendly, smiling, caring people I have experienced at any hotel. By staff, I mean cleaning crews, cooks, waitstaff, front-desk clerks, groundskeepers and I believe those are all I interacted. The room and public areas are very tidy and inviting. Lighting in the rooms could be better, but who goes away to stay in the room other than to sleep or clean up.

I highly recommend Roanoke's Cambria Suites to anyone, except people I don't like...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! The free shuttle we offer is a great way to get around town during your stay with us. I'm excited to see that you enjoyed your room and that you noticed the cleanliness of the public areas as well, but what we pride ourselves on is our service! I'm so glad to share this review with all our staff and let them know what a great job the are doing! I hope we get to see you again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed from a Friday to Monday for a work trip and was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful hotel, lobby, and room. To be more accurate, I had a suite which had a small living room area with a big flat screen tv sofa, table, chair and desk with a chair. There was a small fridge and microwave, along with coffee maker in the room. The bedroom area had a king size bed and another big flat screen tv. The decor was modern, tasteful and clean looking. I was really pleased. The bathroom was also gorgeous.
I did take advantage of the pool and hot tub, which were as expected in a hotel. They were in decent shape.
As for service, the staff was friendly and helpful, especially when I was looking for my swimsuit after housekeeping made up my room on the second day of my stay. After a frantic call to guest services, the rep did check with housekeeping and called me back quickly to inform me that since all the housekeeping staff left, she would check with them in the morning. I doublechecked the bathroom to discover my swimsuit was moved to the back of the bathroom door. I called back down to let guest services know I'd found my suit.
Besides that minor incident, I had a pleasant stay. Oh...FYI they offer Wolfgang Puck coffee as their complimentary beverage! I always opt for Dark Roast! Yum! But if you are not as bold they do have lighter coffee options. They do have breakfast and other food options that you do have to pay for. I didn't have time to indulge in their breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I'm so glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope we'll see you again soon. We're always glad to see when our guests enjoy our rooms, but what we pride ourselves on is our service, and it's great to be able to share these kinds of comments with our staff. I will look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you again, and travel safe.

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!