“Great service great price” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great service great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I highley recommend this hotel to all. The cost & food is great as well as the customer service. I'd like to additionally commend Pam as she always delivers above and beyond the standard mode of customer service! KB

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Your entire group is a company is a delight to have in the hotel as guests. We are so happy that y'all chose us in Roanoke! Pam is a blessing that is for sure!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Christiansburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were very impressed by the hotel lobby and the front desk upon check-in. We were about 20 minutes early and that did not seem to phase the staff. The lady at the front was very informative and check-in was fast and painless. Our room was way more than we expected for the price we paid. We had a good size bathroom with modern fixtures and a tub that a 6'4" man could soak in (he had to squeeze in but he could fit!), a microwave/fridge/coffee maker with high quality coffee, a separate living space and a very comfy king size bed. The only problems we had was the hotel had the AC units that are mounted under the window. Ours was very loud and at about 2 am started making a very annoying noise. We turned it off and did not call the front desk to ask them to fix it because we were just too tired to deal with it. Finally, we tried the AC unit again and was able to stop the annoying noise enough to sleep. But we did not get to sleep much longer. At 7am, the event across the street started playing their music. Because we were facing the event grounds we actually thought the music was coming from a neighboring room. At that time we called the front desk and they informed us there was nothing they could have done. It would have been nice if Friday night they would have placed us on the other side of the hotel to put some distance between us and the music. Other than those two inconveniences this hotel was great. If we stay in Roanoke again for a 1 night getaway we will consider here first, but we will make sure there are no loud events taking place this time.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be placed on the side of the hotel closest to the train tracks. The rumble of the tra...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for chosing to stay with us! I am very sorry about the AC noise - it is not a complaint that I usually get and I have brought it to the attention of the engineer. I am sorry that you were negatively affected by the Race for the Cure! We are working with Parks and Recreation for better mmunication about thes events and the impact that it has on our guests. We sincerely hope that you will stay with us again!
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Very friendly staff; as good a hotel gym as I have seen and I travel a lot. The hotel will take you anywhere in Roanoke so feel free to have drink or two. BTW, lots of good restaurants in Roanoke and the hotel food is also good in case you don't fell like going out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you made good use of the ammenities offered. We are thrilled that you won't stay anywhere else!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

My flight from Chicago Tue evening kept on being delayed. Bless Jim's heart! I didn't land until after 12:30am. I kept him posted on my flight status. He waited and picked me up at the airport. I appreciated that very much! Also, for some reason, I am not aware of the kitchen hours. I've been told when I checked-in, but I didn't remember. However, Bob is always willing to fix up a meal for me. So grateful for that as well! I ate there once a day everyday during my stay. Pam gave excellent service! Always making sure if I'm doing ok and re-filling my water. I could not have asked for more. All three (Jim, Bob, and Pam) made conversations with me. I enjoyed the small chats! Thank YOUs...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hi Kim! I just shared your comments with Bob and Pam and will make sure to share with Jim as well. Bob says he will send you his recipe for his fantastic tomato soup! Come back and see us!
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have had to travel to Roanoke several weeks in the last few months. I take great comfort in knowing that I get to stay at this fine establishment. The staff makes you feel at home. They're accommodating and extremely friendly. Their rooms a beautiful and very clean. There restaurant staff have customer service down to a science, I would highly recommend them!! I will stay here every time I am in Roanoke, VA!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad that you chose us and that we impressed you enough to return again and again! Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to make your stay more enjoyable!
Fries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were in town to dance the night away to the Band of Oz at the Jefferson Center April the 4th, 2014. Hotel was convenient to everything. I was so pleased with Cambria Suites. The suite was beautiful and very clean. The bed was soooooo comfortable. I usually bring my own pillow but I was glad I didn't, all six were of the best quality. It was quiet and we rested well. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will stay again! J Williams

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We are delighted that you chose to stay with us for your "dance the night away" weekend. and even more delighted that you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cambria Suites!
Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here unexpectedly when my airline flight was canceled. This is relevant because it means that I didn't have a car, and since this hotel is located pretty far from any amenities, that was an issue in my case. That said, this hotel is increasingly nice. The suite-type rooms are spacious and the interior design is very attractive. There were two televisions in the room, which would be a plus if you were traveling with kids and wanted a little bit of separation in your room. The bed, including the ample number of pillows was very comfortable, and the air conditioning was quiet. I was also impressed by the friendliness of the staff, starting with the shuttle van drivers and extending to the people at the front desk. Well done!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! While we are located in a developing area we are close to downtown and our shuttle is happy to transport you Monday through Friday until 11pm! Hope that you return for a planned stay next time!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!