“Great stay between snow storms!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great stay between snow storms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our college age daughter, my wife and I had a wonderful stay at Cambria while visiting family that have just moved to Roanoke. great new hotel. I really liked the 'suite' part of the room for reading and relaxing. It was the first time in a Cambria and it won't be the last. Pam, at the breakfast buffett area, started our day with some of the best customer relations I have had in some time. She was a gem by giving us all our options and service with more than a smile; a wonderful attitude made us really feel welcome. See you next time!

Room Tip: side away from railroad tracks
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! Pam has become quite the celebrity because of TripAdvisor! We have had guests come in and ask for her by name and say that they just had to meet her because of the wonderful things people say about her! We are blessed to have her!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kokomo, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were in Roanoke for professional education class and were snowed in for three days! The staff stepped up and worked their tails off to make the best out of the situation. Most notably was Bob, the chief in the kitchen. He stayed night and day at the hotel to make us breakfast, lunch, and dinner! He did an amazing job with limited resources. Jill took orders, made drinks, bussed tables, etc. no stop! These people deserve credit for going above and beyond the call of duty!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for understanding how hard they worked! We are so blessed to have a wonderful dedicated staff that really cares about our guests! I share all of the comments that our guests take the time to write with the staff and Bob and Jill will be delighted to see that efforts were appreciated!
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

There are not enough adjectives to adequately express the level of service and comfort that the staff of this amazing property provided to our family during the darkest time we have ever experienced. In September2013, my mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor - surgery, stroke, infection all followed. She was unable to recover and passed away in November. But If there is a silver lining, the staff of the Cambria Suites was it! They restored my faith in human kindness. They showed us all that is good in this world through their kindness, compassion, caring, love and support! Our family was there for over a month and we gained friends, true friends, for life! Thank you Jill and Tony, for always being there! And of course your Excellent bar tending skills, especially those Cosmos - But mostly for the time you spent listening to our hearts - many tears were shed with you, and I am so grateful that you were there to hold my hand through this horrific experience. I could not have made it without your love and support!
The property is top-notch In all aspects - the cleanliness of the rooms - fresh linens and towels every day, even leaving a note finding money that we had lost; the friendliness of all staff - "is there anything else we can do for you" ; comfort of the rooms - spacious and comforting; deliciousness of the food - we had everything on the menu - literally - and it was all excellent ( loved the blueberry French toast- thanks Pam) and the most accommodating front desk - our crowd came and went, our numbers changed, our dates changed and NEVER was it a problem!
I wish I could remember everyone's name, but if you were employed by the Cambria Suites during September, the you were OUTSTANDING!
We will be back to stay here for pleasure soon - simply to say thank you in person and to see the staff that held us in their hearts! They are truly exceptional and I am so blessed that they are part of our lives! From the bottom of our most grateful hearts- Mattie and family

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Mattie - we were all so sorry for the devastating loss of your Mother. I am so blessed to have the wonderful staff that I do! Jill, Tony and Pam are treasures, along with the rest of the staff. We got so close to your family that we all felt a loss and your comments just made me cry! Please come see us soon - we will celebrate life!
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I recently spent a week at Cambria during a family health crisis and could write a book and not say enough good things about this lovely, near-flawless property. The staff could not have been more welcoming or understanding. Various family members rotated in and out as we took turns staying the night with my sick mother, and the small, hardworking staff bent over backwards to help us all out. From the front desk staff to the young man who does the sweeping and errand-running to the shuttle drivers, good manners and graciousness abound.

Specifics: To say this place is clean is an understatement. It looks and smells spotless. Beds are beyond comfy and linens are crisp. Decor is modern, but not annoyingly so. The menu in the dining room is small but food is excellent. The gal who tends bar pours with skill, always good to have in a crisis. The hot tub is HOT. The pool is spotless. The complimentary coffee bar is excellent. The hotel is just a jot off I-581, with ample parking, some of it underground. The proximity to Roanoke Memorial is perfect, and an easy walking distance. But there is no need to walk when the obliging shuttle drivers will drop you at the front door, saving you the nightmare of parking in the somewhat distant garages. They will even shuttle you to and from the airport and the grocery store. Forgot your toothbrush or your room key or your whatever? No problem. Left your $100 Tempurpedic pillow behind -- as I foolishly did? No worries. They will ship it to you. Or hold it. Or whatever. You really do get the feeling that nothing is too much trouble, and that they have seen enough folks jittered up by family illness to know exactly what to say and do. All this at a bargain price, too.

Bottom line, for business or pleasure in the greater Roanoke area, you will not find a better run, more accommodating property than Cambria. I look forward to going back under happier circumstances.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you so much! this will be reviewed at our all associates lunch next week. We hope that your healing continues!
Washington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

A co-worker and myself just spent the past week at the Cambria Suites in Roanoke, Va. We couldn't have asked for better customer service. The area experienced almost a foot and a half of snow, which shut down the city. The hotel staff went above and beyond what I would expect to be normal customer service. Many of them spent days at the hotel working long hours to meet the guests needs and exceed our expectations. The entire time they were patient and kind and did their jobs with a smile and service that I haven't experienced at other hotels. Excellent food, rooms, excercise facility and the customer service is top notch. Thanks, Bob, Jill, and other staff for making my stay a wonderful experience in a difficult situation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
That snow was a mess! Sorry that you were stuck in it with us = but happy you got to meet Jill and Bob! Spring is coming!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the best Hotel Breakfast. Staff and service were the best ever experienced. They went out of their way to insure that guest were comfortable during an unprecedented snow storm that shut down the city. The entire weeks stay was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014
Breakfast is always a tough call! Thank you for appreciating how hard they work for you!
Hot Springs, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This property rates 5 stars in my opinion! I'm writing from my hotel room now. My husband has been in Roanoke Memorial Hospital since Wednesday (open heart surgery) and Cambria Suites has taken care of me as if I were family. My thanks to "Ron" who works at the hotel and one of Cambria's guests from Pennsylvania (gosh I wish I could remember his name). They dug my car out of the snow on Wednesday morning. Ron cleaned the car off as well and even moved it for me so I could get to the hospital. There are good samaritans out there after all. The Front Desk staff has been very patient with me because each day I've had to add a night to my reservation. Even with the 20+ inches of snow and limited staff, they could not be more attentive.

The room is appointed very nicely and is very very clean. The food is wonderful.

If you're ever in the Roanoke Virginia area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this venue.

Thanks Cambria for making my stress filled week more comforting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are blessed with Ron as well as other key members of our staff! Ron smiled and said how sweet you were and remembered the guest who said "it just wouldn't be right" not to help!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!