“Great Service Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Washington, Indiana
“Great Service Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

A co-worker and myself just spent the past week at the Cambria Suites in Roanoke, Va. We couldn't have asked for better customer service. The area experienced almost a foot and a half of snow, which shut down the city. The hotel staff went above and beyond what I would expect to be normal customer service. Many of them spent days at the hotel working long hours to meet the guests needs and exceed our expectations. The entire time they were patient and kind and did their jobs with a smile and service that I haven't experienced at other hotels. Excellent food, rooms, excercise facility and the customer service is top notch. Thanks, Bob, Jill, and other staff for making my stay a wonderful experience in a difficult situation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lynne L, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
That snow was a mess! Sorry that you were stuck in it with us = but happy you got to meet Jill and Bob! Spring is coming!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the best Hotel Breakfast. Staff and service were the best ever experienced. They went out of their way to insure that guest were comfortable during an unprecedented snow storm that shut down the city. The entire weeks stay was a pleasure.

• Stayed February 2014
Breakfast is always a tough call! Thank you for appreciating how hard they work for you!
Hot Springs, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This property rates 5 stars in my opinion! I'm writing from my hotel room now. My husband has been in Roanoke Memorial Hospital since Wednesday (open heart surgery) and Cambria Suites has taken care of me as if I were family. My thanks to "Ron" who works at the hotel and one of Cambria's guests from Pennsylvania (gosh I wish I could remember his name). They dug my car out of the snow on Wednesday morning. Ron cleaned the car off as well and even moved it for me so I could get to the hospital. There are good samaritans out there after all. The Front Desk staff has been very patient with me because each day I've had to add a night to my reservation. Even with the 20+ inches of snow and limited staff, they could not be more attentive.

The room is appointed very nicely and is very very clean. The food is wonderful.

If you're ever in the Roanoke Virginia area and need a place to stay, I highly recommend this venue.

Thanks Cambria for making my stress filled week more comforting.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are blessed with Ron as well as other key members of our staff! Ron smiled and said how sweet you were and remembered the guest who said "it just wouldn't be right" not to help!
Chase City, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I really need a number higher than 5 to rate service. This hotel goes above and beyond and exceeds my expectations with each visit I make. Yes I refer to my stays here as visits. Being snowed in here during winter storm Pax was actually a pleasant experience rather than an inconvenience. Pam, the breakfast server is ALWAYS pleasant and cheerful son its hard to have a bad day when you start your morning with her. Gotta run they just dug my car out for me....time head home.

• Stayed February 2014
Doesn't get any better than this review! Pam cried when I read it to her. Y'all are such a blessing to us!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We came up for a weekend stay at the beginning of January with our ice hockey team. The rooms were beautiful! Much larger than we are used to, and definitely very modern and new. Especially nice for the rate provided. Jill (I hope my memory is serving me correctly) the bar manager was outstanding. She had to deal with our kids and our large group and did an excellent job. She made us feel very welcome and was extremely accommodating. We dealt with her the most and she was a great representative! The only criticism I have is the bathrooms were clean, but you can tell they are slightly neglected. The caulk was starting to come loose between the tub and tile and you could tell it was like that for a while. The other thing was the ceiling vents were covered in dust. Very minor details, but I was surprised since the hotel was obviously newer and everything else was so nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Shared with Jill as well as the Maintenance staff! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Nice clean modern hotel, at a good rate. We had a double queen for my daughters birthday sleepover with 4 girls and I and it was a very nice room. Plenty of room for us. The indoor pool was very clean and lots if fun for the girls mid winter pool party. Housekeeping was very quick to respond to our requests. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed January 2014
Happy belated birthday!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very pleased with my stay. Beautiful big room. Very clean. Ample parking. Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Booked online and got a great deal. Hope to stay here again soon. Location is close to downtown and near hospital. Easy to get to just not a lot right by hotel. But peace n quiet was nice too.

• Stayed January 2014
We are still waiting for you to return!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!