“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Michigan
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and very large. Grounds were well kept. Bed comfortable. Very friendly, helpful, courteous
staff. Can't ask for much more than that. For about $150 per night, I only wish breakfast was included like at Hampton, Fairfield, etc. If in the area again, I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are working on a package that includes breakfast as it is our biggest request. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days while I was visiting a close relative that was in the Carilion Memorial Hospital that is about 2 blocks away. We were given a discounted rate of $90.00 through the hospital. Our room was of a decent size with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. The beds were soft and comfortable with high quality linens. The sofa bed is what you would expect a sofa bed to be. The room has 2 32" Flat screen televisions with a wide variety of cable channels offered (including HBO and Showtime) The bathroom was modern suited our needs well. Also in the room was a small microwave and a small refrigerator. Large enough to to store 3 take out containers as well as quite a few bottles of water and a bottle of wine.

The lobby is very inviting with plenty of seating and wired internet ports as well as wireless throughout. The restaurant is in the lobby. Although it was never crowded, the food was very good, we had no complaints even though there is not a wide variety of offerings on the menu. You'll need a car because there is not another restaurant within walking distance.

Kudos to the staff!!! EVERYONE we encountered was polite, helpful and informative. They allowed us to borrow a DVD player one night to watch DVDs we had rented.

This hotel is quiet. They service people needing to be close to the hospital very well. I highly recommend it if thats what brings you to Roanoke.
Business Center, fitness center, washer and dryer are all on site. Covered (FREE) parking in the basement also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
What a great review! Such clear detail about our property! If your travels bring you back to the Roanoke Valley keep in mind that our shuttle drivers will gladly take you anywhere you want to go within 10 miles Monday through Friday - yes even to other restaurants!
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is new, modern, and fresh and the best hotel we stayed in on a recent trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I liked being able to park my car in the garage underneath too. The only negative is that there is no complimentary breakfast, and when you're watching your time, this is important. We had breakfast at the well known The Roanoker, about a mile away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. The covered parking is convenient especially for motorcycles. At this time of year with the leaves turning a drive down the parkway is a beautiful sight! On your next trip I invite you to try our Blueberry Muffin French Toast with Nutmeg Cream!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

It had been one of those disaster days, when a shortish trip from Washington turned into a long ordeal on the road. Never having been to Roanoke or a Cambria Suite before, I was expecting a dismal end to the day in cookie-cutter accomm with staff who weren't too happy to manage late, late arrivals. Couldn't have been more wrong; this place is the surprise stay of a year that has taken me from Vientiane to Dubbo to New York and many places in between. The front desk was brilliantly and warmly managed by Robin, who had us in our rooms in a few short minutes with the kindly offer of an extended checkout if we needed more time to settle our frazzled nerves. Robin: I hope there is some award for staff who can make you feel like a long-lost friend who has turned up unexpectedly and needs some TLC ... you get mine! Rooms are big, comfortable and spacious with lots of fluffy towels, nice soaps and two plasma TVs. Well done Cambria Suites: I'll be looking out for you in the future based on the Roanoke VA experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review! I have of course share your comments with the staff her and Robin was absolutely glowing at your impression of her. We do reward and value our employees and she surely got a big vote from you! We hope to see you again in your travels!
Princeton, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband had a doctor's appointment at a clinic in Roanoke on 10-04-13. I called Cambria Suites several days before inquiring about a suite. The desk clerk was very friendly Upon our arrival to the hotel on 10-03-13 we were greeted with a smile from all staff. They were very informative and hospitable. Service from the restaurant was great . The food was were well prepared. The suite was clean , with 2 queen size beds, 2 flat screen televisions, sofa,refrigerator and microwave. The clinic my husband went to was within walking distance from the hotel. Although my husband was ill, the hospitality and accommadations provided made our stay seem more like a vacation than a doctor visit. I would highly recommend this hotel and actually have recommended it to family and friends. Thank you so much Cambria Suites

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Hospital and Clinic visits can be very stressful and we make it our mission to make our guests feel comfortable while they are here! So glad you enjoyed your stay!
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We live in Roanoke and recently had to choose a hotel for a quick overnight stay due to house renovations. This hotel was very clean, had a friendly front desk and had large rooms. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you choosing us for your overnight stay! I hope that your renovations went well and that you keep us in mind if you ever need us again!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently visited Roanoke to interview at the new Virginia Tech medical school, and I stayed at the Cambria suites nearby. I must say that I had a very positive experience here that really exceeded my expectations. The entire hotel is modern, relatively new, and very clean. My room was a super spacious suite with two TV's and a comfortable king sized bed, and it was better than pretty much every Hilton and Hyatt that I've stayed in, The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs, and the food was excellent. It was too bad I had to leave early for my interview the next day !

Room Tip: If you are visiting the medical school or the nearby hospital, I would look no further than this hot...