“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I recently visited Roanoke to interview at the new Virginia Tech medical school, and I stayed at the Cambria suites nearby. I must say that I had a very positive experience here that really exceeded my expectations. The entire hotel is modern, relatively new, and very clean. My room was a super spacious suite with two TV's and a comfortable king sized bed, and it was better than pretty much every Hilton and Hyatt that I've stayed in, The staff was very friendly and attentive to my needs, and the food was excellent. It was too bad I had to leave early for my interview the next day !

Room Tip: If you are visiting the medical school or the nearby hospital, I would look no further than this hot...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are so glad that you chose us! I am looking out my window at the VTC Campus right now! I hope that you had a successful interview and return to stay with us while you look for permanent housing!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed there for three days on business. The rooms were modern, but comfortable. If there had been a balcony, honestly I could have lived there! The meals were ok, but pricey. The service was very good and the staff was responsive. Not much in the immediate area, just fields so you are confined to the hotel unless you take the shuttle into downtown Roanoke.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review of our hotel! Service is what sets us apart from the competition! Especially the shuttle drivers. The balcony is a great idea! I will pass that along.
Goochland, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

It's been a year since my first review of this property although I have stayed 60+ nights since then. Turnover in key hospitality staff has been low so I am able to see the same smiling faces each visit. Hotel staff greet me by name and know my preferences. No hotel is perfect however what sets this team apart is they are responsive to my needs. My stays are business related and it's nice to see my preferences remembered. Great job Cambria.

Room Tip: All rooms are set back from the halls due to the suite nature of the property. Very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you! When people who we consider family write about us we love it! You are what makes us successful! Our return business traveler!
DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

This very modern hotel is on the edge of town, across the street from a well used park. I loved our room, because we could watch the kids play baseball, felt very small town and sweet. We loved walking along the excellent park trail nearby, plus we found a great restaurant almost within walking distance, called River to Rail (I think), where I had the best hangar steak of my life. The hotel itself is super clean and modern, has a great little cafe and tv lounge, set up for folks who like to drink coffee and hunker over laptops. We asked for the " mountain" view, and got it, on the top 5th floor. Just a few minor things kept me from giving this palace five stars...air conditioner in our room (and our friends) was pretty loud, pool was teeny tiny, and a few marks on bathroom ceiling in an otherwise spotless room. Staff was great, underground FREE parking, location perfect for getting to all the places we needed to go. Price was right too!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
During your stay here in Roanoke you found 2 of my favorite places - the Greenway and The River and Rail! (they made Southern Living's must go list this year) Please come back to see us!
Scottsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Roanoke for a wedding this past weekend and had the best experience with Cambria Suites. It was a rainy weekend and I loved that they had underground parking so we didn't need to walk in the rain. We made it to the front desk and the hotel clerk was very friendly and gave us the goodie bag (from the brides family). We got to our room and was blown away. It was very spacious and not just one big rectangle. We had a king size bed in it's own little sleeping area, and there was also a little sitting room with another TV and couch. The room also had a microwave and an empty mini fridge. The shower was very spacious with luxurious fixtures. It was the nicest/fanciest hotel room we have stayed in so far. The next morning the hotel organized a private breakfast for the 50 or so guest that had stayed there with the wedding. The food was very tasty as well as some delicious coffee. The staff working the breakfast was very friendly and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Roanoke, especially if you are having out of town guest for a wedding or any kind of function.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We so enjoyed that wedding group in particular! Everyone was so friendly and nice and weddings can be stressful! Please come back to see us! I will share your comments with the staff.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Travel to this hotel frequently and having nothing bad to say.
Staff is unbelievably nice and always makes me feel at home.
Rooms are modern and clean with nice hook-up capabilities for a computer or gaming device.
Also the area is beautiful with easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the downtown night life. The hotel shuttle drivers are almost always (don't run Sat. or Sun. most of the time) available to take you to dinner or the clubs downtown.

The bartenders and wait staff are also great and if you like bloody mary's, one of the bartenders, Jill, makes them the old fashion way from scratch, YUM!

If you are used to traveling across the country to big city hotels, this hotel, its staff and the area will remind you what true hospitality is like! I started coming here primarily for business and now just come to get away!

Room Tip: Rooms with a mountain view are the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We value our repeat guests and you are definitely like family! We are always delighted when we see your little car in the garage! Thank you so much for your kind works and I will certainly share them with the staff - especially Jill. Thanks again and see you soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Picked this place because we needed a suite with our children. Layout was ok but not overly spacious. Considering its Roanoke & location, I doubt many people stay much more than overnight. The bathroom was really weird though. The toilet is set off of the wall & feels like its in the way in the middle of the room! We didn't get to check out any amenities. The price is a little high in my opinion for the area but the hotel itself is clean & nice. I'd stay there again if necessary.

• Stayed September 2013
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I am pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and nice and that you would stay with us again. I have not had such a comment prior to this in reference to the bathrooms and I thought that I had been in each room enough to notice that! If you would like to contact me I would love to know which room this is! Thank you for the review!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!