“The right place for family gathering” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Farragut, Tennessee
“The right place for family gathering”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Clean room, very comfortable bed, good nice sleep makes for a great family reunion visit in a nice mountain town. Breakfast at the hotel was alittle chaotic because they appeared to be short of help and their was to many at the tables and to few to serve. Kudos to the waitress for her being cordial with so much of a work load, service with a smile trying to do a job for three people. The breakfast was fair, buffet didn't have all the items in supply, but I'm glad what they had was still warm. We enjoyed watching the children in the large pool, needed some pool accessories around the pool so we could sit and watch. I liked the parking garage, we met a calico cat that wanted to be petted, I think the little one was a baseball fan since the diamond was across the street. I would definitely go back to this hotel when visiting the family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments - and the little Calico (Callie) was adopted by a a guest and now lives in the country!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is a moderately premium priced chain but aside from modernistic de'cor it's much like other chains. The lighting in the rooms is relatively dim. The food I bought at dinner wasn't warm and certainly wasn't tasty. I did like the quiet rooms. But I didn't like having to pay for breakfast when so many of this hotel's competitors provide it free. It's very convenient to Carilion Hospital but away from downtown by about 1.5 miles. I believe it caters to a clientele that has business with the hospital.

Room Tip: This hotel's rooms are probably better insulated than many so a good sleep is likely in most roo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I am so sorry that you didn't agree with the majority of our guests. I am however pleased that you enjoyed a good night sleep.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Lovely room, clean, spacious, quiet and very modern. Our deal with Expedia included breakfast which was average to good, but the waitress was very helpful and personable without being overpowering.
One minor criticism, we neede to leave our IT in a safe while we were out but a) the deposit boxes are too small and b) no-one could open them!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your post. I will take this as a training opportunity to ensure that all staff know how to open the safety deposit boxes! It is sometimes the little things that matter most! Thank you again.
Frostburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is my second stay at the Cambria Suites. I wish there were more of them around. It is the first chain hotel I look for in any city I am going to. It is very high end and a perfect set up. I had resserved a room to sleep 6 but upon arrival they didn't have that available. It worked out okay since my family did not travel with me as expected. Would have been a HUGE problem is they had though. Anyway, the facility is great. pool is quite small but nice. Plenty of parking. Short driving distance from shops and restaurants. Nice lounge area in the lobby. The rooms and furnishing are the best part of this hotel. It will always be my first choice when staying in Roanoke, VA.

Extremely clean!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind response. We look forward to your return trip to Roanoke and welcoming you back to the Cambria Suites!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have traveled throughout all of North America based on my career choice, and I have to say our stay at Cambria Suites Roanoke rates top of the line across the board. We stayed at this hotel due to an accident that my brother was in while we were riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. This was day 2 of our group vacation (6 family members total-all couples), and I do not think that we could have been stuck in a better place. The staff was amazingly accommodating and, while there are really no attractions within walking distance, the hotel’s complimentary shuttle service more than made up for this by the friendly, almost immediate, service along with great recommendations! That said, we had a quiet location with anything else that this city has to offer at our finger tips! Not to mention the feeling of genuine concern from the hotel staff in regard to my brother who remained hospitalize for the remainder of our trip (6 days). Lynn, Marie, Jim, Harry and the rest of the staff at this hotel, our group offers you a GREAT big thank you for helping us to make the best out of our situation!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope that next year you take another trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains and CHOOSE to come and stay with us - instead of the unfortunate accident that brought you here this time. We all hope that your brother is continuing to heal and back to normal soon!
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel with my CP points, when I booked my room it said a 2 king bedroom suite with a living room. Upon check in I came to my room and it was a one bedroom suite. I kindly go to the front desk where I believe Kim is her name was working and asked her about my room type and she flat out lied to me and told me the Internet can be deceiving. Are you kidding me? I'm not stupid, and I know how to read what type of room I booked. Needles to say I will be reporting this to Choice. The customer service here is HORRIBLE, even the assistant GM who came to our room for air conditioning issues was very rude. Although this is a very nice hotel they are seriously lacking in the customer service department. I personally will not waste my points at this property in the future!!

• Stayed August 2012
I am so sorry about the problems that you encountered. Please contact me directly at Lynne.laidlaw@cambriasuitesroanoke.com at your earliest convenience
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at this new hotel while visiting someone in the hospital and had a very pleasant stay. Room was very clean, with a comfortable bed, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, and very good wi-fi. Breakfast bar included several hot items and staff was attentive. No restaurants within walking distance other than the bistro at the hotel with a somewhat limited menu. Sandwiches and desserts are available at the sundry shop 24/7. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reccommend our hotel! Please come see us again!

Been to Cambria Suites Roanoke? Share your experiences!