“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Lovely room, clean, spacious, quiet and very modern. Our deal with Expedia included breakfast which was average to good, but the waitress was very helpful and personable without being overpowering.
One minor criticism, we neede to leave our IT in a safe while we were out but a) the deposit boxes are too small and b) no-one could open them!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your post. I will take this as a training opportunity to ensure that all staff know how to open the safety deposit boxes! It is sometimes the little things that matter most! Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Frostburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is my second stay at the Cambria Suites. I wish there were more of them around. It is the first chain hotel I look for in any city I am going to. It is very high end and a perfect set up. I had resserved a room to sleep 6 but upon arrival they didn't have that available. It worked out okay since my family did not travel with me as expected. Would have been a HUGE problem is they had though. Anyway, the facility is great. pool is quite small but nice. Plenty of parking. Short driving distance from shops and restaurants. Nice lounge area in the lobby. The rooms and furnishing are the best part of this hotel. It will always be my first choice when staying in Roanoke, VA.

Extremely clean!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind response. We look forward to your return trip to Roanoke and welcoming you back to the Cambria Suites!
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have traveled throughout all of North America based on my career choice, and I have to say our stay at Cambria Suites Roanoke rates top of the line across the board. We stayed at this hotel due to an accident that my brother was in while we were riding the Blue Ridge Parkway. This was day 2 of our group vacation (6 family members total-all couples), and I do not think that we could have been stuck in a better place. The staff was amazingly accommodating and, while there are really no attractions within walking distance, the hotel’s complimentary shuttle service more than made up for this by the friendly, almost immediate, service along with great recommendations! That said, we had a quiet location with anything else that this city has to offer at our finger tips! Not to mention the feeling of genuine concern from the hotel staff in regard to my brother who remained hospitalize for the remainder of our trip (6 days). Lynn, Marie, Jim, Harry and the rest of the staff at this hotel, our group offers you a GREAT big thank you for helping us to make the best out of our situation!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LynneLaidlaw, General Manager at Cambria Suites Roanoke, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope that next year you take another trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains and CHOOSE to come and stay with us - instead of the unfortunate accident that brought you here this time. We all hope that your brother is continuing to heal and back to normal soon!
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel with my CP points, when I booked my room it said a 2 king bedroom suite with a living room. Upon check in I came to my room and it was a one bedroom suite. I kindly go to the front desk where I believe Kim is her name was working and asked her about my room type and she flat out lied to me and told me the Internet can be deceiving. Are you kidding me? I'm not stupid, and I know how to read what type of room I booked. Needles to say I will be reporting this to Choice. The customer service here is HORRIBLE, even the assistant GM who came to our room for air conditioning issues was very rude. Although this is a very nice hotel they are seriously lacking in the customer service department. I personally will not waste my points at this property in the future!!

• Stayed August 2012
I am so sorry about the problems that you encountered. Please contact me directly at Lynne.laidlaw@cambriasuitesroanoke.com at your earliest convenience
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed at this new hotel while visiting someone in the hospital and had a very pleasant stay. Room was very clean, with a comfortable bed, microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker, and very good wi-fi. Breakfast bar included several hot items and staff was attentive. No restaurants within walking distance other than the bistro at the hotel with a somewhat limited menu. Sandwiches and desserts are available at the sundry shop 24/7. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to reccommend our hotel! Please come see us again!
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Traveling from new york to houston. Stopped here with three kids. Pool, restaurant, bar...what more could you want? Two bedroom suite for pess than 200 bucks. New facility. No complaints here. Wish we could have stayed longer and spent more time in Roanoke, a nice town.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! Now that you know about our nice little town you should try to plan a longer trip and stay awhile!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Soft bed. Clean. Spacious. Two flat TVs. New. Long hours of restaurant (didn't try). Some garage parking. Fridge. No free breakfast. Paid $150 a night. I did late check in, early check out. Little bit out of the way. Close to hospital.

Room Tip: Away from elevators.